Today I Learned...

ZEF

Guest Fight Me.

TIL that the US Express (Barry Windham and Mike Rotunda) used "Real American" as their theme song before Hulk Hogan did.

That's as weird for me as when I found out Sgt. Slaughter used "Medal" in 1997 before Kurt Angle eventually did.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TIL that the US Express (Barry Windham and Mike Rotunda) used "Real American" as their theme song before Hulk Hogan did.

That's as weird for me as when I found out Sgt. Slaughter used "Medal" in 1997 before Kurt Angle eventually did.

Like 3 people use Kurt's theme. The Patriot and someone else.

Like 3 people use Kurt's theme. The Patriot and someone else.
It was used as the American Survivor Series team theme

that the only reason David Arquette won the world title was because someone outside the company wanted it to happen

There had to have been more than just one person outside the company that wanted this to happen. I'm sure WCW had to want this as well.

Yeah Austin is wrong as usual. He was doing commercials or a movie or something for WCW/network execs so they thought, hey, buyrates!

that the only reason David Arquette won the world title was because someone outside the company wanted it to happen

There had to have been more than just one person outside the company that wanted this to happen. I'm sure WCW had to want this as well.

I'm sure it was a combination of WCW wanting to tie "Ready to Rumble" to their actual storylines, and probably not inconsiderable pressure from WB studios to do it for publicity for their movie.

To be honest, it was in both companies' interests if Ready To Rumble became a hit.

It was to promote Ready To Rumble.

That's it, I couldn't remember the name.

There might have been but the call was made from someone outside the company

TIL that Paul Bearer was a wrestler before he became a manager.

TIL that Bearer worked as ring crew with Michael Hayes, John Tatum, and Robert Gibson.

TIL that Bearer has a cousin that wrestles named Marcelle Pringle. Marcelle was one of Hardcore Holly's trainers.

But did you know that he was an actual mortician in real life?

Archived