TNA Wrestlers Dealing with Pay Issues.

AssaultDriver720

I know it sounds crazy but if TNA ever felt like they were on the verge of bankruptcy they should at least consider moving everything to the UK where they are insanely popular. Id even argue more popular than WWE (from what I've read anyway).

I think people from the UK on here have said they're only popular over there because they're on a free channel while the channel that WWE is on you have to pay for.

I know it sounds crazy but if TNA ever felt like they were on the verge of bankruptcy they should at least consider moving everything to the UK where they are insanely popular. Id even argue more popular than WWE (from what I've read anyway).

I think people from the UK on here have said they're only popular over there because they're on a free channel while the channel that WWE is on you have to pay for.

I'm sure that's part of it, but popularity is still popularity and with it comes advertising, merchandise and other profits.

This is actually a good article from Prowrestling.net that kind of explains why TNA is so popular over there in addition to just being on a cheaper or free channel: Link

Even if they are "insanely popular" in the UK, TNA still makes a majority of their money in the United States. The US is a much bigger market than the UK as well. Take that away, and the results wouldn't be very pretty.

They paid Matt five weeks worth at once I guess

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/587834938965147648

Or months

That's great, but someone should tell him that he doesn't need 7 different writing implements, and also that you can't sign checks with silver sharpie markers...

I bet Jeff just presses his faces against them and goes like "There, it's art. Also I am obviously Jeffrey Hardy."

• 2 weeks later...

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that one wrestler who was late in pay from TNA told the office that if he wasn’t paid on time, he would leave to go work for Jeff Jarrett’s Global Force Wrestling.

Apparently the issue got “straightened out quickly.”

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wwe-news/tna-talent-reportedly-threatens-to-leave-for-gfw/

Archived