Suicide squad

Rubbersoul

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Even in a year jam-packed with superhero sequels and other bloated blockbusters, Suicide Squad‘s marketing has managed to stand out, and one of the reasons is the music. The promos have eschewed the traditionally bombastic action movie score for fun song choices like “Bohemian Rhapsody” and “Ballroom Blitz.” And the official Suicide Squad soundtrack will keep the good times going.

Among the notable tracks are Skrillex and Rick Ross‘ “Purple Lamborghini,” the music video for which will feature Jared Leto‘s Joker; Panic! At the Disco‘s cover of “Bohemian Rhapsody”; and familiar hits like Eminem‘s “Without Me” and Creedence Clearwater Revival‘s “Fortunate Son.” Get the full Suicide Squad soundtrack list after the jump.

1. Purple Lamborghini [Explicit] by Skrillex & Rick Ross
  2. Sucker For Pain (with Logic, Ty Dolla $ign & X Ambassadors) [Explicit] by Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa & Imagine Dragons
  3. Heathens by twenty one pilots
  4. Standing In The Rain (feat. Mark Ronson) [Explicit] by Action Bronson & Dan Auerbach (of The Black Keys)
  5. Gangsta [Explicit] by Kehlani
  6. Know Better [Explicit] by Kevin Gates
  7. You Don’t Own Me (feat. G-Eazy) by Grace
  8. Without Me by Eminem
  9. Wreak Havoc by Skylar Grey
  10. Medieval Warfare by Grimes
  11. Bohemian Rhapsody by Panic! At The Disco
  12. Slippin’ Into Darkness by War
  13. Fortunate Son by Creedence Clearwater Revival
  14. I Started a Joke (feat. Becky Hanson) by ConfidentialMX

Suicide Squad‘s choice of music puts it more in line with irreverent blockbusters like Guardians of the Galaxy or Deadpool than more serious-minded ones like Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Captain America: Civil War. And that’s probably a good thing. Audiences have responded really well to funnier, edgier comic book movies, and Lord knows the DC Extended Universe could use a bit of playfulness after the grim battle that was Batman v Superman. In particular, Eminem’s purposefully obnoxious, irresistibly catchy “Without Me” sounds like just the perfect choice for a pack of not-so-heroic heroes.

http://www.slashfilm.com/suicide-squad-soundtrack/

Even in a year jam-packed with superhero sequels and other bloated blockbusters, Suicide Squad‘s marketing has managed to stand out, and one of the reasons is the music. The promos have eschewed the traditionally bombastic action movie score for fun song choices like “Bohemian Rhapsody” and “Ballroom Blitz.” And the official Suicide Squad soundtrack will keep the good times going.

Among the notable tracks are Skrillex and Rick Ross‘ “Purple Lamborghini,” the music video for which will feature Jared Leto‘s Joker; Panic! At the Disco‘s cover of “Bohemian Rhapsody”; and familiar hits like Eminem‘s “Without Me” and Creedence Clearwater Revival‘s “Fortunate Son.” Get the full Suicide Squad soundtrack list after the jump.

1. Purple Lamborghini [Explicit] by Skrillex & Rick Ross
  2. Sucker For Pain (with Logic, Ty Dolla $ign & X Ambassadors) [Explicit] by Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa & Imagine Dragons
  3. Heathens by twenty one pilots
  4. Standing In The Rain (feat. Mark Ronson) [Explicit] by Action Bronson & Dan Auerbach (of The Black Keys)
  5. Gangsta [Explicit] by Kehlani
  6. Know Better [Explicit] by Kevin Gates
  7. You Don’t Own Me (feat. G-Eazy) by Grace
  8. Without Me by Eminem
  9. Wreak Havoc by Skylar Grey
  10. Medieval Warfare by Grimes
  11. Bohemian Rhapsody by Panic! At The Disco
  12. Slippin’ Into Darkness by War
  13. Fortunate Son by Creedence Clearwater Revival
  14. I Started a Joke (feat. Becky Hanson) by ConfidentialMX

Suicide Squad‘s choice of music puts it more in line with irreverent blockbusters like Guardians of the Galaxy or Deadpool than more serious-minded ones like Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Captain America: Civil War. And that’s probably a good thing. Audiences have responded really well to funnier, edgier comic book movies, and Lord knows the DC Extended Universe could use a bit of playfulness after the grim battle that was Batman v Superman. In particular, Eminem’s purposefully obnoxious, irresistibly catchy “Without Me” sounds like just the perfect choice for a pack of not-so-heroic heroes.

http://www.slashfilm.com/suicide-squad-soundtrack/

oh shit, TØP

Haha, I've always thought Katana was a cool'ish character but only just found out her origins were that her two brothers wanted to marry, she choose one and had inbred children with him... uhh. Just ruined everyone's views on her in the film, you're welcome!

What if Leto spends the rest of his life as The Joker? XD

And wtf, am I the only dumbass who didn't know he was the frontman for 30 Seconds to Mars? Why are there no songs from them on the soundtrack?

What if Leto spends the rest of his life as The Joker? XD

And wtf, am I the only dumbass who didn't know he was the frontman for 30 Seconds to Mars? Why are there no songs from them on the soundtrack?

Yes, yes I think you are.

Archived