Suicide squad

Rubbersoul

*non spoiler review*

just watched Suicide Squad, completely sold on Joker-Harley Quinn. they both play they role perfectly.

kinda disappointed to see one character didnt get much spotlight as his fellow squad members.

shocked to know this movie involves some deep connection the audience can relate.

good job, definitely better than BvS

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched this last night. I thought it was really good. While I understand a lot of the criticisms the movie is getting it is by no means as bad as critics are making out. The characters were great, some of them didn't get as much love as overs but overall the whole Squad was great, Amanda Waller was amazing. I'll be going to see this again for sure, comes recommended from me.

I liked it more that I thought I would. Absolutely in love with Margot, though there was something off about Leto's Joker. Maybe I went into it with Ledger-level expectations or something but I was pretty underwhelmed by him.

Was awesome to see

Batfleck

show up. Seems they've got everything coming along nicely for JL.

^ Yeah, I noticed.

Just came home from watching this. I don't care what critics say, it was a good movie. And I don't really give a damn about DC movies much.

The movie was great,better than Batman v Superman, and I don't even hate the latter.

- Ended up liking every character (except Slipknot Cuz you know, hahahahaha). Deadshot and Harley were obvious show steelers

- I want more Leto Joker, nearly not enough of him was shown.

- Holy shit El Diablo

- loved the two JL member cameos

Did anybody notice durring Harleys introduction video where it listed her crimes that it said that she killed Robin?

The rap sheet says "Accessory to murder" or something to that degree basically she was there. But wouldn't they know who Robin/Batman is if they charged her with that crime

If you saw the mid credits scene

it pretty much implies that Amanda knows Bruce is Batman

Did anybody notice durring Harleys introduction video where it listed her crimes that it said that she killed Robin?

The rap sheet says "Accessory to murder" or something to that degree basically she was there. But wouldn't they know who Robin/Batman is if they charged her with that crime

If you saw the mid credits scene

it pretty much implies that Amanda knows Bruce is Batman

True but I would still expect some problems

I thought this movie was fine enough. It's the last 30 minutes I take issue with, just like I did with BvS.

I thought Leto did good as Joker from the little we saw of him.

I thought everything about this movie was good, aside from the movie itself. If that makes any sense.

I thought this movie was fine enough. It's the last 30 minutes I take issue with, just like I did with BvS.

I thought everything about this movie was good, aside from the movie itself. If that makes any sense.

Not really. So you mean everything about the movie met the bare minimum, but it's not a solid movie, right?

Just left. Pretty dope movie.

The backstories were great.

Harley getting wheeled outta the prison :XD:

Was skeptical about how Jared Leto would do as Joker and how the character would be as a whole but I was hella pleased.

Never found Cara Delevingne attractive till now.

Katana is a bad bitch boi.

Killer Croc is Drago and Matanza Cueto's love child :hqhq: He was dope in all seriousness.

Salute to El Diablo for taking one for the squad

Batman punching Harley :lol:

Captain Boomerang and his pink pony fetish :lol: Died at how he turned on dude at the beginning during that heist.

Why Joel Kinnaman look and sound like a southern Big Cass?

Hope and pray that Margot and Jared get the green light for a Joker/Harley movie.

Oh yeah and seeing Margot in throwback Harley gear was great

Not really. So you mean everything about the movie met the bare minimum, but it's not a solid movie, right?

I thought the performances were good. The movie itself looked and sounded good. It's just that, the plot, specifically the ending weren't that good.

Quite frankly, this movie didn't really deserve the great performances that were in it.

Movie was average at best. I was very hyped, positive and open about it. I defended a lot before it came out, but it was underwhelming. The plot is weak, the antagonist is weak, the script is weak and, it follows, the dialogue is shit as well. There is no clear beginning, no clear sense of progress. It just sorta stumbled from one okay action scene into the next and doesn't even try to hide the plot-armor. The characters are poor as well, although I think props need to be given to the cast, particularly Leto, Kinnaman, Delevingne and Davis, who play super poorly written characters in a way that exceeds what you could hope for if you knew the characters in advance. Kudos to them for trying to make it work.

I still like Joker visually, but it truely ended up not feeling like Joker. I play the writing. Leto, in that role, as a psychopathic mobster in a stand-alone franchise (like, not DC) would be great though.

Movie is style over substance, to cut it short. I'd give it a 5/10. It's an enjoyable, brainless, pretty movie to watch once, but it'd be awful upon second viewing.

Archived