A glimpse at MyCareer.

TheDeaconBosco

Yeah everybody unlocked through benoits story as well as unlockable attires had to be removed with benoit since it was such a last minute removal.

Its one of the reasons it was such a big filled mess, you can tell it was done very quickly because points in 24/7 mode where he was meant to show up are the buggiest parts, or at least from what I can tell.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's truly a horrible, horrible name.

We'll get used to it, but meh. I don't care what Balor means, it sounds really stupid. And Finn is up there with McGuillicuty for silly children sounding names.

I'm used to Adrian Neville now, and that name is truly the pits. Didn't help that I knew the guy and always knew him as Pac.

I have heard that past gen NBA 2k games have a career mode that starts out with limited options for a created player and at the same time, has a separate, full create a player mode. I don't know if that is even true or not though.

Nah, they were the same if I remember. Only difference was that accessories had to be purchased with Virtual Currency in the MyPlayer.

There was NO create a player option for NBA 2K14 on current gen outside of MYPLAYER. Which majorly sucked for me, because they gave us the usual bunch of Historic teams with 3/4 filled rosters but no way to fix them. Seriously, why bother even including the 1970 Bucks if you can't include Lew Alcindor on the roster???

Yeah everybody unlocked through benoits story as well as unlockable attires had to be removed with benoit since it was such a last minute removal.

Its one of the reasons it was such a big filled mess, you can tell it was done very quickly because points in 24/7 mode where he was meant to show up are the buggiest parts, or at least from what I can tell.

Very true.

Do you have to go through Career Mode with all of your CAWs though?

I'd like to know that as well. 2010 was so bad for that particular reason.

That was 2008 and 2009.

2010, you could level up during matches.

Right, I think it was '09 where they assigned abilities in career mode to your CAW and if you were playing it poorly, you'd end up with 300 lbs wrestler with the springboard ability.

Career mode sound like it will get boring after a while. It's the typical "grind until you make it to the top with no storylines" that's been done before. I was hoping for an actual story, we haven't had a real story mode, since what, WWE 12?

Career mode sound like it will get boring after a while. It's the typical "grind until you make it to the top with no storylines" that's been done before. I was hoping for an actual story, we haven't had a real story mode, since what, WWE 12?

I liked the Road To Wrestlemanias, they were cheesy but had proper wrestler voices and felt a bit more special than 'relive the Undertaker vs Kane rivalrly two years in a row'.

I guess VC is alright for this game because its not like I get the game on release date and meet a bunch of superstars on the blacktop right away.

I'd love to take AJ to the blacktop right away

...I don't ...I don't even know what this means...it's nasty though I know that for a fact.

I'd imagine that there will be some semblance of a story. One of the reviewers mentioned a cut scene where Lesnar came out, F'5ed him, and then Heyman cut a promo. That leads me to believe that there'll be built in feuds in the mode.

Re: the whole friends CAW in My Career.

Do you think it will possible to insert anotherof your own CAW instead? Upload a Caw and then DL it would it then be possible for him to appear in My Career instead of a friends?

I'd imagine that there will be some semblance of a story. One of the reviewers mentioned a cut scene where Lesnar came out, F'5ed him, and then Heyman cut a promo. That leads me to believe that there'll be built in feuds in the mode.

Well that's intriguing. Hopefully there's a lot of those and you don't go 3 months without any story. I was afraid it was going to be like WWE Universe, where it's just small cut scenes with no promo or anything.

Archived