******** as DLC? (Raw Spoiler)

keezer1

Does anyone think he has a chance? It would take a lot less effort to make him compared to Adam Rose. Just edit change the textures on Cody Rhodes and the Diamond Dust is already in 2k14 as one of Layla's moves, it won't be perfect but neither have a lot of DLC wrestlers (Ryback in '13, 'The Nexus' in '11).

Not holding out but I just think it would be pretty cool.

You know the WWE game series is the EXACT reason DLC was brought to light. I can't fathom why WWE and the games developers haven't jumped on this yet! Make a game every 2 - 3 years, and between those releases just release new arenas, new attires, and new wrestlers as DLC.

It's a win/win for everyone. We get new features every few years, and the roster stays up-to-date! Like we'd have "Stardust" in a matter of weeks.

Two words for you, superstar heads, except you can't modify the face/add face paint lol.

Would be a good way to emulate him being in a long match and all his face paint having faded.

If they do let us add facepaint to superstar heads that would be a big plus, especially if they have blank Dustin Rhodes, Ultimate Warrior and Sting heads.

You know the WWE game series is the EXACT reason DLC was brought to light. I can't fathom why WWE and the games developers haven't jumped on this yet! Make a game every 2 - 3 years, and between those releases just release new arenas, new attires, and new wrestlers as DLC.

It's a win/win for everyone. We get new features every few years, and the roster stays up-to-date! Like we'd have "Stardust" in a matter of weeks.

unless we have a game like 2k14 then dlc wouldn't really be that great. that technology is already so old, waiting another 2 years or so would be the worst and the mechanics gets so old you wouldnt even bother downloading the DLC. get us a good replayable game then maybe implement that idea

unless we have a game like 2k14 then dlc wouldn't really be that great. that technology is already so old, waiting another 2 years or so would be the worst and the mechanics gets so old you wouldnt even bother downloading the DLC. get us a good replayable game then maybe implement that idea

umm ur forgetting the major reason WWE WANTS A YEARLY GAME

Sassy.

And you're forgetting the reason the fans want a higher quality game. Calling us out aside here, DLC can be just as profittable as a full-featured game. There's no reason a company shouldn't go with this aspect other than not 100% of any console base is connected to the internet.

Yes, WWE sees a decent revenue off the yearly franchise, but as fans of the game we all want a more polished game. If you don't, you lack the forsight of a good game.

not saying anyone here, but I know some people feel like since it was said 2k was able to extend the cut off that some people have talked as if that meant the cut off hasn't passed yet. I think they meant it as the cut off was later, but has passed by now and I am sure its the same for dlc. 2K14's cut off was the last week in February for characters/ wm 29 for attires. It'd suck, but be funny, if 2K meant the cut off wasn't February 28....it was now March 1 :-)

And you're forgetting the reason the fans want a higher quality game. Calling us out aside here, DLC can be just as profittable as a full-featured game. There's no reason a company shouldn't go with this aspect other than not 100% of any console base is connected to the internet.

Yes, WWE sees a decent revenue off the yearly franchise, but as fans of the game we all want a more polished game. If you don't, you lack the forsight of a good game.

Honestly, if they made really good quality DLC and patches they could make just as much as they would with a yearly game.

Think about it, make maybe a 50 superstar update, whether it be alt attires, new characters, etc. and throw in a move pack every time. You could charge 20 to 30 for that, now make multiple ones a year while giving us regular patches. This way, WWE is still making just as much as they would from yearly games and 2K/visual concepts/yukes has time to work on a serious improvement every 2 or 3 years.

This not only gives us a huge roster over time, but because each pack would be separate, buyers have the choice of saying "this large pack doesn't have as much people as I would like/doesn't have the moves I'd like, whereas this pack does".

I'm sure i'll get shot down by people that want their DLC is a trillion small micro-transactions, but there ya go.

its not a bad idea. but you can't change a game engine and core mechanics in DLC and patches. we need an entirely new experience with an updated engine, new physics, and mechanics. it can be added to and fixed beyond that but that is what we need first. these games are so bad right now, it needs to be as good and as polished as the nba games before I'm comfortable with just dlc updates. i really don't want to get a half assed game like the last few. dlc doesn't keep the game fresh if it still plays like ass. they have some trust to earn.

its not a bad idea. but you can't change a game engine and core mechanics in DLC and patches. we need an entirely new experience with an updated engine, new physics, and mechanics. it can be added to and fixed beyond that but that is what we need first. these games are so bad right now, it needs to be as good and as polished as the nba games before I'm comfortable with just dlc updates. i really don't want to get a half assed game like the last few. dlc doesn't keep the game fresh if it still plays like ass. they have some trust to earn.

Well that actually helps then. We get the DLC and such to at least make the game a little bit more playable, and they get the time to work on a new engine and features without McMahon breathing down their necks to get him his precious monies.

All I really want is better presentation. Move selling has completely fallen on its face, the crowd is absolutely dead for any spots or high-impact manuvers so there's no build to a match what-so-ever, commentary is dreadful (most of the time painful to listen to), and the Creation Suite has been stretched to its limits with the current iteration (the new-current gen's power will aid this last point).

I know a lot of this is being addressed this year (supposedly), but without a significant improvement over the past 3 year's releases, the series will keep diminishing to the point that no help except a significant development cycle will fix it. Hell, we're almost to that point now, really.

"Eco motion" that was implemented into NBA 2k14 will go a great length to freshen up the game, so I sincerely hope that comes to the WWE series this year, but we need even more than this can provide.

It's time for some significant changes to the franchise to bring it back to the peak it once had. 2k's talk is there, let's just hope they can back it up!

Well that actually helps then. We get the DLC and such to at least make the game a little bit more playable, and they get the time to work on a new engine and features without McMahon breathing down their necks to get him his precious monies.

Yeah it would probably help. Even now they could probably benefit from it. In it's current state though, I don't know how much DLC would help lol. It's so bad I don't think I could handle it just yet. I know they need the time but damn.

Archived