DLC Discussion Thread

djmann

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Wyatt/s, mark my words.

It all depends on whether they abide by past DLC release patterns. There's no need to. They had a half made game they completed, with that, there was plenty of reason to take the THQ plan in place and see it through to completion (with extra funding of course)... With the DLC, it's a lot more open as it's separate individual releases for download. If 2k wanted to, they could release 6 DLC packs once a month from release day onward. Or they could release individual superstars once a week. Perhaps we'll get less, perhaps the same but it's just as likely that we may get more DLC and more up to date stuff as in the past, money has always been an obstacle for THQ when it comes to these things. If they decided to start an update pack today, it could be ready for January, I would assume.

This is what I've been saying all along! THQ is gone people, 2K will not be following their "one foot in the grave, the other foot in the gutter" tried and truly sucked plan for this series. It may not happen for this year's game, but I fully expect that somewhere down the line, they will be offering us TRUE (non-disc) downloadable content.

Wyatt's are unlikely but would be a welcome surprise!

Realistically we will get Fandango, Big E, and Axel, as well as some more Divas (at least as far as the current roster goes)

I think this year they should do themed packs. A hulkamania era pack, new gen era pack, attitude era pack, ruthless aggression era pack and so on.

Can I just ask....why can't people deal with just Bray Wyatt being in the game without his family?..Wyatt went through a few incarnations of his family before debuting on WWE television, what with people getting released here and there over that while of him building the character in FCW. Last time I was actually in Tampa, it was him with Eli Cottonwood and another guy I don't remember. They had to know, very quickly, that this character was gonna make primetime television in the very near future not that long after WWE 13 came out. The only constant in the family was, of course, Bray Wyatt, which is why I'm pretty sure he could very well be DLC.

But I'm almost certain his "family" doesn't have a chance in hell. lol. They weren't "relevant" enough people at the time for the devs to scramble around [post-main roster cutoff date] to make DLC models for instead of waiting for the next game. Whereas, Bray's the key to the whole thing, is an important enough personality, and has been in a recent previous game. All these signs lead to Bray making an appearance. I was watching Bray Wyatt in FCW about the same time I was watching Damien Sandow and Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns and Summer Rae (will probably make a cameo during Fandango *another DLC*'s entrance) and more. They knew a good while back that he'd be debuting on WWE TV eventually, so why on Earth would you think he isn't DLC by himself? I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't know exactly who'd be in his family until just before they debuted him on Raw. lol

Can I just ask....why can't people deal with just Bray Wyatt being in the game without his family?..Wyatt went through a few incarnations of his family before debuting on WWE television, what with people getting released here and there over that while of him building the character in FCW. Last time I was actually in Tampa, it was him with Eli Cottonwood and another guy I don't remember. They had to know, very quickly, that this character was gonna make primetime television in the very near future not that long after WWE 13 came out. The only constant in the family was, of course, Bray Wyatt, which is why I'm pretty sure he could very well be DLC.

But I'm almost certain his "family" doesn't have a chance in hell. lol. They weren't "relevant" enough people at the time for the devs to scramble around [post-main roster cutoff date] to make DLC models for instead of waiting for the next game. Whereas, Bray's the key to the whole thing, is an important enough personality, and has been in a recent previous game. All these signs lead to Bray making an appearance. I was watching Bray Wyatt in FCW about the same time I was watching Damien Sandow and Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns and Summer Rae (will probably make a cameo during Fandango *another DLC*'s entrance) and more. They knew a good while back that he'd be debuting on WWE TV eventually, so why on Earth would you think he isn't DLC by himself? I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't know exactly who'd be in his family until just before they debuted him on Raw. lol

I'd only expect Bray...if that.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I keep hearing people talk about "The family this..." and "The family that..." and "The family better be in!.." and it's like...how can you possibly expect that? You're lucky if Bray's even in, with all the time they had to put him in, and all the time he was really getting over in developmental and being groomed for a main roster spot. But the other guys?...Hm..yeah..lol...

To make it short: 'Cause I want Harper and not bitch ass Wyatt.

So that stuff I saw on the internet about Dean Malenko being in one DLC pack and Randy Savage being in another, somebody just made that up? When I saw that I assumed you could only use Savage in his WrestleMania Mode matches until he came out as DLC (the thing I read had him not being available until January). Which would've sucked ass, so that's a relief it that wasn't true.

So that stuff I saw on the internet about Dean Malenko being in one DLC pack and Randy Savage being in another, somebody just made that up? When I saw that I assumed you could only use Savage in his WrestleMania Mode matches until he came out as DLC (the thing I read had him not being available until January). Which would've sucked ass, so that's a relief it that wasn't true.

Welcome to the Internet.

I will be your guide

Just had a thought but would anyone buy additional DLC that just included preset entrances, entrance music and titantrons of people who aren't included in the game and a part of the regular DLC?

For example if Diamond Dallas Page's entrance from WWE 13 isn't carried over as preset entrance this year, you could just download it to give your DDP caw an authentic feel

^

If CAW models were greatly improved then yes I would pay for that kind of stuff... I'd feel ripped off but I'm a bit of a mug for making them as authentic as possible

That said, I'd much prefer an import feature for videos and png format images. I know it won't happen and people will hide behind the copyright wall but it would be really useful to me at least.

My purchase on this years installment is pretty much hanging on the DLC at this point.

Just had a thought but would anyone buy additional DLC that just included preset entrances, entrance music and titantrons of people who aren't included in the game and a part of the regular DLC?

For example if Diamond Dallas Page's entrance from WWE 13 isn't carried over as preset entrance this year, you could just download it to give your DDP caw an authentic feel

Even if it was just titantrons of 50 Legends and they wernt in the game yes I would buy.

Even if it was just titantrons of 50 Legends and they wernt in the game yes I would buy.

I'm probably way off, but are you a fan of oldschool wrestling?

What I always wished they would do is just have a huge number of additional wrestlers available through DLC, WWE from the Golden Era to more recent, plus WCW, ECW, and old territories whose video libraries are owned by WWE, like World Class, AWA, Jim Crockett promotions, etc. And people can download the ones they want only. I know that doesn't mean much to the younger folks here probably, but think of it as the same as sports games where you have Babe Ruth, or Walter Payton, or Muhammad Ali available as DLC. You don't have to download them, but they're available for whoever wants them. Maybe it wouldn't be practical with the current consoles, or maybe its just a stupid idea I had, wouldn't be the first time...today...

What I always wished they would do is just have a huge number of additional wrestlers available through DLC, WWE from the Golden Era to more recent, plus WCW, ECW, and old territories whose video libraries are owned by WWE, like World Class, AWA, Jim Crockett promotions, etc. And people can download the ones they want only. I know that doesn't mean much to the younger folks here probably, but think of it as the same as sports games where you have Babe Ruth, or Walter Payton, or Muhammad Ali available as DLC. You don't have to download them, but they're available for whoever wants them. Maybe it wouldn't be practical with the current consoles, or maybe its just a stupid idea I had, wouldn't be the first time...today...

That sounds easier than it's done

Archived