The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad that Chris is gone...what a shitty character from start to finish.

I have to say, I'm surprised that they never did a massive turnaround with him, and put him back on the good side. But, good riddance. That entire group of kids was dumb. They all got what they had coming.

What surprised me was how quickly they disposed of him. I didn't expect them to kill him this soon. I thought the writers were going to send him off for while and have him return in a later season.

Agree with both of you here.

Also, is this the first time a character from either FEAR or TWD had died in a flashback?

I'm surprised people still watch Fear.

I watch it because I hate myself. :(

Even though I rag on it a lot, parts of it is still watchable. Plus, the show provides a nice continual lesson of what-not-to-do in screenwriting.

They need to clean house next season, though. The series desperately needs a new show runner and writing staff.

Agree with both of you here.

Also, is this the first time a character from either FEAR or TWD had died in a flashback?

I can't recall any, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was since it was so radical and odd. It wasn't an ordinary flashback, it was this imagined flashback of an event that Travis never saw firsthand. He took what he was told and, in his mind, twisted it in a form that he thought was more believable. What a peculiar way to show someone's death. I thought it was fantastic.

Its crazy how attached I am to that group of people

The last scene of last season actually made me feel sick and that scene above instantly brought back that feeling, so cool to be go engaged in a show like that

Andrew Lincoln is a phenomenal actor and it's a shame he's never really had any love at the Emmy's. There are a couple actors on this show who deserve some sort of recognition. Not many actors have had to pull off an arc like Rick's going to the extremes of the human psyche. Melissa McBride (Carol) and Lennie James (Morgan) are two of the others who I feel like have had the best range on TWD.

Morgan too, we just haven't seen it all like we have with Carol and Rick. The whole "all life is precious" whilst looking clean on the outside, we've seen that Morgan struggles to keep that intact and has broken down a lot. And considering how we saw him in season 3 and the flashback episode in season 6, he was gone. I think the one thing Carol and Morgan have over Rick is that they have both lost their children whilst Rick hasn't. All three of them have lost their wife/husband, but Carl and Judith are both still alive. You could argue their kids dying free's them of a certain burden? Idk, there might be something there.

Also, been watching the trailers and clips. I am totally ready for this show to become more comic-booky. Especially with The Kingdom and assumingly the way Negan is (if they don't tone it down too much.) It might be a nice change of style and pace for this show.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah haha I'm kind of anxious. Kinda silly really to get anxious over a TV show that has been inconsistent in terms of quality, but it's been 7 years of my life that I've invested myself into these people.

Both well done and screw you AMC!

Yay! We get to see something that should have been revealed six months ago!

Joking aside, I'm looking forward to the death. I hope it's brutal.

While I agree with you, how much more intrigued are you about what's happening than previous years? I remember I was much more excited about watching them get out of Terminus in the beginning of season 5 than I was at the beginning of any other season.

I'm about where I was in previous years (the one exception being the season 4 premiere which I was not excited for at all). I'm curious to see who the victim is and whatnot but my level of excitement hasn't changed much. I'm excited but not substantially so. I just want to get past this whole guessing game.

Archived