The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great episode. Pulled the show out of the slump that it's been in.

And I'll never know why people bitch about cliff hangers. Nobody would have been even a fraction as invested in this episode if they didn't leave us with the cliff hanger last season. Also thought it was great how they kept throwing curveballs even after some things happened...

Like...someone asked why it was necessary to kill Glenn in addition to Abraham. I thought it was quite obviously done to show how unpredictable Negan is. They baited that segment along to make it look like Daryl would die for stepping out of line, then they took out Glenn instead. I loved the whole episode from start to finish. I think people might be more critical of Walking Dead than any other show on television. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Whoa, slump? No way. The second half of season six was pure greatness.

I'm sure there were people that were annoyed by the cliffhanger for being a cliffhanger but speaking for myself (and others like me), the cliffhanger was problematic because it was a mood killer. I had this fear they wouldn't be able to recapture that dreadful feeling I had while watching the finale for the first time and that fear...

turned out to be correct.... That dread that was built during the finale was totally gone. And some how they flubbed up even more than I expected by constructing the episode the way they did. It blows my mind that they didn't get to the deaths until around the 20 minute mark. Up until that point we were supposed to feel for Rick and be in his mindset. But for me I was too antsy about the deaths and couldn't identify with Rick. I was too out of it.

Regarding the double death, I have mixed thoughts. On one hand it felt like they were trying to out do themselves by having two deaths instead of one but at the same time I like how it played out with Daryl being an idiot and getting Glenn killed.

The deaths themselves.... Boy, I was disappointed. It terms of explicitness, they were underwhelming. Too many cutaways and not enough focus on the victim, especially Abe's. But hey, at least Glenn's eye popped out.

Unfortunately I was spoiled beforehand and who it would be, but I'll be damned if i didn't react in the same way.

I had read that both Abe and Glenn died in the first episode, but I sceptical so it was still quite a big shock. Really tense episode, I loved the visuals of the dawn mist.

Well shit, guess I'm gonna have to tune in next Monday!

YOOOOO

"Oh shit it's Abraham huh, well shit. Glenn's safe."

"LOL SIKE"

I blame Daryl

Did they show how Rick got the axe the first time? If so I must've missed it

Do you mean how he got it off the roof? Negan through it up there and Rick fought his way to get it.

Heck of an episode that not only made Negan a "Bad Guy" but showed him as truly evil. He showed he can hurt people physically by killing Glenn and Abraham. But also hurt people mentally like forcing Rick to almost cut off Carls arm, and making Rick fetch his axe in the middle of a walker infested fog.

I'm sure some people will still think Negan is "cool". But I think some of those people, after this episode, might now hate him.

It was a great episode. Very emotional and real.

It wasn't spoiled for me. You only really find these kind of spoilers if you go out looking for them.

Not true. I never sought out spoilers. I avoid the spoiler communitiy and I was still spoiled. AMC/crew failed at keeping the secrecy. No excuses. They could have done a better job. It's possible.

Holy crap, that was brutal as shit. The last season or 2 of TWD has been pretty shit imo, and I felt myself not enjoying it like I used to, but if that 1 episode is any indication of what's the come, then I'm more than happy. Feels like TWD I enjoyed to begin with, and

they didn't do their usual of killing the newest guy no one cares about, as I expected the gay dude to be offed and no one give a shit

Also thought they were going full blown comic with Rick begging to take his arm instead.

Holy crap, that was brutal as shit. The last season or 2 of TWD has been pretty shit imo, and I felt myself not enjoying it like I used to, but if that 1 episode is any indication of what's the come, then I'm more than happy. Feels like TWD I enjoyed to begin with, and

they didn't do their usual of killing the newest guy no one cares about, as I expected the gay dude to be offed and no one give a shit

Also thought they were going full blown comic with Rick begging to take his arm instead.

Am I the only one who was hoping it would be Eugene? I never liked him or his stupid mullet.

I was saying RIP the only Asian in TWD, but I remembered Maggie still has her unborn baby.

Unfortunately I was spoiled beforehand and who it would be, but I'll be damned if i didn't react in the same way.

I had read that both Abe and Glenn died in the first episode, but I sceptical so it was still quite a big shock. Really tense episode, I loved the visuals of the dawn mist.

Well shit, guess I'm gonna have to tune in next Monday!

YOOOOO

"Oh shit it's Abraham huh, well shit. Glenn's safe."

"LOL SIKE"

I blame Daryl

Did they show how Rick got the axe the first time? If so I must've missed it

Do you mean how he got it off the roof? Negan through it up there and Rick fought his way to get it.

ohhh, looked to me like he just threw it straight out the VR

God, that was a *censored*ing brutal episode.

I was so caught off guard when Negan swung at Glenn. Guess that lucky rabbit's foot finally decomposed.

I was saying RIP the only Asian in TWD, but I remembered Maggie still has her unborn baby.

She'll be lucky if have that baby. I swear she's in the middle of a miscarriage.

Regarding Maggie's baby:

There is no way Maggie is still pregnant. Not only because I'm familiar with the comic and her arc going forward, but she was in serious trouble with the pregnancy in the season 6 finale, so much so that she was nearly dead. It was kinda stupid that she seemed a lot better at the end of this episode considering all the trauma she went through that night. A lot of people think the baby is going to turn inside her, but she had no noticeable bump and hadnt been pregnant for long, there is no way that thing is formed enough to turn. I think Maggie, literally having lost all of her family is going to become the ultimate badass.

Archived