The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

So, anyone still watching FTWD?

Yup...and the characters continue to be unreasonably stupid. :lol: I think the most interesting character at this point is actually Madison...which is a pretty big 180 from the first season.

Man, when she and Strand were drunk and obnoxious a couple episodes back... Ugh.

The only plot line I'm genuinely digging right now is Travis and Chris'. Even though Chris is a little shit and is absurdly sociopathic, I'm totally loving the dynamic between him and his father. I really hope the writers don't screw this up like they have with Nick's story.

I was willing to let the "drunk scene" pass with the reasoning being that we, as viewers, still know more about the walkers at this point in FTWD than the characters do. We know from the main show that they're attracted to noise and that they form herds. The characters are still only learning all of this. To them, it might have been obvious that the walkers operate based on smell...but maybe they're still learning about their hearing capabilities. And they may have thought that one or two could pop up...but not an entire herd. Yeah...that's my reasoning for not being completely pissed at that scene.

But they were still being dumb as hell. Especially Strand, who should know better. But I also think that was part of the intention...to show that even someone with shit as orchestrated as Strand can eventually reach a point where they say "screw it...it's hopeless". Also, I think the whole thing with Strand hitting on Madison was part of that "screw it" mentality as well. Because we know the dude had a gay lover...and I guess he could be bi...but it seemed more like he was hitting on Madison anyway (as a gay dude)...simply because there was no real point to anything. Seemed like him saying "nothing really matters anymore".

They know what attracts zombies, so I'm not giving them that pass. They were simply being careless because they were drunk. And the reason they were drunk was because they were under distress and they're human and blah blah blah. It was still annoying, though. I feel like the writers could have came up with a better way to get zombies there without making the characters look extremely obnoxious and idiotic. Dumb, lazy writing much like Nick and Luciana hooking up so they can establish an emotional connection.

What do you think about the whole Ofelia thing?

So...Madison went full retard last night with the hotel lights. And Strand, answering the door like he expected the goddamn mailman to be standing there.

I am incredibly excited to be seeing The Kingdom in season 7. It's gonna be nuts

For some reason, I thought you meant the wrestling stable. I was like..."that's an odd cameo". :lol:

I think Madison being stupid makes sense...because she's playing the overly protective mother part very well. You know...mothers can be like that...so worried about protecting their kids that they let common sense go out the window. Translates about as annoyingly on television as it does when an overly protective mother does it in real life. :lol:

The premise isn't bad. I like how her maternal instinct kicked in for a son who doesn't really give a shit about her and l like how this story parallels the Travis/Chris one. My problem is that her recklessness was a tad extreme or at least the way it was depicted. It's as if she has no semblance of intelligence. Her little stunt at the grocery store, especially, was way too ridiculous for me.

I haven't seen that but I did see something else which I'm not thrilled about. It's not a major thing but I'll put it in spoiler tags just to be safe.

Ezekiel and Shiva. Certain things don't translate well from comic book to screen and I feel like this will be one of them based on first impressions.

I haven't seen that but I did see something else which I'm not thrilled about. It's not a major thing but I'll put it in spoiler tags just to be safe.

Ezekiel and Shiva. Certain things don't translate well from comic book to screen and I feel like this will be one of them based on first impressions.

Those two are in the trailer so I dont think theyre spoilers. I guess we don't know their names, but we do see them in the trailer. Theyve said TWD is about to get a Mad Max vibe and I think those two are probably at the forefront of that.

I'm so glad that Chris is gone...what a shitty character from start to finish.

I have to say, I'm surprised that they never did a massive turnaround with him, and put him back on the good side. But, good riddance. That entire group of kids was dumb. They all got what they had coming.

I'm so glad that Chris is gone...what a shitty character from start to finish.

I have to say, I'm surprised that they never did a massive turnaround with him, and put him back on the good side. But, good riddance. That entire group of kids was dumb. They all got what they had coming.

What surprised me was how quickly they disposed of him. I didn't expect them to kill him this soon. I thought the writers were going to send him off for while and have him return in a later season.

Archived