The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most people hate how the episode was. I understand what they were going for. Showing how terrifying Negan can be. Him and the Saviors (Trevor!) How Rick thought this was gonna be easy and go his way. Showing the consequences of Rick's actions

Most people hate how the episode was. I understand what they were going for. Showing how terrifying Negan can be. Him and the Saviors (Trevor!) How Rick thought this was gonna be easy and go his way. Showing the consequences of Rick's actions

YESSSS

The whole episode worked for me except the ending (which was a massive misfire). The suspenseful build-up to Negan's grand introduction was incredibly intense and unnerving. The group's inability to escape the Saviors was pulled off extremely well I thought. I completely felt their terror and confusion.

I'm also glad they gave Steven Ogg a nice and meaty role. Looking forward to seeing him next season.

Holy shit I forgot about him! Was very happy to see Ogg on screen. You can certainly see the Trevor in him. I look forward to seeing him next season I hope he isn't just a one-time appearance guy.

The way he waved at Rick them as they backed off in the RV did come off Trevor-like lol.

Willing to bet it was Abraham that got killed. Although all signs lead to it being Eugene, given his diligence to the group in this episode (which has the tendency of leading to that person's imminent demise)...but I still got the impression that it was Abraham with how Negan said "taken it like a champ". He is the only one that seemed not phased or frighten.

Didn't find Negan as scary as I did intimidating. Just the fact he can do an say whutever the *Censored* he pleases is something we ain't seen yet.

I believe thats kinda the point. He's intimidating and supposed to keep you on edge. They can't quite do with him what Robert Kirkman did with him in the comics so they're sort of tweaking it in their own way. I like it.

The costume designer really nailed Negan's outfit.

I really only see two options for who Negan picked. Glenn or Daryl, both would really solidify (even more so) that Negan is not to be trifled with. Personally, I hope its Daryl.

I think it was Maggie. Multiple reasons. One...he wants workers. Maggie is sick and weak...she might die anyway. But that's not the point, because killing her himself shows that he's not messing around. Two...killing Maggie makes him the most ruthless son of a bitch imaginable. Three...he already saw the reaction between Glenn and Maggie, and I doubt he would make a decision that doesn't utilize that. Four...he says "you took that like a champ" or whatever. It was a specifically gender neutral statement. I'd say the only person we know it isn't for sure is Carl...because of the comment he made about cutting his eye out. I also doubt it's one of the lesser characters like Abraham or Eugene or the gay guy (forget his name)...because it doesn't feel like it would be impactful enough for the start of the next season. It needs to be someone really well established. I'm about 50/50 between Maggie and Daryl. It doesn't help knowing that Norman Reedus has a new show coming in the future. But that could be a swerve. Probably is. It could be Michonne...but I doubt it. Then again, she did sleep with Rick...and we know how that goes.

I think it was Maggie. Multiple reasons. One...he wants workers. Maggie is sick and weak...she might die anyway. But that's not the point, because killing her himself shows that he's not messing around. Two...killing Maggie makes him the most ruthless son of a bitch imaginable. Three...he already saw the reaction between Glenn and Maggie, and I doubt he would make a decision that doesn't utilize that. Four...he says "you took that like a champ" or whatever. It was a specifically gender neutral statement. I'd say the only person we know it isn't for sure is Carl...because of the comment he made about cutting his eye out. I also doubt it's one of the lesser characters like Abraham or Eugene or the gay guy (forget his name)...because it doesn't feel like it would be impactful enough for the start of the next season. It needs to be someone really well established. I'm about 50/50 between Maggie and Daryl. It doesn't help knowing that Norman Reedus has a new show coming in the future. But that could be a swerve. Probably is. It could be Michonne...but I doubt it. Then again, she did sleep with Rick...and we know how that goes.

Reedus' new show doesn't really mean that. Thats just something he can do when they're not filming TWD.

Yeah, sure...it doesn't have to mean that. But...they knew how people would react to it.

Which is a perfect play to keep their fans on edge and keened in for the next season. They most definitely knew how people would react. Marketing 101.

The whole episode worked for me except the ending (which was a massive misfire). The suspenseful build-up to Negan's grand introduction was incredibly intense and unnerving. The group's inability to escape the Saviors was pulled off extremely well I thought. I completely felt their terror and confusion.

I'm also glad they gave Steven Ogg a nice and meaty role. Looking forward to seeing him next season.

Exactly. I was legitimately fearing the situation. There was no way (Carol wasn't doing shit this time around) they were all getting out of that unscathed. Between Rick's face, Maggie's pain and the rest of the group's emotions just pouring through the screen; the goosebumps I had was credited to good tv.. and then the final minute just let the air out of that entire scene.

Archived