Dean Ambrose out for up to EIGHT months.

MikeM

As noted, Dean Ambrose underwent surgery last week in Alabama to repair a right biceps injury. We later noted that WWE officials were hoping Ambrose would be back in the ring within 2-4 months but it was announced on RAW tonight that Ambrose may be out of action for up to 9 months, meaning he will likely miss WrestleMania 34.

Below is WWE's latest update on Ambrose's status:

Dean Ambrose injury will keep him out approximately nine months

Following Dean Ambroses successful surgery last Tuesday night to repair a high-grade triceps tendon injury, Michael Cole took a moment during the Dec. 25 episode of Raw to confirm that The Lunatic Fringe will be out of action for approximately nine months.

Ambroses successful procedure was performed by Dr. Jeffrey Dugas in Birmingham, Ala., and took around 40 minutes.

He tore some of the distal triceps tendon where it attaches to the forearm bone, called the olecranon, Dr. Dugas told WWE.com. He basically tore about 50 percent of the triceps tendon away from the bone. So yesterday we repaired that back down to the bone where it tore off of. The surgery was very straightforward; we removed all of the extra bursal tissue all of that extra swollen stuff around his elbow.

Dugas added that Ambrose has begun physical therapy, starting with light range-of-motion exercises.

Source LOP

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully he can recover as quick as he can and come back as he'll be missing out on a lot including WrestleMania. 9 months would be almost a whole year but eh, I'm thinking it'll be more like 5-7 months

Honestly though I have to say that..I won't actually miss him. He's always been just alright to me and don't mind him in matches but don't really care if he's not on the card.

Selfishly, I'm just glad it wasn't Rollins again

I don't want to hate Ambrose...but I pretty much always have.

They should just drop his current persona entirely when he comes back, and let him be a true hardcore guy. The whole "I'm going to act crazy while essentially just being a normal guy" shtick is some tired shit...and the Shield ain't doing him any favors. Reincarnate Ambrose as the modern day Sandman.

I'd just rather him go back to his previous shtick before he debuted w/ The Shield. Even during the majority of the time he was in The Shield, he always showed some signs of being unstable, but it wasn't as apparent as it is now - and now, it just feels forced. I've always wondered how much better Ambrose's character would be if he went through NXT first.

Above anything else, he should turn heel.

doubt he will be a hardcore guy on the current programming. Would it be cool? I don't see why not.

The thing with him right now that bothers me the most isn't actually that over top annyoning stuff everyone hates for a while now. It's that he is just a flat gimmick with no character. Yet they want to present him like he has character. Like, Cesaro, they present him as a human with super strenght that just competes. That's fine, since he more than entertains his fans with his work in the ring. There is no pretension about him. They want to build Ambrose as a character yet they don't write it.

I think Ambroses runs as a champ got overlooked. His battles with KO for the IC title fit him very well. I mean sure it was nothing special, but it had some kind of direction. And as WWE champ, especially on SD was easily his best work since the first feud with Rollins. Again, he had some direction at least, and a good writting team on SD. His promos as the champ on RAW and SD were all pretty good and enjoyable.

I know a lot of people don't like he doesn't care anymore, but I can understand him. Good paycheck, very good acomplishments, but I think he has proven that he can be entertaining with a good material. Some can also make a shit material look good, but I guess that doesn't fit him and his style I guess.

Give all parties some time off, and make a fresh start. There is still potential.

I wonder if Renee will take time off to be with him, man that really sucks for them.

I hope they have big plans for his return, maybe this can be his "Edge" moment and kickstart him as a serious Main Eventer. Personally I don't think he ever recovered from being squashed by Brock at Mania.

No because one of them has to earn money to live.

Ummm, Im pretty sure theyre on salary...

And people on salary can't just take time off when they feel like it.

Never said they couldnt, but salary means youre paid whether youre at work or not.

Archived