WWE Signs Lio Rush

Guest Fight Me.

Guest Fight Me.

7d3z3gf.jpg

WWE has announced a blockbuster signing in the form of 22-year-old prodigy Lio Rush.

Internationally recognized as one of the rings top high-flyers, Rush officially joined the WWE Performance Center today in Orlando, Fla.

Born Lionel Gerard Green, of Lanham, Md., Rush wrestled in high school, becoming a two-time All-American and three-time state qualifier. He began training for sports-entertainment in 2014 and, in less than three years, has competed in 43 states, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Germany and Ireland. In 2016, he won Ring of Honors Top Prospect Tournament, and earlier this year, he held the Combat Zone Wrestling Heavyweight Championship.

The 160-pounder quickly became a fan favorite on the independent scene for his daredevil creativity and unbelievable resiliency, as well as his Dragons Call finisher, a devastating frog splash that recalls DLo Browns split-leg variation. In joining the WWE PC, Rush reunites with a former tag team partner, current NXT Superstar The Velveteen Dream, with whom Rush co-held the Maryland Championship Wrestling Tag Team Titles in 2015.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/article/wwe-signs-lio-rush

Let's GO!!!!!! Been waiting so long for this! But I'm scared at how he'll eventually be booked and misused.

I don't mean this negatively, or to sound mean in any way, but he has been a singles wrestler for less than two years. How does that qualify as "so long." Especially since he's still new to the business.

Let's GO!!!!!! Been waiting so long for this! But I'm scared at how he'll eventually be booked and misused.

I don't mean this negatively, or to sound mean in any way, but he has been a singles wrestler for less than two years. How does that qualify as "so long." Especially since he's still new to the business.
He's actually been wrestling for close to 3 years. He's from where I'm from. I've seen him do small shows here in Maryland. Met him a few times as well. So when I say "so long" it's a form of someone I've met and someone from my homeplace that's making it to the big time. I've also thought of several matches I've wanted to see him work. Does that answer your question?

He's actually been wrestling for close to 3 years. He's from where I'm from. I've seen him do small shows here in Maryland. Met him a few times as well. So when I say "so long" it's a form of someone I've met and someone from my homeplace that's making it to the big time. I've also thought of several matches I've wanted to see him work. Does that answer your question?

It does!

It does!
Also thanks for asking that in a respectful way. I appreciate that.

Well just enjoy his time in NXT, and worry about it when Vince sees him.

Was that table spot no sell, a planned thing between the two wrestlers and promotion bookers or is that something he just decided to and pull an ultimate warrior?

He's usually a decent seller but that spot was a HUGE wrestling taboo. So I just hope he doesn't try that stunt at an NXT Takeover or something

Was that table spot no sell, a planned thing between the two wrestlers and promotion bookers or is that something he just decided to and pull an ultimate warrior?

He's usually a decent seller but that spot was a HUGE wrestling taboo. So I just hope he doesn't try that stunt at an NXT Takeover or something

Jim Cornette gave him hell for that spot

Archived