wrestling....fake (how do you feel)

SryBoutYoDmnLuc

I as a long time fan know and understand that to an extent wrestling is fake as well as scripted but 9 times outta 10 ten the injuries are real. I was speaking to another wrestling fan that I know about Cena's ankle injury after the Wyatt attack Monday Night and someone I know proceeded to tell me that wrestling was fake. I told them that it may be fake but their injuries are real. They went on to tell me that if they get hurt it's because they don't know how to do their stunts correctly. After the clear ignorance was shown I didn't bother to correct them in the foolishness that came out of their mouth. I personally felt offended because I hate being told things that I already know and as a fan who's been watching for over 10 years I know by now that wrestling is fake and I hate when people tell me that. In my humble opinion I don't think that people who don't watch wrestling should tell someone who does watch that wrestling is fake because either the person is old enough to know that or they are just a kid who wants to enjoy people fighting.

how do you guys feel when someone tells you that wrestling is fake.?!

*sidenote* I don't usually get bothered when people tell me it's fake but when the person i know basically called them glorified stunt men it really pissed me off.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been stated in many documentaries that the only thing scripted are big spots during matches, the rest of the match is made up on the go. People think that because you enjoy wrestling you believe in everything that happens. It is the same as me telling a die-hard walking dead fan that the show is fake. He knows, he watches it for the entertainment. Why the hell cant we?

My brother even said the other day that Angle winning his gold medal was fake :L

I don't condone violence but I also don't condone stupidity so hit him everytime he says that. :laugh:

But still everytime someone says wrestling is fake I tell them look at the countless serious injuries & deaths that have happened in wrestling.

I think he's an idiot, I think that he can't just sit down and enjoy something, I don't get how he can enjoy a movie and talk down on professional wrestling since it's the same thing. Basically, my reply to this kind of stupidity is, "it's in the name. World Wrestling Entertainment." The name itself implies that it's scripted, but he clearly knows nothing of what goes on in the ring. He probably also thinks the tables are cracked in the middle and not what they really are, compressed saw dust which is easy to break. He also likely doesn't know that the chairs basically soda cans either. He's an idiot and basically, I would tell him straight that straight to his face.

I don't really care.

As for people who say it to me, I just tell them it's predetermined and they still do the moves and then do the 'movies are fake but you like them' retort. One dude once said 'Yeah but movies are good' so I just said that's a matter of opinion.

They just want to be the one to spoil it for you even though everyone knows anyway.

Archived