WWE 2K22 Confirmed Information Thread (FULL ROSTER REVEALED)

Ernez

Unfortunately I have to agree with some people from before this video came out, it worries me a great deal that we didn't see any non-lock up non-combo grapples. Having to lock up before every grapple move is not something I think is great for a simulation game; it doesn't happen in matches and while the gameplay looked smooth I really think that might be a major mistake.

Springboards looked good though I did notice we didn't see any running inside springboards or outside springboards preceeded by someone hitting the opposite rope first, which were major problems in 2K19 and 20.

I also am just a liiiitle bit worried about the new camera angle, there were a couple moments in the video where it seemed like it could get a bit hard to tell what was going on when Damian Priest was in front of Mysterio.

Also seriously, *Censored* button mashing.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished watching the video and man.... am I ever disappointed.

The camera is TERRIBLE. It didn't need to be changed. They boast about TV presentation and they did a good job with the cinematic angles when moves are performed but the default camera angle is trash.

The combo inputs sound terrible. "Button Mashing is back" YIKES! 

The thing I suspected when the Hitlist trailer dropped is true.... no more smooth lunge animations for Grapples, now we have the old cliche tie up animation and THEN you can perform a grapple move. HUGE leap backwards. Look how bad it looks when Priest grapples Rey from behind and then does that Head Crush move.... that delay so the animation can start.... ugh. Destroys the flow for sure.

The controls in general are bad.

Rey did a Spanish Fly reversal multiple times. (Sasha does one in the Booyaka Trailer too). Looks like that's something Cruiserweights are going to be doing left and right.

Honestly that settles it. This is the first game in the series I won't be picking up. I shouldn't have bothered with 2K20 either but I thought it would've at least been patched to 2K19's level so I gave it a chance. 

Only nice things were the graphics/models. Kane '08 and Undertaker '99 look incredible as well as the arenas, but that means nothing if the fundamentals of the gameplay are like a Fighting Game instead of a Simulation Wrestling Game.

If they make something that feels like the sequel to 2K19 I'll be back on board. But this ain't it.

1 minute ago, A N T I - said:

So you think everyone is gonna have 100 Stamina when fully rested?

That’s how it was in the old games, once you start putting a superstar through matches, they’ll start to wear down but once you rested them up. Their stamina goes back up a little bit each time you do it. But I’m simply referring to stamina in matches. Unless it’s tied to a superstars health now and doesn’t have its own bar which is cool and makes sense. But if they simply took it out for no real reason then what the hell? It’s been in the games since SVR 2006. 

22 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

7-B15-E2-E0-DE4-A-451-A-9-B24-926355-ACE
It’s the draft so I think that’s just where his stamina is at, so I wonder what role it plays but it does play a role.

oh yeah that looks more like an attribute especially if “POP” next to it is for popularity.

i hope in-match stamina isn’t gone but i feel like they would definitely mention something if it was there.

I dunno. To me it just seems like some additions were good ideas and some ideas should've been put into an arcade-based game. especially since while I think combos are a great idea for strike based wrestlers, technicians and powerhouses its going to be a bit.. weird, for.

At the end of the day, for me personally, I play these games to simulate my own wrestling company. I rarely touch the in-game wrestlers once my CAWs are made, and I try to make it as true to watching a match as possible, so features that are particularly arcadey just go against what I am looking for in the game.

2 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Lot of nitpicking and living in the past for my taste tbh. I’m gonna enjoy this game because the gameplay got the drastic overhaul it needed. That being said I do hate that the devs went back to the past of having to grapple before doing moves. In the end though, I’ll adapt.

Same for me and it's going to get so much worse but people have very valid reasons to complain though. I completely get it!

I'm just someone that prefers being positive than dwelling on the bad. If I find something I don't like then I move onto stuff I do and worry about the ugly shit later on. It's getting annoying already I'm here but now I get jt 

if they’re gonna plant the “this is a simulation” flag then there are objectively things that fit and don’t fit within that mold, and if there are simulation aspects seemingly missing then that’s a cause for concern and they should address that concern

the last game we got was almost 3 years ago, 4 for the people who skipped 2K20 entirely, so yeah information is a lot more crucial than it would be during a normal release cycle. some people are just happy to have a new game, others are maybe a bit more cynical because of the assumed extra dev time. both are valid positions

6 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Lot of nitpicking and living in the past for my taste tbh. I’m gonna enjoy this game because the gameplay got the drastic overhaul it needed. That being said I do hate that the devs went back to the past of having to grapple before doing moves. In the end though, I’ll adapt.

It’s not living in the past. That’s how pro wrestling works and it’s supposed to be replicated in a game. Stamina plays a major part in wrestling. If it’s indeed gone, I’ll miss hitting the RKO and not going for the immediate cover because Orton is too tired and has to crawl for the cover. 

Idk the combo system doesn't really sound too bad to me, didn't we have something like that before in previous games?  The camera angle  in the ring isn't really that great but then again I didn't like the previous camera angle either. The two biggest negative for me are the grappling lock up because that ruins the flow of matches and looks dumb in the middle or ending of a match.

4 minutes ago, Siul LXXXV said:

Same for me and it's going to get so much worse but people have very valid reasons to complain though. I completely get it!

I'm just someone that prefers being positive than dwelling on the bad. If I find something I don't like then I move onto stuff I do and worry about the ugly shit later on. It's getting annoying already I'm here but now I get jt 

Yeah. Like everyone is entitled to their opinions and people have every right to dissect every little thing after we all got burned with 2K20. I’m just in the boat of wanting to give Visual Concepts a chance because maybe, just maybe, there’s a better wrestling game that can be made than what Yuke’s was able to produce. We’ll see but I like most of what I’ve seen, barring the slow count.

2 minutes ago, WolfpacPrinxe said:

It’s not living in the past. That’s how pro wrestling works and it’s supposed to be replicated in a game. Stamina plays a major part in wrestling. If it’s indeed gone, I’ll miss hitting the RKO and not going for the immediate cover because Orton is too tired and has to crawl for the cover. 

Best to not take anything Anti says at face value; they're a tad bit pretentious.

6 minutes ago, WolfpacPrinxe said:

Pro wrestling doesn’t involve locking up past the opening of a match, sorry to break it to you. I’m very much against this idea that No Mercy was the end-all, be-all that should be replicated for years to come. Pro wrestling and pro wrestling games have come so far for them to revert back to an ancient grappling system. I never said stamina was gone. You seem to think so and that’s your opinion.

1 minute ago, A N T I - said:

Yeah. Like everyone is entitled to their opinions and people have every right to dissect every little thing after we all got burned with 2K20. I’m just in the boat of wanting to give Visual Concepts a chance because maybe, just maybe, there’s a better wrestling that can be made than Yuke’s was able to produce. We’ll see but I like most of what I’ve seen, barring the slow count.

I'm perfectly happy to give them kudos on the things I have seen that I do like. Running seems way better, springboards look a lot better (and finally appear to be getting new animations), there was no animation in the video that was ridiculously sped up or slowed down, the models look fantastic, hair... Im not entirely sure why they're acting as if its been greatly improved when from what i've seen it hasn't, but i'll take their word on it for now.

But the things that worries me are things I know are a threat to how I enjoy these games. The locking up for every move, the combos not making sense for certain wrestlers, the camera angle seeming a bit overtuned, the slow pin (and button mashing), stamina seemingly missing.

It just seems to me like they wanted to make some kind of arcade-simulation hybrid which would be fine.. but make that a new series, and add new mechanics that focus on the simulation aspect for this series. Thats just me though.

Just now, crazyjk4 said:

I've never really understood having tired finishers being tied to stamina anyways, wouldn't it make more sense to have tied to your health like around the orange  and red level.

There was a bug with stamina in.. either 2K15 or 2K16 that actually made it work perfectly in this regard, in that you could prepare signatures and finishers even without the stamina to use it and it guaranteed a tired finisher if the move had the animation for it. Unfortunately they patched that out... yet somehow most of the other bugs and issues stuck around. Try explaining that one to me..

1 minute ago, Dr. Fumbles said:

Best to not take anything Anti says at face value; they're a tad bit pretentious.

Oh I’m not, I’m simply discussing a topic that caught my eye when viewing the gameplay video. If 2K are going for simulation but leave out key components on how pro wrestling is and works then they are going backwards in terms of what they are saying or going for. 

3 minutes ago, A N T I - said:

Pro wrestling doesn’t involve locking up past the opening of a match, sorry to break it to you. I’m very much against this idea that No Mercy was the end-all, be-all that should be replicated for years to come. Pro wrestling and pro wrestling games have come so far for them to revert back to an ancient grappling system. I never said stamina was gone. You seem to think so and that’s your opinion.

I’m simply talking about stamina in matches. Lock ups should only appear in the opening sequences of matches. I always hated it in HCTP and I preferred SYM over it because of the grappling system. It’s the far superior game. 

1 minute ago, Siul LXXXV said:

There's an option to change back the pin and submission styles, any chance of an option to change back grapples?

I believe there's an option confirmed to change back for pins, we haven't seen any confirmation that submissions have an option to change back. Unfortunately I don't see the same happening for grapples, the gameplay seems too tuned to the new system for that.

• Jeb ★ locked and unpinned this topic

Archived