WWE Women's Division Discussion Thread

AlterNation

Paige confirmed on Twitter that shes had some time off this past week with family in the UK. Shes attending an indie event for her dad today in Ipswich and then will return to the United States for a Wizard World appearance in Minnesota this weekend.

http://www.dailywrestlingnews.com/update-on-paiges-wwe-status-sasha-banks-picks-her-civil-war-side-smackdown/

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the video below, Maryse talks about appearing on season six of WWE Total Divas. She says she was asked to be on the show and couldnt say no but was interested when she thought about it. Maryse says she doesnt let people into her private life with husband WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz, so this will be interesting.

As noted, WWE released Cameron, Santino Marella, Hornswoggle, Alex Riley, El Torito and Zeb Colter today. Its always possible there are other releases announced but there are rumors on Twitter that Summer Rae has been released. Those rumors are not true and apparently the incorrect reports stem from a fake Joey Styles Twitter account.

http://www.dailywrestlingnews.com/wwe-release-rumor-killer-released-star-comments-on-his-future-maryse-talks-total-divas/

Former NXT Champion Sasha Banks spoke to Whatculture recently for a new interview. You can check out highlights below, and the full interview above.

Her goals in WWE:

"In NXT, I thought I achieved all I wanted. Changing women's wrestling, having people respect me, yadda yadda. I want to win the Women's title. I want to wrestle in Japan, I want to be the GM of Raw. One day at a time."

Her Wrestlemania 32 attire:

"I just knew Eddie was such an inspiration to me. He's the reason I wanted to be a wrestler. He was the first match I ever saw, I got instantly hooked. Everything just felt right. I just wanted that girl."

Chyna's passing:

"It's huge, she really changed the game for women and how we're looked at differently. Never did you see a woman like that in WWE until she stepped in there. She was something special, so that news was so sad to hear. She was special."

Her quick ascension:

"I've only been in wrestling six years total. I legit came into WWE thinking I was going to be just another girl who did bra and panties matches, and I was okay with that because I wanted to be in WWE. When we finally got the opportunity to be like 'no, I want to be more than this,' I never wanted to go back to bra and panties matches because I saw that when I was growing up and it hurt me."

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0507/611518/sasha-banks-talks-chyna-passing/

I'm really just at awed that Rosa dodges the pink slip, again. She was booted from Total Divas, her only lifeline for keeping her job. I'm assuming that WWE is just scared of the backlash if they released her or choose not to renew her contract when she just had a baby. My guess is Rosa has job security for another year or so, unless she decides to leave on her own terms.

I'm really just at awed that Rosa dodges the pink slip, again. She was booted from Total Divas, her only lifeline for keeping her job. I'm assuming that WWE is just scared of the backlash if they released her or choose not to renew her contract when she just had a baby. My guess is Rosa has job security for another year or so, unless she decides to leave on her own terms.

She may already have decided not to renew, people can leave WWE by mutual consent.

Hardly jobbing. It was a competitive match in which she lost.

She got about three moves in, and tapped out in 10 seconds. That's jobbing.

She tapped to Nattie though, who's #1 contender so she has to look strong. Plus she's currently feuding with Becky, where Emma got the last win, and on Raw where more eyes are on them. Emma is fine.

Archived