WWE Show Discussion

Jeb ★

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd hate for Neville to win MITB tbh

He's literally the only guy who even deserves it.

Uh.....he's been on the main roster for like, 3 months...chill. Neville will have his time, let him get the IC belt for now.

Ziggler or Kofi are the two most "deserving" IMO

I disagree with Kofi. He still doesn't know how to put on a match in the ring, he's a worse storyteller than Cena. Or I could be outdated in my thoughts because I still can't get over how he no-sold the leg injury on at least two occasions after his comeback. Seems to phone it in too much towards the end.

If he works on that though, works on his match psychology, Kofi could be very good.

I'd hate for Neville to win MITB tbh

He's literally the only guy who even deserves it.

Uh.....he's been on the main roster for like, 3 months...chill. Neville will have his time, let him get the IC belt for now.

Ziggler or Kofi are the two most "deserving" IMO

Doesn't change the fact that he's the only one who deserves it. Everyone else in that match is already established...except for Kofi Kingston, who has shown no real potential and has no real reason to even be included in the match.

And Ziggler...don't even get me started on that dude. He has had more opportunities than anyone, and he always ends up right back in the same place. He's overrated as *Censored*. Dude irritates me, tbh. He already won the money in the bank, and where did it get him? Absolutely nowhere. So why should he win it again? Because he has Lana and a vest now? Dude is painfully boring.

What exactly have been those opportunities? A 5-minute reign and another plagued by injury and ended as soon as he recovered? Or that time they made him end the Authority only to do shit all with him? He's not had a single proper opportunity at the top level. Like, I'm rooting for Neville too, but saying Ziggler has had numerous opportunities is just silly. They've never capitalized on his popularity.

You people act like Bill DeMott is the devil. Yeah, he migh be sexist. Yeah, he might be racist. Yeah, he might be abusive So is or was Vince McMahon or did you forget about what happened in the WWE 20 years ago and less? Bill hasn't evolved, that's his main flaw. Most big names that knew him and knew his work as a coach say he's one of the best, his antics made sense in the WWE 'cause let's be honest, you're bound to get some abuse once you're above developmental, better get used to it from the get-go if you want to make it in this company.

The business is changing and that's good in some aspects but Bill has been an escape goat, really because he represents a lot of things that aren't acceptable anymore but that have been going on in the WWE for ages and probably still happen nowadays.

Hell, Alberto del Rio didn't leave that long ago...

I just think Bill sucks. He was never entertaining as a performer, so I don't quite understand how he could make a good trainer...and his tactics seemed to do nothing more than bring the spirits down. I don't go on rants about the guy or anything like that...I just think he should be forgotten about. He shouldn't even be relevant.

I just think Bill sucks. He was never entertaining as a performer, so I don't quite understand how he could make a good trainer...and his tactics seemed to do nothing more than bring the spirits down. I don't go on rants about the guy or anything like that...I just think he should be forgotten about. He shouldn't even be relevant.

Ehh, really don't understand that logic, that's like Roman Reigns' 'you can't talk bad about me cuz u aint no rassler' or like saying a football manager had to have been a good player.

Ehh, really don't understand that logic, that's like Roman Reigns' 'you can't talk bad about me cuz u aint no rassler' or like saying a football manager had to have been a good player.

Nah...it's not really the same at all. Reigns' theory is that a non-wrestler can't tell him he's a bad wrestler, because they don't know how to wrestle themselves. I'm saying that I don't understand how someone can logically teach other people how to be successful at something that he himself was mediocre at. It's not like Hugh Morris or Bill DeMott are household names. It isn't just my opinion that Bill had a mediocre career...it's basically fact.

And yeah, I understand that someone can fail to make a name for himself and still have the capacity to train others where he failed...but, it's DeMott. I mean...what does that guy really have to offer anyone (aside from bullying them to push themselves)? Anyway, like I said...he shouldn't be relevant, so I'm done talking about him.

What exactly have been those opportunities? A 5-minute reign and another plagued by injury and ended as soon as he recovered? Or that time they made him end the Authority only to do shit all with him? He's not had a single proper opportunity at the top level. Like, I'm rooting for Neville too, but saying Ziggler has had numerous opportunities is just silly. They've never capitalized on his popularity.

They never do.

Cause they have a specific plan that they're gonna go with.....unless the crowd take a steaming dump all over it and then they have to do something to prevent a disaster from happening on TV. But that's all right. Cause they can spin it around and say that it was part of their elaborate plan the whole time.

It isn't them...it's Dolph himself. I don't really understand how people can still argue against that. Dude is so one dimensional, it's really not funny. They give him IC title reigns, they give him the money in the bank, they give him all sorts of opportunities that anyone would count themselves lucky to be given...and he does the same thing every time (cut boring-ass promos about how he's been overlooked for his whole career, and now it's his time to shine, steal the show, etc.)...he's an underdog. That's just who he is. He's one of those guys who flounders on the top. His career is about the chase. Some people are just like that. Dolph is a solid contender...for whatever. But he isn't meant to be a champion.

It isn't them...it's Dolph himself. I don't really understand how people can still argue against that. Dude is so one dimensional, it's really not funny. They give him IC title reigns, they give him the money in the bank, they give him all sorts of opportunities that anyone would count themselves lucky to be given...and he does the same thing every time (cut boring-ass promos about how he's been overlooked for his whole career, and now it's his time to shine, steal the show, etc.)...he's an underdog. That's just who he is. He's one of those guys who flounders on the top. His career is about the chase. Some people are just like that. Dolph is a solid contender...for whatever. But he isn't meant to be a champion.

Ignore my avi, but you talk about opportunities as if Dolph himself is in charge of booking. Dolph has the talent to take whatever they give him and shine with it. His latest IC title run was great. Booking has *censored*ed him in the same way it has *censored*ed Bryan in the past. Bryan has had multiple opportunities, surely you don't think he's undeserving right? He hasn't had a proper chance at the top to "flounder". The closest thing he's gotten to the top is the WHC but Swagger concussed him. Your feelings about him aside, you can't say his shortcomings are all on him.

Look, you don't see it...that's fine...but I do. I'll leave it at that.

Dolph is missing the "it" factor. He really doesn't bring anything to the table to be considered a top-tier guy. I understand why he has the following that he does, and like I said...he's always been a solid contender and he will continue to be a solid contender...but his persona is flat as *Censored*. He hasn't cut it as a top guy any of the past times that he's been in that position, and he probably never will cut it.

He's comparable to Swagger in that sense (and I'm sure everyone around here knows that I love Swagger). I used to be in denial about Swagger too...I would say "he could make it if they'd push him right"...but I've kinda grown to redact that viewpoint. I don't think Swagger is top-material, and I don't think Ziggler is either. Dolph Ziggler actually being the WWE champion sounds like one of the worst things I can imagine, tbh.

The thing with that is though, you'll always think people are better off chasing if they've been doing that for a while and never get a proper breakthrough. It's why Dolph has become an underdog of sorts, but people also want to see the underdog succeed. Sure, it's reasonable to think he'll always be a better challenger than a Champion but that statement can't be completely solidified until he actually gets an opportunity to prove his worth as the champ. He can't base his character around being at the top until she unless they actually give him the ball. And with his popularity and him proving numerous times he can hang with the best of 'em, there's no reason he can't have a legitimate run with the gold.

The thing with that is though, you'll always think people are better off chasing if they've been doing that for a while and never get a proper breakthrough. It's why Dolph has become an underdog of sorts, but people also want to see the underdog succeed. Sure, it's reasonable to think he'll always be a better challenger than a Champion but that statement can't be completely solidified until he actually gets an opportunity to prove his worth as the champ. He can't base his character around being at the top until she unless they actually give him the ball. And with his popularity and him proving numerous times he can hang with the best of 'em, there's no reason he can't have a legitimate run with the gold.

No, not really.

And out of curiosity, what would a "proper" breakthrough for Dolph look like? He wins the WWE championship...tells the audience that he couldn't have done it without them? That he's dreamed of this moment his whole life? That he intends to steal the show every night? That shit bores people.

I don't know, that stuff's not for me to analyze already. I want to see him get a proper run and booked well and see how he'll fare then. And even if so, it quite evidently doesn't bore people. But yeah, there's no point in writing him off already as a future champion. I'm not really a fan of Bryan's mic work but that didn't stop me from wanting him as WWE Champion last year by thinking about that all he's gonna do is cut a similar promo to what you just described.

Dolph should've been in the main event by now there is literally no *censored*ing excuse. Instead he was the mother*censored*er that wrestled every single show against the same damn people so now he doesn't have many fresh opponents in the main event scene so that's why he comes off as boring. He needs fresh feuds at the very least since he's obviously never gunna be considered main eventer. Ziggler vs Owens is something I'd want to see.

Lol, like being one-dimension is something that stops main event pushes. Cena, anyone? Reigns was pushed to the main event without any changes to his character. Yeah, no.

Reigns and Cena both had mass-appeal before they were pushed. Love them or hate them, I remember when people lost their *censored*ing minds about Cena and Reigns. That was the fans. They got their push because of the fans...not the other way around. They may feel forced to us, because we see through them...but they have the casual audience. Dolph doesn't. Dolph is considered an "internet darling" tbh, and even then...not even the "internet fanbase" can agree on whether or not they like him (as proven by this exact debate that we're having right now).

Reigns and Cena are both just terrible.

Yes they are, but that doesn't have much bearing on anything.

Not to mention, Cena and Reigns are both controversial. Dolph Ziggler isn't controversial. Some people say that he should be pushed...and other people say "meh...Dolph Ziggler". There's no ground-shaking split down the middle between lovers and haters.

Archived