Some Custom Music News for 2K16 and future games

nystyle

I had emailed 2K asking about the ability to add custom soundtracks to upcoming games, but they echoed the same thing the NBA 2K guy said recently:

"...the developers have been unable to find a way to work this feature with the way Sony and Microsoft currently utilize the ability to play music files on their respective console.**

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had emailed 2K asking about the ability to add custom soundtracks to upcoming games, but they echoed the same thing the NBA 2K guy said recently:

"...the developers have been unable to find a way to work this feature with the way Sony and Microsoft currently utilize the ability to play music files on their respective console.**

The email also had WWE 2K14 online server news. Go to the WWE 2K14 section for that.

some Q+A I read online about a month ago with a developer was asked about custom music in their games. The gist of it was Sony has made it very difficult for developers to use mp3's in their games because it has some kind of function where it will play OVER a game and not through it. I'm not tech savvy so I am not sure exactly what that means, but apparently the way PS3 was made it very easy to allow tracks to play from the game itself while PS4, even with the update, seems to have done whatever they could to prevent it.

Didn't mention Xbox's reasons though.

I'm not surprised at all. I expected this because of the shitty way that Sony implemented music on the PS4 (don't have Xbox; I guess it's the same). This is why we NEED the ability to save mp3s to the hard drive. The people who don't play wrestling games don't understand, though. I tried explaining to people on GameFAQs.

No excuse for last gen, though.

that's bs.. if you can import music on sharefactory a simple app for editing videos i don't see the problem. and i mean you can import from the usb into the sharefactory app and once it's on there, it's on there. it does have a file limit but still. that's better than nothing. As i've suspected as long as the beloved capture hardware is part of these consoles, we may never see custom tracks ever again.

some Q+A I read online about a month ago with a developer was asked about custom music in their games. The gist of it was Sony has made it very difficult for developers to use mp3's in their games because it has some kind of function where it will play OVER a game and not through it. I'm not tech savvy so I am not sure exactly what that means, but apparently the way PS3 was made it very easy to allow tracks to play from the game itself while PS4, even with the update, seems to have done whatever they could to prevent it.

that's not entirely true either, i've played custom music thru the usb thing on ps4 for entrances and i still hear the crowd, roberts and lawler/cole's commentary. so i really don't get that answer at all lol

that's bs.. if you can import music on sharefactory a simple app for editing videos i don't see the problem. and i mean you can import from the usb into the sharefactory app and once it's on there, it's on there. it does have a file limit but still. that's better than nothing. As i've suspected as long as the beloved capture hardware is part of these consoles, we may never see custom tracks ever again.

that's not entirely true either, i've played custom music thru the usb thing on ps4 for entrances and i still hear the crowd, roberts and lawler/cole's commentary. so i really don't get that answer at all lol

Sorry I said it wrong. You played it over the game, but you had to and manually start and stop it on your own, right? Basically the developer meant that the music can't be played "over", by which I meant "by", the game. With ps3 games could start and stop music, but in order to do that now the user has to di it manually. This is preventing them from being able to implement it.

If that is the case i hope 2K let us use the soundtrack songs for themes as well. That way we can be a little more original then the generic music they had on there.

Exactly, they should add different themes based on gimmicks. And not just one pop theme, one r&b etc. I'm guessing they will add some original theme if they are not able to figure out some way to add custom themes

Sorry I said it wrong. You played it over the game, but you had to and manually start and stop it on your own, right? Basically the developer meant that the music can't be played "over", by which I meant "by", the game. With ps3 games could start and stop music, but in order to do that now the user has to di it manually. This is preventing them from being able to implement it.

yeah pretty much what you said lol

This means that Sting is stuck with that shitty WWE theme, unless the Monday Night Wars thing is true.

oh god i hope not lol

So basically 2K16 may just be another game where we cannot use custom soundtracks? Great, just great, that really sucks. :facepalm:

Then they should give us theme packs or something. Either way this news *censored*ing sucks.

This, very much, DLC themes would at least work perhaps.

So basically 2K16 may just be another game where we cannot use custom soundtracks? Great, just great, that really sucks. :facepalm:

Then they should give us theme packs or something. Either way this news *censored*ing sucks.

if there aren't any dlc themes or custom themes period, it's gonna end up being a no buy for me, especially if there ends up being only one custom entrance (on the phone) again.

I'm not surprised at all. I expected this because of the shitty way that Sony implemented music on the PS4 (don't have Xbox; I guess it's the same). This is why we NEED the ability to save mp3s to the hard drive. The people who don't play wrestling games don't understand, though. I tried explaining to people on GameFAQs.

there is an excuse actually, 2K just didn't want last gen to have something over current gen :fedup:

if there aren't any dlc themes or custom themes period, it's gonna end up being a no buy for me, especially if there ends up being only one custom entrance (on the phone) again.

I seriously hate that "Quiet I'm on the phone" entrance what made 2K remove all of the entrance motions and only keep that one?

I seriously hate that "Quiet I'm on the phone" entrance what made 2K remove all of the entrance motions and only keep that one?

"Quiet I'm on the phone" is a original creation by Yukes, the others aren't.

there is an excuse actually, 2K just didn't want last gen to have something over current gen :fedup:

Exactly what I thought also

Archived