Some Custom Music News for 2K16 and future games

nystyle

Saving music to the hard drive will be coming to the PS4 eventually, USB playback was just a temporary solution.

"This time the reason is is that we wanted to push out compatibility from the USB storage as soon as possible. It’s implementation is pretty lightweight.

If you want to save media files in the built-in hard disk, there are still a lot of things that will take more development time. Because of that, allowing that would have delayed the release of the feature. We need to consider development load, so please understand that we had to implement playback from USB storage first.

Of course we understand that demand. Please wait for it, since we’re doing our best."

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/10/28/ps4-2-0-update-sony-explains-why-you-cant-copy-mp3-on-the-hard-disk-and-why-its-called-masamune/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't buy 2K15 because there was no custom music. If there's no custom music in 2K16, I'll skip that game too. It might seem like a small factor to some, but custom music is a big part of these games for me.

It's looking like it's not even a possibility on ps4/xbox one. Im guessing it will be like 2k15 for ps3 abd 360 where since next gen doesn't have it ps3/360 wont either.

Apparently still no word from Sony about when we'll be able to save mp3's to the hard drive. This should not take a *censored*ing rocket scientist to implement. They need to quit dawdling.

I asked this recently on their live chat with sony on their site and was told they are "looking in to adding that feature." This was a week ago.

As bad as this, at least there's a workaround with the USB feature. Just turn off somebody's in game theme and play the theme of choice during their entrance. It's what I do sometimes.

How do you do that on ps4? I haven't messed around with playing the music while in a game yet.

Creations are really gonna suck again without custom themes. Until we get DLNA support they really should be looking into a way to read music from USB devices. If DLNA played over the game then so would USB tracks, so what's the problem?

I still dont see why they had to remove custom themes from the 360/PS3 versions last year. If you can use it keep it in, they kept create a belt/arena/threads in and alough it did make the game look a bit better with gameplay on the old gen.

As bad as this, at least there's a workaround with the USB feature. Just turn off somebody's in game theme and play the theme of choice during their entrance. It's what I do sometimes.

How do you do that on ps4? I haven't messed around with playing the music while in a game yet.

Have a USB hooked up that has the music you want (I use my own MP3 player) and before each entrance go to the menu that shows all the games and other features you have, you should see an option for the USB music player. I use it all the time, not just for wrestling themes, but also background music, as well.

Have a USB hooked up that has the music you want (I use my own MP3 player) and before each entrance go to the menu that shows all the games and other features you have, you should see an option for the USB music player. I use it all the time, not just for wrestling themes, but also background music, as well.

Thank you. Does it work well or is it a pain?

Works well for me. There isn't the issue with some of the themes being too quiet as seen in past games. I also use the music from there in place of that horrible 2K15 soundtrack.

Works well for me. There isn't the issue with some of the themes being too quiet as seen in past games. I also use the music from there in place of that horrible 2K15 soundtrack.

I'll give it a try thanks

One thing i thought of. Why not set up a website were you can upload music to & use that to be DLC. Then make a number of spots for so many at a time on the game. I mean its next gen so why not expand the use of DLC?

Bluh well i guess another year i turn off enterses

and another year of me making do with the 2K roster and not downloading any CAWs. It sucks!

Bluh well i guess another year i turn off enterses

and another year of me making do with the 2K roster and not downloading any CAWs. It sucks!

Creations are really gonna suck again without custom themes. Until we get DLNA support they really should be looking into a way to read music from USB devices. If DLNA played over the game then so would USB tracks, so what's the problem?

I still dont see why they had to remove custom themes from the 360/PS3 versions last year. If you can use it keep it in, they kept create a belt/arena/threads in and alough it did make the game look a bit better with gameplay on the old gen.

Obviously trying to force the incentive to upgrade to a PS4 or XB1.

on ps4 now the media player app is on :)

with that you can play music and videos from a media server or usb maybee we are comming near?

This the same thing they added a while ago or different?

New, they added it last night.

And you can stream it from PC just like I used to with WWE 2K14 I hope we can get custom themes in this year. I know it's trivial but it's so annoying to have someone come out with the wrong music. Plus it's kind of meh only having generic and in-game wrestler's themes because either you have a crappy theme or someone else' theme who it'd be kind of awkward to fight

Archived