Ring of Honor

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a lot of speculation surrounding Samoa Joe who recently signed a WWE deal which allows him to make several Ring of Honor TV appearances. Now that ROH has a cable deal with Destination America, WWE may try and sign him to an exclusive deal and have him pull out those upcoming appearances. This could be a same-case scenario for Rhyno and other talents.

Joe is scheduled for the June 20th ROH TV tapings, teaming with AJ Styles to face Kazarian and Daniels.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/wwe-news/samoa-joe-to-pull-out-of-upcoming-roh-appearances/

Is it okay to treat this thread as the "official" ROH thread?

Samoa Joe, who first appeared in WWE for its NXT developmental promotion on May 20, has quickly gained favor within the company. As noted, Joe and WWE are already working out a deal to have him work for WWE full-time. The company made swift action to bring Joe aboard in a more exclusive manner, following his rapid merchandise sales, in addition to Destination America picking up Ring of Honor.

PWInsider has recently published a report, providing the latest information on WWE and Samoa Joe coming to terms on a full-time deal. According to the website, the deal is not official, as paperwork is still being put together. Still, both sides have verbally agreed to a full-time contract.

Despite working a “WWE Superstars” taping, Joe is not expected to join the main roster immediately. Instead, he will reportedly remain a focal point of the NXT product for the next few months. Eventually, the idea is for Joe to join the main roster full-time.

Additionally, the website’s report revealed that Samoa Joe will still work Ring of Honor television tapings on June 20, as advertised. The tapings will now serve as Joe’s farewell to the company, as ROH is no longer able to book Joe for more dates, as it had planned. For all other independent circuit appearances Joe was scheduled for, the plan is for him to still work them. Joe will fulfill these past dates, provided that WWE doesn’t need him on that particular day.

http://www.wrestlingrumors.net/latest-on-samoa-joe-wwe-contract/36075/

Just watched the May 23 episode of ROH and man!! Best episode of ROH I've ever seen. Lethal and O'Reilly absolutely shut it down, then Lethal killing everyone at the end was just utter brilliance. I think I'm going for Mr. Lethal at BITW.

Just watched the May 23 episode of ROH and man!! Best episode of ROH I've ever seen. Lethal and O'Reilly absolutely shut it down, then Lethal killing everyone at the end was just utter brilliance. I think I'm going for Mr. Lethal at BITW.

I used to think Lethal was bland, but I saw the match against Ciampa a year or so ago when he turned and have been on the bandwagon ever since. This man is *censored*ing incredible and gets better every time he wrestles! He's gotta be in my top 5 in the world right now.

I wish O'Reilly was a top guy in ROH. Probably cause when I first saw him he was the PWG World Champion, so he's always screamed main eventer at me.

Yeah man. My first PWG show I watched was him beating Adam Cole for the PWG world title and that automatically made me a fan. I love reDRagon but I wouldn't mind seeing O'Reilly as a main eventer. In 2k15 I had him as a tag champ and going for singles titles lol.

O'Reilly for me is weird. I watch him wrestle and its like "this dude is 100% main eventer", but then I see him do literally ANYTHING ELSE and its like......meh, maybe upper mid card and top tag team guy. In the ring he could hang with anyone, but for me I don't know if he can hang with guys like Cole/Jay Briscoe/Lethal in the personality/full program department.

Archived