Grand Theft Auto Series

Intentz™

I just go to the "hidden" tunnel in the highway to get away from the cops

works everytime :P

but it's fun to actually try and outrun them and then hide, and as a cop is about to find you behind cover all the stars disappear :lol:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why the police system in V is so much better than the other games in the series...although IV was basically the same. But, having full stars and hiding long enough to lose all of them and get back to zero is such a great feeling. It isn't easy to do and actually requires skill. You feel like you accomplished something when you pull it off.

True, it's very hard but escaping 5 stars is a great feeling. The police A.I is amazing in V, the way they chase you in choppers, etc. Sticky bombs come in handy dealing with cop cars though lol.

I never bought GTA IV though, heard about the horrid driving, and saw footage of the game.. opted against getting it.

My faves are as follows:

GTA V

Vice City

San Andreas

GTA III

Can't wait to see how GTA VI will look like on the XB1/PS4, not really counting the ported V version. Hoping we actually get a new city, with proper missions. Don't get me wrong, I liked the Heist missions, but they would be more suited as side missions outside of the story mode for me.

That's why the police system in V is so much better than the other games in the series...although IV was basically the same. But, having full stars and hiding long enough to lose all of them and get back to zero is such a great feeling. It isn't easy to do and actually requires skill. You feel like you accomplished something when you pull it off.

IDK, I think IV's cops were dumbasses. You could be RIGHT next to them behind something and they'd be like "welp hes not here" >.>

In some ways, San Andreas seems easier than I remember it being. The targeting is ass...which makes you die sometimes when you can't properly shoot back at an enemy...and there are still those missions where you roll your car and the person you're with stays in there and they explode and you fail...and I definitely prefer in GTA V how your car really doesn't blow up while you're in it...but you get shot instead. Having a car blow up from being shot too much in SA is some annoying shit...but aside from those, the majority of the missions don't seem as hard as they did when I originally played them. As long as you buy body armor and a good amount of ammo for an automatic weapon, you're basically set for anything you might encounter.

IDK, I think IV's cops were dumbasses. You could be RIGHT next to them behind something and they'd be like "welp hes not here" >.>

Exactly, they could be right behind you tailing your ass and then you go into a Pay 'n Spray. That's it, you're saved. Or some of the cop cars that are charging in front of you may just drift completely to the other side, instead of trying to stop in front of you.

Bought my PS4 version through PSN, can't wait to transfer my level over 100 something character over to PS4. I don't remember what exact level my dude is at because I ain't touched my 360 GTA V in months.

I'm on rank 124. We should *Censored* shit up together on PS4.

A question about first person mode.

How would it work with a prostitute?

It'll probably be the first thing I try out.

They have San Andres with achievements, do they have Vice City and III up and with them? III was the first time I played a GTA game, its hard to remember but I went to someones house to group up to trick-or-treat(idk how old I was) and they were playing it. Idk about Vice City but San Andres friend let me play. Soo many hours I played in San Andres. RP'd a lot. Wish they would put back the weight system, can go to the gym, learn new fight moves. Sandbox games are my favorite type. Just the open world is awesome, and it being first person is interesting. Be cool if they put Arkham Asylum on PS4 being first person. With Arkham Knight on PS4 the map being soo huge, just think how big GTA VI would be

"The character creator in GTAO now rivals that of peak Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf, allowing you to customize no less than your eyes, nose, nose profile, nose tip, cheeks, cheek shape, lips, and more. Each has its own spectrum in which to tweak each individual setting."

Sounds good. No idea what the PGA game creator is like, but it will be cool if you can also adjust skin colour more freely, and height and body type to an extent. Don't expect fat people, but a little variety would be nice.

"The character creator in GTAO now rivals that of peak Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf, allowing you to customize no less than your eyes, nose, nose profile, nose tip, cheeks, cheek shape, lips, and more. Each has its own spectrum in which to tweak each individual setting."

Sounds good. No idea what the PGA game creator is like, but it will be cool if you can also adjust skin colour more freely, and height and body type to an extent. Don't expect fat people, but a little variety would be nice.

Wow. We might actually be able to make our characers look different from other players now.

I wonder if it is going to let us edit our characters physical appearance once we transfer our data? I sure hope so.

Wow. We might actually be able to make our characers look different from other players now.

I wonder if it is going to let us edit our characters physical appearance once we transfer our data? I sure hope so.

From http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/06/30-player-grand-theft-auto-online-events-are-madness

The bit right before the one I copied earlier says:

"Fortunately, all of this added fun in the upgraded version of Grand Theft Auto Online for Xbox One and PS4 also brings with it the chance to add way more detail to your avatar, even if you’re importing one from the Xbox 360 or PS3 (of note: stats can also be tweaked when importing, effectively allowing for a re-spec)."

So it seems likely.

San Andreas' controls (and classic controls in general) sucked, damn

we can't even change the controls in PS3 SA

I think people are so hung up about it being the best PS2 game ever and blah blah blah, because of the nostalgia, and the level of acclaim it gets.

Not many would just up and say, "San Andreas did kinda suck here and there".

I thought there was a lot of enjoyment to be found, but the controls definitely kept it from being the Godfather of video-games or whatever.

In fact, the enjoyment was mainly in the two-player stuff my cousins and I would always do (won't forget when I played the priest) & the cheats.

Archived