Wrestling Career.Dream or Reality?

TheHavoc

So I came up with this idea for a thread as I was looking through a discussion about people that have tried wrestling or have made it into wrestling...So guys has any of you tried making it into wrestling or even tried a move or two.?Also share your experiences from this attempt?

And if you have made it into wrestling share your indie experience..

P.S. I know this ain't exactly WWE thing but there isn't a more suitable section

You probably could have posted this in General chat, I think anything in this sub-forum must relate to the WWE product in some way.

It wouldn't suprise me if someone on here has wrestled on an independant circuit at some point though.

I went to a wrestling school from a man named Donald Bower for nearly 4 months in NC. I quit because of financial reasons but I've had a new job for a while now and I'm located in PA.

Actually I've been talking to a man named Rick Lyttle who is the promoter of a place called Phoenix Pro Wrestling. This Sat(21st of September) I'm going to one of there shows to meet him face to face and talk to him. I'd like to train a lot more before I wrestle.

I honestly plan on it. I need to save more, and I have a student loan I'd like to pay off first.. About 5k left on it.

But I'm 6'5" and right now about 220. I've put on a LOT of muscle in the last 8 months at my construction job without doing any actual exercise. So yeah, based on my size, looks, passion for wrestling, and overall athleticism, I think I have a fair shot. Also not being a conceited *Censored* helps I'd say.

I honestly plan on it. I need to save more, and I have a student loan I'd like to pay off first.. About 5k left on it.

But I'm 6'5" and right now about 220. I've put on a LOT of muscle in the last 8 months at my construction job without doing any actual exercise. So yeah, based on my size, looks, passion for wrestling, and overall athleticism, I think I have a fair shot. Also not being a conceited *Censored* helps I'd say.

Not to shoot you down or anything but Leo Kruger is 220Lbs at 6ft 1 so you'll probably have a lot more building to do muscle wise (at least as far as wwe is concerned). I wish i was over 6ft though :(, I'd love to get into wrestling myself but I'd have to move to America to stand any chance of getting noticed.

Not to shoot you down or anything but Leo Kruger is 220Lbs at 6ft 1 so you'll probably have a lot more building to do muscle wise (at least as far as wwe is concerned). I wish i was over 6ft though :(, I'd love to get into wrestling myself but I'd have to move to America to stand any chance of getting noticed.

Yeah.. I stood in the mirror in my underwear the other day and my scrawniness was embarrassing. And I was alone. :/

Randy Orton is listed as 245 or so? But 25 lbs of muscle is a LOT to put on.. We'll see I suppose.

Yeah.. I stood in the mirror in my underwear the other day and my scrawniness was embarrassing. And I was alone. :/

Randy Orton is listed as 245 or so? But 25 lbs of muscle is a LOT to put on.. We'll see I suppose.

Well if you already have very low body fat that 25lbs or whatever amount of mass will be fat and muscle. If you were putting on nothing but pure muscle you'd actually be getting leaner.

Did indy shows and training for 2 years, developed arthritis in my knees and had to stop. Still train occasionally. I don't think I could ever be a full-time Wrestler, however I would love a job in the industry so I could surround myself in it.

I'm assuming backyard wrestling promotions don't count? I would have enjoyed it, but at this point the only reality I could have with wrestling would be a writer. I've looked into joining the creative team and believe I have the talent, but I live in Toronto and don't feel relocating myself and my fiancee to Stanford like the request you to do is the wisest life choice.

Personally I think this would be better suited in the Indy, Puro & Misc. section.

Wrestling is something I thought about, but i'm not sure if it's something I'll pursue. it's something I've never gotten bored of or grown out of and I'd love to contribute to the industry in some way. Sadly there aren't any places to train here and relocating isn't something I want to do. The biggest disadvantage for me I think is the fact that I hate being the center of attention (I dread my birthday. Haha) so I'm not sure how I'd do being that.

I'm probably in the rather small minority of people who want to wrestle, but not on a WWE/TNA level. I did when I was a child, but as I grew older and discovered the independents and thought about what I wanted in life, the indies definitely would suit me better I think.

IF I ever get the chance to wrestle permanetly, I would probably go the path of someone like Low-Ki, Sami Zayn (El Generico) and some other guys..

Spent my time in the indys (Europe/North America) and oversea (Japan) before looking for a tryout with the big promotions.

I went to a wrestling school from a man named Donald Bower for nearly 4 months in NC. I quit because of financial reasons but I've had a new job for a while now and I'm located in PA.

Actually I've been talking to a man named Rick Lyttle who is the promoter of a place called Phoenix Pro Wrestling. This Sat(21st of September) I'm going to one of there shows to meet him face to face and talk to him. I'd like to train a lot more before I wrestle.

Please master Omega Driver. :> And crossface.

Why would you? Doesn't Australia have wrestling companies? If you are or if you know an entrepreneur, then you have a new business idea for the place!

Please master Omega Driver. :> And crossface.

Why would you? Doesn't Australia have wrestling companies? If you are or if you know an entrepreneur, then you have a new business idea for the place!

There are Australian promotions but if i wanted to make a living out of wrestling I'd have very little chance doing it here.

There are Australian promotions but if i wanted to make a living out of wrestling I'd have very little chance doing it here.

Ah, I see. Well, you can build up money and fame in Australia and then go to another country like US or England.

IMO (which you didn't ask for), you should practice and try to get fame in Australia before you go to another country. At least this way you'll have some kind of reputation to go on.

M3J just for you if I ever start wrestling on the indies I'll use the Crossface as my finish. With the occasional Omega Driver or two :)

<3

And good luck!

Archived