a LIKE button?

twitch

I'm a member of another forum where you can "like" peoples posts. I have found this extremely useful on this other forum. It's super useful when you want someone to know that they're awesome or just lol'd and didn't have much else to say. I think it cuts back spam and post count padding.

I'm sure this has been brought up in the past, such a simple idea that I think could look pretty nice on the forum. I will attach a screen of the other site:

wv9y81.png

I of course blacked out all the info you don't need. Don't want it to look like I'm advertising.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a good idea, like the Kayfabe show discussion thread I've been trying to get started for a while, and to prevent people being annoying trolls with it, give them a limit on how many posts you can "like" or "dislike" within a 24-hour period. (ie. You can only like or dislike 5 posts within a 24-hour period.)

It could be useful, but you know that people start complaining about not having a Dislike button. And if they both got put in, people would only use them to be annoying ass holes and trolls.

Yep. Im all for it. But it would cause problems you can bet on it.

It could be useful, but you know that people start complaining about not having a Dislike button. And if they both got put in, people would only use them to be annoying ass holes and trolls.

But then we just wouldn't have a dislike button. Then there's only room for something positive or nothing at all.

How bout, like, try it out first if possible and if it doesn't work out, take the feature away? Might seem like a bit of effort, but you never know. I honestly don't see how it would be a problem, unless some asshole(s) does who knows what to make it a problem. If the people want it, let em have it. Just consider it though.

I feel having a "like button" usually ends in more people just trying to do one liners fishing for likes. Taking away from the actual discussion on hand.

That's way better than people just posting "lol" or other 2 word posts that contribute nothing. One liners also provide pretty awesome humor.

Here's and example of where the like feature would just be perfect:

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/411840-nfl-thread/page__st__3200#entry8888752

I found that post hilariously hilarious, but did I have nothing to say about it? no. It just made me chuckle.

Obviously a dislike button would be a bad idea, guys. Come on. lol

Sounds like a shit idea.

I'm curious as to what about this idea is "shit", in your mind? I can't think of anything negative that would come from something like this. Would likely clean up spam a considerable amount and spread some humor around the board. Please, enlighten us.

What if there was a limit to how many you could like a day? Maybe 10? Then people wouldn't just spam it.

Then what woul be te point if you are giving me a feature I want full control. Its not meant o be if you think a whole bunch of people will misuse it.

Archived