a LIKE button?

twitch

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Like Button?" This isn't Facebook you know.

Well we already have a status update feature.

And I bet everytime there is a Kaitlyn mention or a picture of her, there'll be a "Dazman likes this" under it should this be implemented.

As for the feature Itself, I approve it.

And I bet everytime there is a Kaitlyn mention or a picture of her, there'll be a "Dazman likes this" under it should this be implemented.

No it wouldn't. If there was a "Like" button I know I would never use it. We don't need a "Like Button" it would be as pointless on here as it is on Facebook.

Well uf there's like an amazing post from say Crowley or WhiteRyhno and It's like 5 paragraphs long, it would be better to "like" the post rather than try and respond lmao.

Some people see it as just a way for people to whore out for likes and make pointless posts.

But I think it'll lead to less pointless posts because you won't have to express 2-3 words in a post or say something that someone else has said, you can just click the like button. Or if you want to add onto another person's opinion, post yourself. It'll be just the way it is now, but people would know who agrees with them. If it was anything like Facebook likes, it wouldn't be bad either. I've never seen it used in a shitty way. Can't go wrong.

But this is all just advice, that's all it is. You can do whatever the *censored* YOU WANNA DO!

No it wouldn't. If there was a "Like" button I know I would never use it. We don't need a "Like Button" it would be as pointless on here as it is on Facebook.

I've been on about 10 different forums and each one has a like or rep system. It easily dignifies who the intelligent users are and the spammer/one liner people are. Usually you would have your Post Count and underneath how many likes you've gotten. It gives people actual reason to make funny/knowledgeable posts.

I've been on about 10 different forums and each one has a like or rep system. It easily dignifies who the intelligent users are and the spammer/one liner people are. Usually you would have your Post Count and underneath how many likes you've gotten. It gives people actual reason to make funny/knowledgeable posts.

Rep systems cause shit almost everywhere trust me.

Sounds like a shit idea.

How? Operation Sports uses it and it makes good posts more valuable.

Makes good posts more valuable because most posts there are crap due to that system, am I right?

Not necessarily, OS is one of the smartest and most mature forums on the internet. The like system can even alert devs. Have you ever actually been to that website anyways?

I was on a forum that had a star system so if you liked a post, you'd give it a star.

Unfortunately, that turned into troll posts being multi-starred by other trolls and idiotic posts having the same treatment from other idiots who had the same stupid opinion and wouldn't listen to facts that say otherwise.

Now, while the "like" button could help show up a great post or comment as it's supposed to do, having seen the negative way it was used, I'd say caws.ws is better off without such a thing.

Archived