Simple Question: Will You Be Buying WWE '13?

MrBrightside1189

Will You Buy WWE '13?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Be Purchasing WWE '13?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Don't know.

I will get it ..I will only re-think if WWE13 has as bad online community as it is now and if caw goes worse again..I will give THQ one more chance at least..normally they bounce back reasonably..JBI was boring as anything than they produce SYM, HCTP, 2006..than 07/08 was ok to good-ish.SVR2010 I enjoyed.WWE12 had enjoyed but too many glicthes..so hoping THQ bounces back abit as they have in the past

WWE 12 is a bounce back game.

2011 had the easy pin glitch and no moves

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's always gonna be some new feature or improvement in some aspect that's gonna make me want to keep buying but it just feels like they're covering up leaks on an old boiler that's getting progressively worse every year with all the new fixes they apply to it. The obvious solution is to replace it with a new boiler with better parts from the get go. However, I'm a sheep and I'll most likely buy in to the promises of 13. At the moment I'm gonna say maybe. It'll be interesting to see what plasters/band aids they apply this year to make us part with our money.

A couple of years ago I would have said yes without having to think about it. Now I'm not so sure. There seems to be someting rotten at thq and the sad part is I'm not sure they even realise it.

I think wwe13 might get rushed out, with loads of hype and marketing, but little new content or corrections. And it seems like a big income boost to their ailing company will overrule things like delivering customer satisfaction or value for money.

I hope I'm wrong, I'd actualy love if thq produced a great game with servers that aren't brain numbingly slow.

No.

This. It's funny how everyone was talking all this :poo: about how They are not buying wwe 13 and Thq is this and Thq is that, etc. Now all of a sudden everybody is still going to by it? So what was the point of complaining? :facepalm: smh. people

WWE'13 is more likely than any game past to be a rush job.

They've lost time trying to finish WWE'12. They are (or are pretending to) still be trying to fix it.

You've seen what they put out with a full year (and a hold to iron out bugs) for WWE'12.

This year they'll have less time, a less stable base to build on (WWE'12 is shakier than San Francisco), and a bigger more urgent need to spend less and make more.

Yeah, I don't expect much out of WWE'13.

P.S.

Buy WWE'13!

I'm going to wait and see what goes on with it, my guess is it'll be wwe 12 minus glitches. In which case I won't buy. And considering they took our work around for the crotch blur( which means itll probably be out of wwe 13) really pisses me off

Lol obviously everyone here is gonna buy this game...who the hell are we kidding hahaha

I'm not wasting my money on that piece of :poo: ever again. I'll buy it if i hear good reviews and complements from people on caws.ws. Other than that wwe'12 is the last one. Idc how much I like the wwe, THQ is fk'n up and I can play other games that actually work.

This...for the most part. I didn't buy WWE12 because 2011 disappointed me to the point of no return. Not until a major overhaul is done, and my idea of fun is brought back into the series.

Don't know. WWE'12 hasn't been all that bad to me as I don't play WWE Universe but the problems with online and in Storyline Designer, along with the removal of some things or just THQ *censored*ing up as per usual have made me doubt whether or not to bother buying the next game.

In all honesty though, I'd love to see THQ release a demo like months before the official release of WWE'13 that way fans like myself can give feedback about the game. We can find certain things that might not be right which need fixed or whatever and that way we should end up with a better game that can claim it's bigger, badder, better or whatever jazzy nickname they give it. Rather than being giving a beta like people say WWE'12 basically is.

I didn't wanted to buy WWE12 because I already had a bad feeling about it after Corys (one of the worst game designers ever in my opinion) "lets blame it to the fans" and "lets play the damsel in distress" behaviour prior to WWE12 release.

Had also cancelled my preorder but then a friend of mine (I could literally kill him after that -.- ) kept bugging me to buy so "we can play together online" (which happened like once due to the crappy servers and since we are living in different countries a "come over so we can play" option wasn't feasible).

So I bought it, got extra frustrated through all the glitches and bugs from which most are still in the game and I definately know they will never fix them and after creating a few caws for the community and playing a bit universe, I put the game on the self and never moved it from there again.

With other words my experience was:

- throwed my money out for a beta version of a game

- got several broken promises from THQs about fixing stuff which they didn't and never will (as usual so nothing new there)

- got frustrated of having a beta version of a game that could had been actually good if enough effort would had been put into its development (they were too busy hyping it or talking about Randy Boredoms beard I guess)

- faced freezes, glitches, kelly kelly being everyones shadow being it a male or female caws in the match card

- got frustrated by wasting my time trying to enter a server I barely ever were able to connect to

- got castrated of being able to ever play with my friends online since it never works in a game that were supposed to have a working online environment that seriously the previous versions was "excellent" compared to wwe12s one

- got lied to the face about features that yukes isn't able to "accomplish" because of this and that (lies, lies, lies)

among other things.

I admit I will check on the forums to see how WW13 goes and does also because I'm curious if it will be indeed a upgraded or finished WWE12 version with one extra feature or two so they can call it a new game they put "effort" in it (yeah right).

Most of all so I can be amazed once again how everyone will be falling for their hype, empty promises and broken games so they can complain allover again after.

Should WWE 13 really turn out to actually work like a game is supposed to and be bugfree (who am I fooling here with my wishful thinking? :P ), I might consider to get it a year after its release when it will be thrown out for like 10 or 20€ but I highly doubt it.

So I voted No and it will be a No. Enough is enough.

I didn't wanted to buy WWE12 because I already had a bad feeling about it after Corys (one of the worst game designers ever in my opinion) "lets blame it to the fans" and "lets play the damsel in distress" behaviour prior to WWE12 release.

Had also cancelled my preorder but then a friend of mine (I could literally kill him after that -.- ) kept bugging me to buy so "we can play together online" (which happened like once due to the crappy servers and since we are living in different countries a "come over so we can play" option wasn't feasible).

So I bought it, got extra frustrated through all the glitches and bugs from which most are still in the game and I definately know they will never fix them and after creating a few caws for the community and playing a bit universe, I put the game on the self and never moved it from there again.

With other words my experience was:

- throwed my money out for a beta version of a game

- got several broken promises from THQs about fixing stuff which they didn't and never will (as usual so nothing new there)

- got frustrated of having a beta version of a game that could had been actually good if enough effort would had been put into its development (they were too busy hyping it or talking about Randy Boredoms beard I guess)

- faced freezes, glitches, kelly kelly being everyones shadow being it a male or female caws in the match card

- got frustrated by wasting my time trying to enter a server I barely ever were able to connect to

- got castrated of being able to ever play with my friends online since it never works in a game that were supposed to have a working online environment that seriously the previous versions was "excellent" compared to wwe12s one

- got lied to the face about features that yukes isn't able to "accomplish" because of this and that (lies, lies, lies)

among other things.

I admit I will check on the forums to see how WW13 goes and does also because I'm curious if it will be indeed a upgraded or finished WWE12 version with one extra feature or two so they can call it a new game they put "effort" in it (yeah right).

Most of all so I can be amazed once again how everyone will be falling for their hype, empty promises and broken games so they can complain allover again after.

Should WWE 13 really turn out to actually work like a game is supposed to and be bugfree (who am I fooling here with my wishful thinking? :P ), I might consider to get it a year after its release when it will be thrown out for like 10 or 20€ but I highly doubt it.

So I voted No and it will be a No. Enough is enough.

See I agree with most of this, but I voted that I don't know. There is always the chance that things get fixed and upgraded properly, but from a history standpoint, not a good chance. If they change the way that they develope the game organizationally, then it could be better just from that standpoint alone. They really need to clean up their programming and testing of details, which there are a lot of them just due to the nature of the game. They've had a problem with including things in the game that just don't work.

Also, when you think about it......think about some of the best games you've played recently and whatever issues they had. When I think about that, some of the best games may have problems, but they don't seem to get in the way of the fun of the game the same way that they do in WWE 12. Maybe there's just a higher frustration factor for me with the WWE games because of all the genres that exist, wrestling is the one I'm most familiar with and can more easily find cracks in. See I can play a game like Skyrim and see most people complain about presentational things like well...people trying to talk to you even after you've been killed at their feet. Maybe some problems with jumping and temporary menu hangups. Thing is though....none of that really bothers me for some reason nearly as much as the issues that THQ left in WWE 12, and I think it is in large part because the SAME KIND of problems show up in the games every year. Sometimes the same exact problems even. Almost as if solving one problem brings up two more for them. Anyway....long rant, but I think there is a strong case for not believing that they'll bring us a solid game next year just due to the history of the problems in the series.

Nope, every year they prmoise bigger and better thing and all we get is a minor roster update, poor choices for DLC and fun things and move removed that were in previous games.

And after the joke that was the technical support on WWE '12 and THQ lack of respect for their loyal customers and fabase over the years, I've had enough of their constant lies and B.S people.

I've bought WWE Games since WWF Attitude, so Yes I will be getting WWE '13. I'm debating whether or not to pre-order it or just get it on release day. If I do pre-order it, i'm going to wait and see who has the best Pre-Order bonus(es) offered whether it's gamestop, bestbuy or amazon.com.

My brother usually buys it for the 360 and I buy it for the ps3.. this year no im not buying it if i get the 'itch' to play it ill use his copy. Then again after hearing the shit storm thats bound to happen after it releases I probably wont even play it at all I'll save my money for the WiiU

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:55 AM

Since the only Major Complaints besides the Fixable issues from WWE12 that I've talked about, I've heard are dealing with Server issues, if you'd pay attention to the question I asked today about What WWF No Mercy, Wrestlemania 2000, Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain & Smackdown Vs Raw 2006 had in common. You'd believe I think they should remove Online Feature from WWE13 because THQ needs to focus on the Core of the game, not the Extra Online feature. What I mean by Removing Online features is the ability to have matches online, leave Community Creation in obviously though. It would Lighten up the Server anyways, so it would work better.

Edited by SKPTymMisery, 20 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

I would like perhaps instead of getting rid of online perhaps setting if possible Community Creations on a seperate set of servers than the rest of the online features. That way it would cut down the lag and other problems that we are seeing in WWE12.

I personally will not be buying WWE13 as soon as it hits shelves but perhaps a few months down the road.

Multiple factors depending.

firstly, they have to have a damn good roster, including DDP.

Second, they have to have at least attempted to test the game before release so we can avoid another bugfest.

Third, limits need to be lightened.

Finally, some of the people on this site need to have given it a good review.

I am probably going to buy it but I still can change my mind.

What disappoints me the most with WWE 12 is the 'Story' mode that they have. I really miss the story mode from games like HCTP and even the TNA Impact game which wasn't bad for a wrestling game.

I'm also not a huge fan of the WWE Universe mode. If they could combine Universe with a kick ass Story Mode, I would be first in line to get it. I'm an old school wrestling fan and still enjoy playing the games... :)

Archived