Simple Question: Will You Be Buying WWE '13?

MrBrightside1189

Will You Buy WWE '13?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. Will You Be Purchasing WWE '13?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Don't know.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope and I won't be buying another thq game again, wwe 12 in my honest oppinion should never have made it past the retail stages, should have been kept in beta until they ironed out the issues and felt with the online server problem

I can only stomache so much bullshit from them and is why I won't be buying it, what's that 6, 7 months in counting for a server fix, no thanks

I won't pre order and I won't buy until I see the review from Game Informer (which was a 5.5 and right on the mark) and of course read on here for honest opinions.......... But then again I would pre order if THQ got rid of Ledsma and hire someone with a better sense of direction instead of the same one who gets lost moving in a circle.

Bottom line is, it depends on why you'd want the game. If they add in things that appeal to you, you should buy it. If they don't, then don't waste your money.

Some of you people are acting like you know for sure that a game we know pretty much nothing about will have nothing more than a roster update. Its a bit too soon to be asking if people will buy the game anyway, since there isn't much info about it.

If the Usos are in, I'm down to buy the game. Right now i don't even care for the servers since im on the PS3 and there are barerly great CAWs on there. I'm down for a roster update, My WWE 12 game had no problems what so ever except the commentary glitch.

Im going to take a break from the series this time. Sorry but the current one is just rubbish with stuff going wrong. Its given me plenty of time to do other things and play other games. So ill likely be moving onto something else.

Bottom line is, it depends on why you'd want the game. If they add in things that appeal to you, you should buy it. If they don't, then don't waste your money.

Some of you people are acting like you know for sure that a game we know pretty much nothing about will have nothing more than a roster update. Its a bit too soon to be asking if people will buy the game anyway, since there isn't much info about it.

You say that like there's the possibility WWE'13 won't just be more of the same, if not even worse.

You say that like there's the possibility WWE'13 won't just be more of the same, if not even worse.

Unless you're one of the game designers, or are apart of their staff, or you heard one of Three Stooges in your sig announce their plans, you won't know for sure whether or not the next game will suck. You could assume it will (which is what you guys are doing), but you won't know for sure until more is known about it. I get that people don't want to get their hopes up so soon just for them to be crushed in the end, but I'm not going to condemn something I know so little about. There is a possibility that it will suck, but there is also a possibility that it won't. (Unless someone has facts, not rumours, but facts about the upcoming game that I am unaware of that will prove it will suck.)

Before anyone posts: "Look at WWE 12!" What other people think of that game is different than what I think of it. I actually like WWE 12, I don't care about the online modes, I enjoy the A.I, and my copy rarely has any glitches, so I see very little wrong with the game. I know they didn't change anything in Story Designer, but that didn't bother me because I was so pleased with the upgrade from SVR2011. I bought WWE 12 mainly to use "Create A Ring Mode" which I like. As for right now, I have no reason to buy WWE 13, but if they add things to Story Designer and CAW mode, the game features I actually care about, then hell yea I'll buy it.

Aside from the online problems and in-game glitches, WWE12 suffered because it was overhyped. THQ can claim that the fans overhyped things, but it's them who kept feeding us the information. They didn't deliver.

I'll only be buying WWE13 if THQ makes changes to caw mode. They gave us the same exact broken mode 2 years in a row. If changes aren't made this year, then THQ doesn't care about this fanbase.

Let's face it, the product is rushed every single year. IMO they need to get back to just finishing the product and releasing when it's done And tested up and down left to right because this year was the prime example of them adding new "tech" but not properly testing and u see the end result. Same goes for the servers...why weren't these damn things tested at least 1-2 months in advance. Someone made a great point at these forums that WWE is not just any other sport where there's an offseason etc so why does the game have to be done at the same time every year??

Alright....just getting slightly frustrated with certain individuals saying 'my copy' doesn't have this and that. I'm almost a hundred percent certain that ALL of the copies are the same. The glitches in WWE 12 are sparked by very specific events even I don't understand, but know exist because things only started to happen after I started doing different things. And then, the more you play the game, the more problems begin to crop up. If all you do is play the exhibition mode, then you'll likely never see any problems. Also, if you don't use any CAW's, then there is less of a chance as well. I know this because I've noticed nearly every problem in the game involves the use of created content.

So, let's just go ahead and assume that every copy has the same problems, but not everyone has either experienced said problems, or just overlooks them and manages to enjoy the game anyway. Yes, I can honestly say that there is fun to be had with WWE 12, depending on how you play, and IF you do the necessary workarounds for certain things. It would be nice, however, if they could release a game where workarounds aren't necessary, which is something that I KNOW most everybody wants....even the people who defend the game. What spamming nooblet isn't getting is that we naysayers are drawing on history and experience to come to a quick conclusion about the next game. It really is just a way of keeping our expectations down. If, for instance, they elect to keep the story designer in the game, we have more reason to believe it will have freezing problems and the same tag team title entrance problem as WWE 12 than we have reason to believe that it won't. Why? Because they have yet to create a game where most of the big bugs are worked out of mode. Or, they add things to the mode and create more problems. Either way....we haven't seen it yet, so why should we NOT be skeptical?

They'll have to impress me a hell of a lot. I won't go near WWE 13 unless it's about as close to flawless as a THQ game can get. And it can be done, just look at UFC Undisputed 3.

After playing UFC Undisputed 3 for a considerable amount of time, my decision stands.

Thing is, it's not just THQ's fault. They have to comply with WWE's deadlines, which is why we get a lackluster game each year with only minor improvements, if any at all.

WWE 13 is just the beta version of WWE14.

I think you mean the full version of WWE 12, Because the beta version of WWE 14 is kinda good if you think about it.

Unless you were just being incredibly optimistic...

And I'll buy it if there are updated rosters with EVERYONE in the wwe at this point, and about 150-200 new moves, basically EVERY SINGLE WRESTLING(or striking) MANEUVER USED IN WWE!

WWE 13 is just the beta version of WWE14.

I think you mean the full version of WWE 12, Because the beta version of WWE 14 is kinda good if you think about it.

Unless you were just being incredibly optimistic...

And I'll buy it if there are updated rosters with EVERYONE in the wwe at this point, and about 150-200 new moves, basically EVERY SINGLE WRESTLING(or striking) MANEUVER USED IN WWE!

No, because every annual title is half finished. Me saying WWE13 is the full version of WWE12 would be doing them an unfair justice. WWE13 will be just like 12. Thus=half assed game=WWE14 beta. Each year we get betas.

If its gonna be based on the attitude era then hell yeah i'll buy it. Unless when they start posting info about it I see something I don't like then I'll have to re think. For me it depends on the attitude roster overall.

If its gonna be based on the attitude era then hell yeah i'll buy it. Unless when they start posting info about it I see something I don't like then I'll have to re think. For me it depends on the attitude roster overall.

So what constitutes as something you don't like? Just for the sake of discussion...

Undecided tbh. After WWE12 though, I won't be pre-ordering.

That's not to say I won't get it, but this year I'll wait and see what we actually get before taking the plunge.

Not too fussed on the touted Attitude theme either. I loved the era at the time, but I've no reason to believe THQ would put in much more than a fairly token offering (e.g. WCW in WWE12), basically alternating a few Attitude wrestlers, arenas and a career storyline. I'd rather they go the whole hog with a proper era-themed game or not bother, but I can't see the WWE giving them a green-light to do that.

^This^

And in contrast...lol@ everyone who is buying for a silly reason like "I'm getting it because I always get it". So year after year you buy a subpar, mediocre title that seems to only get worse, just for sentimental reasons? You all should just give me your 60 bucks then, at least I'll use the money for something more menaingful.

That being said, file me under the category of people who will be waiting until we hear feedback on the game from the people who first buy the game. Based on the praise or complaints the follow in the first couple of weeks past launch, I'll know whether to spend my 60 or not.

With out a doubt. '12 was a great game, but it had some glitches. Gameplay, feature and roster wise this was an amazing game. THQ gets dealt some bad cards every once in a while, but I think any reasonable person can see the legit efforts they made this year. Plus, wrestling fans as a whole we are some of the most critical fans. Just look at any forum and you'll see it. Rant over, I'll buy the game regardless but I'm hoping they can have a roster as stacked as this years. If they build on the gameplay they've established this year and address the issues that bothered fans this year then I think they can produce a wonderful game.

Archived