U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah. Was wondering because there'd be proof to make the counter-sue invalid.

I still wanna know if liberals have ever come out with books attacking conservatives though. I usually see conservatives be aggressive with shit like writing books and putting stickers everywhere, as well as bumper stickers saying stuff like "liberalism is a disease."

Ah. Was wondering because there'd be proof to make the counter-sue invalid.

I still wanna know if liberals have ever come out with books attacking conservatives though. I usually see conservatives be aggressive with shit like writing books and putting stickers everywhere, as well as bumper stickers saying stuff like "liberalism is a disease."

No. Never. A liberal has never in the history of the United States written a book about their opinions or attacked the right in said book.

Also regarding the bumper stickers....no. There is no evidence to support that a liberal bumper sticker has been made or used on a car. While the evil right are constantly attaching stuff to their vehicles, the average left leaning citizen have cars that are in mint condition and free of any messages that support their beliefs or opinions.

Sarcastic post is pretty dumb. Is this an attempt to distract from my questions?

Wait, you weren't being sarcastic with your question?

I just assumed that no one actually though that liberals didn't write books that attacked the right. They do it online and on TV. Do you think they don't know how to publish books?

Also the bumper sticker thing depends on where you live. Here in New York I see left leaning stickers all the time. In Texas you'd probably find more right leaning ones.

No, I'm asking because I don't know, and I can't be assed to Google it and get wrong info.

It's not that hard for liberals and conservatives to attack each other on TV and online. Books would be harder as they'd actually have to write stuff down and get it published.

And again, I'm asking about either side attacking the other, not necessarily supporting their side. Point ultimately would be that conservatives are the ones dividing the country by going after liberals all the time over anything. Whenever I see FB comments on articles, I rarely see liberals attacking conservatives, but I usually see conservatives blaming liberals and bashing them. Liberals do it too, but they're either quieter or only few attack conservatives.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/02/business/media/sinclair-news-anchors-script.html

Seen all these local news stations reading the same pro-Trump script? Dude is trying to brainwash more people then he already has. All those fears under Obama of the "government taking away our rights" is actually more real under the current administration.

No one could answer my questions, huh. I'd Google it, but I'm sure I'll come across conservative websites calling books like Harry Potter left wing propaganda attacking the right. I did see a bumper sticker that called Trump supporters stupid, but for all I know, the truck owner could be a right winger.

Is that really surprising? I mean, given the shit they say and how they support Trump, it's not surprising they'd have similar scripts or whatnot. Trump supporters won't suspect anything as long as they hear what they want.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/02/business/media/sinclair-news-anchors-script.html

Seen all these local news stations reading the same pro-Trump script? Dude is trying to brainwash more people then he already has. All those fears under Obama of the "government taking away our rights" is actually more real under the current administration.

Honest question. I'm sure we both watched the video. Which line or lines did you find disturbing or outrageous that a new station would say?

For example one line says:

“Some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias.”

But surely both democrats and republicans would agree that's true. Be it MSNBC or Fox News. So I'm just wondering what exactly upset you about the video?

Another line says:

"The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media."

Hasn't the left been arguing that Trump and Russia used false news on Facebook to win the election? Again....I don't see that line as "Pro-Trump".

Also in the article it says:

It included a warning about fake news, a promise to report fairly and accurately and a request that viewers go to the station’s website and comment “if you believe our coverage is unfair.”

....I mean, doesn't that sound like a good thing? Shouldn't all stations promise to report fairly (wither they do it or not is a different subject) and request viewers call them out on B.S?

^Their all run by the same guy, a close friend of Trumps. It's local media and this opens the way for it to be one sided in the Presidents favor. I don't want 30 or so TV stations to be spewing the same propaganda that the major news networks are also trying to put out there. A promise of honesty is great, but I have my doubts when it is connected to the current administration.

^Their all run by the same guy, a close friend of Trumps. It's local media and this opens the way for it to be one sided in the Presidents favor. I don't want 30 or so TV stations to be spewing the same propaganda that the major news networks are also trying to put out there. A promise of honesty is great, but I have my doubts when it is connected to the current administration.

I know who its run by. But as I said before, the script itself isn't Pro-Trump. There isn't a single line that praises the president or tells you what to think.

But if I'm understanding correctly your problem is less about the message (because we should all be supporting the things said in the script) but your issue is more about the messenger or local news being the ones to say it?

I am all for honesty in news, but I fear that local news broadcasts are going to start being biased and have some sort of agenda, if it isn't happening already that is. Where I live the local news is pretty good at just reporting the news, even if it's stuff about the president and shit like Stormy Daniels or the Russian collusion they aren't offering opinions just stating what is being reported out there. I want to be optimistic here but not sure why they were all spoon fed these lines when there was no need to do so in the first place, it's like they are conditioning people to believe what they see on their television screens is the honest truth.

News broadcasts are biased though, no? Some sources like Think Progress have made themselves clear they're against Trump while sources like Fox News have established they're for Trump, or whoever is the popular right winger. Think Progress was pretty stupid when it accused Trump of wanting Hillary assassinated, and I actually thought the news was pretty good and unbiased. And then you have most right wing sources lying and spreading misinformation despite proof, especially to make Trump look good.

It's why I always say you can't go with one side or one source.

I know who its run by. But as I said before, the script itself isn't Pro-Trump. There isn't a single line that praises the president or tells you what to think.

But if I'm understanding correctly your problem is less about the message (because we should all be supporting the things said in the script) but your issue is more about the messenger or local news being the ones to say it?

Context nwo_kevin.

Local news isnt biased though. Just like PBS, they literally just report the news without any type of opinion or subjectivity.

If we're talking about TV, then I wouldn't know much, but local print news can be biased.

Also, active shooter situation at YouTube HQ in San Bruno.

Honest, unbiased news is getting hard to find. The major "news' networks are no use. CNN is 24/7 Trump scandal news, it's like nothing else is going on in the world, and I can't watch more than 2 minutes of FOX news. The snarkyness and hate filled rants from their on-air personalities is too much for me to handle. I don't really like local news as much because it's mostly depressing shit about someone getting run over on a local street or some homeless guy getting stabbed. At least with international news I get to see how shitty life is in other parts of the world, or at least I did until Trump became President, now all the news is about him.

Archived