U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it wouldn't have. It's literally a group of people who are opposing the building of the *censored*ing wall. People would try to cross the boarders here and there...but the giant group of people who are going there all at the same time specifically exists because Trump is an ass. Period.

Also, "everyone knows America has weak borders" is some stupid shit too. Canada is pretty strict with their border crossing...the east and west coasts are obviously ocean, and Mexico already does have a fence, which is already patrolled. Most of the illegal immigration doesn't even come from Mexico, it comes from other South American countries...and it comes from the oceans...in the form of overpacked boats...which a dumbass wall won't stop. People are just racist morons who think every hispanic looking person is from Mexico. Most illegals are from places like Honduras, Ecuador, El Salvador, etc. Very few of the undocumented people that I've ever known have been from Mexico...literally, maybe one.

I don't know if Trump is aware of this or if he's sucking up to the uninformed right, but most illegal immigrants come here legally on a temporary stay, but they stay longer than allowed. The irony here is that US was founded on people migrating to a safer country and stealing the land by killing Native Americans.

No, it wouldn't have. It's literally a group of people who are opposing the building of the *censored*ing wall. People would try to cross the boarders here and there...but the giant group of people who are going there all at the same time specifically exists because Trump is an ass. Period.

Also, "everyone knows America has weak borders" is some stupid shit too. Canada is pretty strict with their border crossing...the east and west coasts are obviously ocean, and Mexico already does have a fence, which is already patrolled. Most of the illegal immigration doesn't even come from Mexico, it comes from other South American countries...and it comes from the oceans...in the form of overpacked boats...which a dumbass wall won't stop. People are just racist morons who think every hispanic looking person is from Mexico. Most illegals are from places like Honduras, Ecuador, El Salvador, etc. Very few of the undocumented people that I've ever known have been from Mexico...literally, maybe one.

Yeah I bet, not in New Jersey

Yeah I bet, not in New Jersey

What is this even supposed to mean? There are plenty of undocumented workers in New Jersey. Every single job that I've ever held has utilized undocumented workers. Are you implying that there are more of other South American nationalities than Mexicans because it's New Jersey (as opposed to a place like California or Texas)? Because, again...that means nothing. Those countries are even further from Jersey than Mexico is. Why would other South American countries make it even further than Mexicans? And how would that discredit a single damn thing that I said?

Maybe it's because "Mexicans are lazy and they only make it as far as the border states" *Rim shot*...Again, all of the anti-immigration rhetoric that I've ever heard has been built around ignorance. It's all dumb as shit. Mexicans are not trying to flood into the United States. Plain and simple...it isn't a real thing that's happening. They definitely make drug deals across the boarders...but I certainly don't give a shit about that. Most of your hispanic immigrants are from other South American countries that are enduring hardships. If you used common sense, you'd know why that's the way things are. People strive to leave places that are hard on them. Mexico ain't even that bad. Mexico is certainly expansive enough that you could travel from one place to another and have more room to grow.

most illegal immigrants come here legally on a temporary stay, but they stay longer than allowed

Another solid point.

And there is absolutely no reasonable way to stop this from happening either.

That's because deporting isn't the issue.

Deporting is part of a logical process (It makes sense to deport people who aren't here legally).

The issue is with building a dumb ass wall that costs a shit ton, killing the dreamers act, threatening our allied countries with tariffs, etc. The issue has never been about deporting people who aren't here legally...the issue is with being a piece of human garbage whilst doing it.

Deporting is part of a logical process (It makes sense to deport people who aren't here legally).

The issue is with building a dumb ass wall that costs a shit ton, killing the dreamers act, threatening our allied countries with tariffs, etc. The issue has never been about deporting people who aren't here legally...the issue is with being a piece of human garbage whilst doing it.

While I can respect you saying that, if this issue wasn't partly about deporting people who are here illegally than we wouldn't have sanctuary cities or events like in Colorado where that illegal immigrant was charged with vehicular homicide and essentially let free despite being wanted by US Immigration enforcement. Sadly there are plenty of people who think that immigrants can just come over illegally and do whatever they want and its OK.

Aren't sanctuary cities more about defending the right of those immigrants to actually become citizens? I'm pretty sure that's the idea there. The people have escaped immense hardship to come here. All that the sanctuary cities are meant to do, is say "okay...you can be here while you work on the proper avenues to citizenship". It's a buffer against a person like Trump saying "turn around and go back where you came from" (which is certain death for a lot of those people).

Aren't sanctuary cities more about defending the right of those immigrants to actually become citizens? I'm pretty sure that's the idea there. The people have escaped immense hardship to come here. All that the sanctuary cities are meant to do, is say "okay...you can be here while you work on the proper avenues to citizenship". It's a buffer against a person like Trump saying "turn around and go back where you came from" (which is certain death for a lot of those people).

Nope the only are used to protect people from not getting deported or face immigration laws Sanctuary cities pretty much means police can't ask you or get information on your citizenship

Deporting is an issue though, otherwise why would a lot of left and liberals get mad at Trump for wanting to deport illegal immigrants and even give ICE more power?

So on a lesser scale I've been debating about whether or not I should ask you guys but it's bothering me and I'm curious. Especially for those of you that have.kids, how do you feel about Utah's free range parenting bill that passed not too long ago?

Personally, the ages of children that this generally affects, which I'll say is like 6-12, I was overseas on a military base. Not to say bad things can't happen on bases but I think the environment that I was put into was far safer so my parents had alot less to worry about. At thru same time, I remember being 5 or 6 before going across the water having the ability to ride anywhere in my neighborhood which prolly stretched a half mile easy any direction, maybe more. Had anything happened to me, moms prolly would've gotten hit with neglect charges. She put that trust in me to abide by the minuscule rules she set and I was expected to abide by them.

I'm sitting here wondering, if I had a 6 year old playing in the yard and one of their friends comes over who is the same age but no parents in sight, how I would feel if I couldn't pick up a rock and hit their house with it. Even though I turned out okay and loved the lack of boundaries, I wonder if I stopped by that.kid's house.to.visit their parents, I ask where's the kid and they tell me "I don't know" and something happens to the kid, would I get mad at the parent for be irresponsible and not eyeing their child like a hawk or simply be angry with whoever took/hurt the child.

Haven't reaaaaaally been to Utah like that. Technically I worked there for a Summer, lived in Arizona but the job was a few minutes across the border, different timezone but we worked off AZ's, so I don't know if the way of life is just different there, but evil exists everywhere. I can't be a hypocrite and be mad that this bill is based on case-to-case as opposed to having an actual age limit that it applies to because I was just talking the other day here about knowing logical youths.

Moms did good, but I really can't say if I'd let my 6 or 7 year old have that level of free reign no matter how mature they appeared to be because, if something happened to them, damn right I wanna be held responsible for it.

Sorry for.the.novel. Honestly I wasn't expecting that. Thumbs just kept goin

Sweet.

Even though it was a boxing match I halfway expect someone to come in here and scold me for cheering violence against what I assume is an avid Trump supporter.

It'll be bdon and Kevin, because apparently it's not good to punch a Nazi leader but it's okay to kill an antifa.

What? What did I do? Just adding how the right apparently hate any sort of violence towards their ilk, claiming we should get along, but they're okay with violence towards with left, antifas, or Muslims.

Sweet.

Even though it was a boxing match I halfway expect someone to come in here and scold me for cheering violence against what I assume is an avid Trump supporter.

It'll be bdon and Kevin, because apparently it's not good to punch a Nazi leader but it's okay to kill an antifa.

I'll send you $100 Paypal right now if you can show me a time where I said its OK to kill an antifa

I'm waiting

Archived