U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

RIP Barbara. Lived through her husband and son's failed presidencies and another son's failed run as a candidate, and all three became laughingstocks or close to it as result. Still persevered. :(

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know I think Barbara Bush is only person that can say that she's related to 3 different presidents

Bush Jr an Sr. Who is the 3rd?

Was gonna say...where does a third come in?

Also, she's not exactly staking that claim to fame anyway, since the whole "passing away" thing...

The only reason we are in Syria is for the oil, like every war. That is why the UN White Helmets staged that chemical attack and blame it on Assad. These *censored*ers should change up their game a little bit. They're becoming too predictable with their propaganda.

Never heard of him until now but apparently he was the 14th US president for one whole term. He was president just before the civil war and supported slavery and other shady acts. Guess that's why you don't hear much about him.

Franklin Pierce is routinely ranked as one of the worst President's ever:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_presidents_of_the_United_States

Hence why nobody really ever speaks well of the guy or mentions him.

Never heard of him until now but apparently he was the 14th US president for one whole term. He was president just before the civil war and supported slavery and other shady acts. Guess that's why you don't hear much about him.

Now there a lot of President u never hear from,mosty cuz nothing major historical happen in there terms

Now there a lot of President u never hear from,mosty cuz nothing major historical happen in there terms

Was going to say this. Have been studying US presidents lately (shut up, don't judge me) and I can't say that I was taught much about Martin Van Buren, Millard Fillmore, William McKinley and others in high school.

Protesters are quite annoying with trying to shut down a Starbucks store for racially profiling two black men. They're hurting innocent employees and preventing them from doing their jobs.

What did the store do? Did they refuse service because of them being black or something?

Loitering and then refusing to leave.

From my understanding they were never told and the employees called the cops after 2 mins? Or has something else been found out?

What did the store do? Did they refuse service because of them being black or something?

The store manager (I think?) called the cops on two black men waiting for someone to meet up with them, apparently two minutes after they walked in the store, without even talking to them. They weren't even loitering, unless some new info popped up.

And on that subject, a friend on FB complained about how people were talking about this (which they should, as it shows racial issues since white people who do the same rarely ever get reported) but were quiet about two cops being ambushed and killed. It was ironic and also made it more clear that Blue Lives Matter and the right truly are divisive.

Protesters are quite annoying with trying to shut down a Starbucks store for racially profiling two black men. They're hurting innocent employees and preventing them from doing their jobs.

I'm not entirely sure on this...but wouldn't the employees be compensated in one form or another? Surely, a big corporate entity like Starbucks should offer some form of job security in the event of one of their stores being randomly closed down for the day. I even read that they started offering paid sick leave. So, maybe they just use sick days for those people and they get paid anyway.

Not saying it makes sense to boycott all of Starbucks for the actions of one idiot...just saying, I'm thinking that Starbucks can cover their employees being inconvenienced for a day or so. At least, they should be able to.

I'm not talking about a day or so, I'm talking permanent, unless you read something different. If the protesters manage to get the store closed permanently or for a long while, that'll financially hurt the employees. I doubt Starbucks can or will offer job security unless other locations are usually short of help.

Though, people who don't care about racial issues are upset Starbucks is closing for a day for racial profiling training, which is ridiculous. They're probably privileged or lucky to not have faced discrimination to not understand why this is a good thing.

You go over the top way more than I do, you of all people shouldn't be telling anyone to calm down.

And there was a supermarket store close to where I live that closed down permanently because a small group of people were picketing it. In a normal world can protesters cause a store to close permanently or for a long while.

I don't give a shit about repercussions the company might feel, they can afford it. It's the employees that might not. And even if they could, there's still no reason for protesters to be shitheads.

Loitering and then refusing to leave.

From my understanding they were never told and the employees called the cops after 2 mins? Or has something else been found out?

Depends on what story you hear. They were told the bathroom was for paying customers only for sure. They admitted that. I think this whole thing is blown out of proportion. There isn't enough information to determine if anyone was being racist in this situation. As of right now it looks like they didn't follow the rules. We don't know what happened before the camera was rolling to know if them getting the cops called on them was justified or not.

It seems a little bit like overkill from what little we know, however this shouldn't be turned into some civil rights act when this is a genuine rule for many businesses. If she in fact did something wrong then sure, she deserves to be fired. There is simply not enough evidence there to support either side. The fact this has made national coverage just shows how we as a country care very little about our real problems. Since the SJW's haven't had any coverage for a few weeks due to David Hogg they had to latch on the next ridiculous event and make victims out of two more guys that really could've just left. I wouldn't step foot into a business like Starbucks anyway. They are as pretentious as the asshole customers they get that spend hours in their establishments writing their novels on their Macbooks.

Has there been any reports or actual evidence of this establishment or this manager being racist in the past? I haven't seen anything if so. Had they ordered a small coffee then I doubt any of this would've happened. Like I said we don't actually know what was said or done before that lady started recording.

Archived