U.S. Politics Discussion

maskedmaniac

He was just joking when he said that of u Acturlly watch it but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes sooner or later soon-to-be weapons of war in Satellite form

Just because he tries (keyword being tries) to pass something as a joke doesn't mean he wasn't serious about it. That's a tried and tested technique for saying some stupid shit and still having a way to walk away from it. I guarantee you, he was serious about it. Just look at the way he tries to pass that shit off. He actually tells the *censored*ing story of how he said that during a meeting. He only passes it as a joke because everyone in that meeting probably laughed at his goofy ass. That's like pissing yourself, and then saying "Hahaha...that was pretty funny, wasn't it guys?"

If you're making a joke, you just make the joke...you don't say "I wasn't being serious when I said that thing before"...

Also, a satellite having a nuclear warhead would be a direct violation of armament agreements (and therefore should not be joked about). Secondly, I'm 99.99% sure this dude was talking about spacecraft that fly around and engage in actual "Star Wars"...with laser guns that go "pew pew" and all that shit.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think gun laws would be a lot more effective if you just get rid of States laws on guns because they vary from place to place so we just need love that blanket the country every state has the same laws

Ummm...No thanks

Why not it,make gun laws lot,simpler then going state by state

I think gun laws would be a lot more effective if you just get rid of States laws on guns because they vary from place to place so we just need love that blanket the country every state has the same laws

Ummm...No thanks

Why not it,make gun laws lot,simpler then going state by state

A. It's not that simple of a solution. B. Not everyone thinks the same in every state or region of the country. I don't want the federal government telling me I have to abide by the same laws because California and the like doesn't like it. You're willing to give up other's rights just to simplify it? That's opposite of liberty and individualism for one. And two, you better provide some serious evidence to convince me and millions of others that that's the proper solution.

If the democrats win in a landslide, then that'll tell us just how bad Trump has been. Have the opposite party to the president ever had lopsided victories?

Bush winning again was pretty odd though, but then again the right tend to stick with each other.

This is the link I was using:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_midterm_election

Democrats lost 63 seats in the house during Obama's first term and 6 seats in the senate. Likewise in Bush's second term the republicans lost 30 seats in the house and 6 seats in the senate.

So yes, landslides can happen and to quote the site "over the past 21 midterm elections, the President's party has lost an average 30 seats in the House, and an average 4 seats in the Senate"

Ah. If this past year is any indication, the coming midterm election might increase the average significantly. Lot of Trump protesters aren't happy, and they've realized they could have prevented him from coming into power if more voted. And on top of that, strong red states have either been challenged by or lost to blue.

Raising these purchase ages to 21 I'm starting to realize is dumb logic. "The mind isn't fully developed..." bullsheeit. You can still join the armed forces at 17, right? What does this really solve?

Raising these purchase ages to 21 I'm starting to realize is dumb logic. "The mind isn't fully developed..." bullsheeit. You can still join the armed forces at 17, right? What does this really solve?

They're not recruiting people into the army for their minds but rather their bodies.

making it harder for kids to buy guns and shoot up high schools.

You do know most mass shooters have been over 21 right?

Most school shooters aren't though?

Wait a *censored*ing minute!

You're saying the purchase age wasn't already at 21? o.o

What. the. *Censored*. America

Most school shooters aren't though?

Those kids didn't obtain them by purchase. Laws are already there for that. Any other way would have been them illegally obtaining them.

Wait a *censored*ing minute!

You're saying the purchase age wasn't already at 21? o.o

What. the. *Censored*. America

Right? Minimum age of 18 to buy "long guns" and ammo for long guns from licensed sellers. 21 and up for everything else

I'm gonna chock the 18 limit up to hunting aspects as traditionally you wouldn't go hunting with a handgun, but what the actual *Censored*

"Naw you can't buy this booze. The hell you on bwoi? Oh, you can get this shottie doe"

1. Parkland shooter was 19.

2. I'm talking about kids who buy guns legally and shoot up high schools.

3. I get what you're saying, and a lot of kids like the Newtown school shooter had guns because his mom legally bought them.

4. Before you go crazy and overreact, I did not say we should ban or make it harder for parents to get guns.

1. Parkland shooter was 19.

2. I'm talking about kids who buy guns legally and shoot up high schools.

3. I get what you're saying, and a lot of kids like the Newtown school shooter had guns because his mom legally bought them.

4. Before you go crazy and overreact, I did not say we should ban or make it harder for parents to get guns.

So where do we go from here now? We see that whether these things are bought legally or taken from their parents this still happens. So what's the plan since laws don't work?

Better background checks, parents doing a better job of teaching their kids responsible use of guns and locking up guns better, and etc. Punish parents if they haven't done a good job locking up guns or not educating their kids on gun safety, etc.

Places of business, schools, police, and military should be making sure incidents are reported as necessary and the background check process will work properly.

On the parents getting punished thing, we need to be careful and consider circumstances. There's a point to be made about parenting here for sure but we don't want to go too far.

It's not going too far when it could be considered negligence. Parents are just as responsible or should be responsible if they own guns but don't teach their kids on how to use it safely or be safe around guns.

It's not going too far when it could be considered negligence. Parents are just as responsible or should be responsible if they own guns but don't teach their kids on how to use it safely or be safe around guns.

But accidents happen to everyone. As I said if the situation calls for it then it can be considered. But not all cases are negligence and not all are the same either. Still have to tread carefully.

The mind is probably mostly developed by like 12-13 years old; As made evident by all of the people who stopped learning after that age. I mean, as soon as you can make a conscious decision to stop learning...that means you have probably mentally developed as far as you can go.

Isn't that a fair assessment?

If you can consciously say "I don't want to learn new things anymore"...then your mind has matured to the point where you have taken the wheel and said "this shit is mine". And that doesn't mean that people need to wait longer to mature...it probably just means that you decided to be an ignorant scrub (instead of learning what life is about.) :lol:

But accidents happen to everyone. As I said if the situation calls for it then it can be considered. But not all cases are negligence and not all are the same either. Still have to tread carefully.

Accidents with guns shouldn't happen, especially if guns aren't properly locked up. These kinds of accidents can mostly be prevented.

The mind is probably mostly developed by like 12-13 years old; As made evident by all of the people who stopped learning after that age. I mean, as soon as you can make a conscious decision to stop learning...that means you have probably mentally developed as far as you can go.

Isn't that a fair assessment?

If you can consciously say "I don't want to learn new things anymore"...then your mind has matured to the point where you have taken the wheel and said "this shit is mine". And that doesn't mean that people need to wait longer to mature...it probably just means that you decided to be an ignorant scrub (instead of learning what life is about.) :lol:

Are these "alternative" facts or is there an actual scientific source? The mind is by no means fully developed by age 13. The reason why a lot of people don't want to learn anything at that age is because they are entering their teenage years and are more concerned with other shit that has nothing to do with academics. As people mature more they begin to realize they will have to learn, learn, and learn some more if they want to get ahead of everybody else. Those that truly decide to stop learning after that age usually have to pick up a trade job that uses their physical natural born skills instead. That's my take on it from my own personal observations through the years.

Umm...I was mostly joking. Thought the laughing emoji represented that fairly well.

Depends what your definition of "fully developed" is, though. It definitely does not simply mean that you've learned everything you can learn...because the human brain is never fully developed in that sense. So, you're talking about the capacity for learning. I don't claim to know where that capacity truly begins or ends...and it's probably different for every single person on the planet. That said, I think people still learn fairly early on that things like drugs and alcohol have a negative effect on your health, and that guns are capable of killing people. I think you're capable of understanding all of that from pretty much as early as people are there to teach you about it, tbh.

I get the concept of that, but man is it sticky once you start leaning that way. There have been situations like that where they go even younger, kids like 8, that their parents allow the child's word to be the law of the land. Parents who let their child have control and cower in fear to any negativity from them. If that child says they don't want to go to school, ever again, because it's stupid, parent says "aight das coo". Kid says they just wanna eat and watch Tv and the parents oblige. If that's all they want to do and move forward in the rest of their lives like that, can we called that fully developed? Child makes a demand and the parents enable it and that's all they know until death. In their 30s still living with mom, no job, no chores, just "gimme gimme" and mom obeys. Can we say that now "adult" his a mind that was fully developed at age 8?

For me there's no such thing as fully developed in the mind. If you're still learning, anything at all, you're still progressing in some form. I've known pre-teens, intelligent, well-mannered, logical young souls and I've known people in their 40 that are gaddam space cadets, just absolutely clueless human beings. Judging a mind by the years it's been functioning and not much else has always been one of the dumbest things a person could ever do imo

Edit: Had trouble posting this earlier because of connection issues and forgot it was sitting there so submitted just now. Joke or otherwise I'm leaving it as is

Archived