Step-by-Step Submission System Tutorial

The New Blueguy

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 Yes Locks just applied to a created superstar with stats set to the lowest. Not one submission worked. I rotate the stick to the left, the bar starts going left then does what it likes and starts going right. My thumb isnt moving right, the analogue stick isnt moving right, why is the red bar moving right? Is that a nuance I need to learn?

5 Yes Locks just applied to a created superstar with stats set to the lowest. Not one submission worked. I rotate the stick to the left, the bar starts going left then does what it likes and starts going right. My thumb isnt moving right, the analogue stick isnt moving right, why is the red bar moving right? Is that a nuance I need to learn?

Firstly, remember that while you need stamina to boost, stamina also has an effect on how controllable your bar is. More stamina = easier time. But here's the thing as many have said, DON'T rotate it constantly. Flicks to the left or right, a lot of the time, will do the trick.

You might've seen in the video I posted earlier that the important thing is to force the AI in to a pattern that's easy to predict. Chasing the bar is simply going to cause a loss.

Also, make sure you don't abuse the boost button. Doing so may speed you up but it also makes it harder to control. Use it almost exclusively for quick stop and reverses of direction.

Right.

So I was up late last night trying to do this. I've now spent about 6 hours doing nothing submission matches and I feel no better at it now than I did my first attempt. I've played many, many wrestling games including Japanese imports. I've also played many UFC games.

I understand how different submissions and game mechanisms work including the one in WWE 2K16. I get it, I understand it and my strong belief is that it's not working as intended. When on the attack the bar does not move for about a second, depleting the inner circle. When it does move it's slow and unpredictable, changinf direction by itself and never moving to where you expect it to. After 6 hours of trying to "learn" how to use this I'm marking this up as bugged.

In my 6 hours, I managed only two wins. After making Zack Ryder tap out to Daniel Bryan I immediately tried to the Bret Hart/Austin challenge. The match went 40mins but I got him by sheer luck of the orb appearing right next to my bar and me already moving in that direction.

---

I'm actually going to issue a challenge of my own. I've seen the Youtube videos of people getting the submission system to work but why not show it in real time? Maybe everyone that's struggling will learn something.

So, to anyone of you guys having absolutely no issues with this - put up a Twitch stream of you playing so we can watch you get the AI to tap live. The PS4 and XboxOne but have Twitch built in, no excuses, let's go, give us peons a masterclass!

Every time I think I'm getting better at this, I'm reminded that it's complete ass.

Been defeated twice by Dude Love in the Showcase mode by a stupid submission move that I couldn't get out of. Mind you, Austin is not even badly injured when this is applied. I dominate the match fully up to the one point, and then Dude puts me in this move, and I can't get out of it. And it's not a cinematic portion of the game, but he's done the same sequence twice now, at the exact same time in the match...like clockwork. It's like the game is programmed to say "oh...the submission system is garbage, so let's make you fail your objective now"...

it will probably happen again...but I rage-quit after two times. Can't deal with this game's shit right now.

I honestly tried to make a video on how to use the submission system better, but I can't figure out how to explain it. It's really hard to explain.

I will say a lot whos saying its IMPOSSIBLE, it's not. I tap people out in most matches that I try.

Tapping people out is not the problem...escaping submissions is. I have tapped people out before. That portion of things is easier. The "impossible" part...and I use that term loosely, because I know it is not technically impossible...(just butt-rape with no lube hard)...is escaping submissions. I would say 95% of the time when I find myself in a submission, the red is over the blue in a fraction of a second, and no matter which way I rotate...and whether I do it quickly or as slow as molasses, I'm tapping out in about 2 seconds or less. And there doesn't seem to be any difference whether you're in a submission with no damage, or whether you're yellow, orange, or red. And that's what annoys me the most. The colors take up more room in the slider I guess...the more damage you have, but even when they are small, it isn't any easier to avoid the opponent. The system always works exacltly the same...whether you should be able to escape easily or not. How can I possibly escape when the opponent's color just stays over top of mine, no matter what I do?

Please do make a video showing yourself escaping submissions at various stages of damage.You don't even need to narrate it...just do it so I can see proof that someone on this planet can actually make this system work. I need proof for the sake of my sanity.

I guess the most frustrating thing about this system is just how quickly the gauges fill. Could I escape the other color if the gauge filled slower? Yeah...I probably could. But it fills so goddamn quickly. And same for when the opponent is escaping...their color drains so goddamn quickly. The entire scenario takes place in the span of like 2-3 seconds tops.

Also, "step-up" is not the proper name for this system. There is only one step...a tug-of-war between two colors. If this actually was a step-up system, it would give the player more (and different) opportunities to escape. Which I would be fine with. Say...the first step is a thing that rotates and you need to stop within the color. And the second step was the system that we currently have with the tug of war. I would be fine with that...because I would probably get out every time in the first step.

i have YET to make anyone tap. it avoids me like the god damn plague. and they only time i can get out, is if its early in the match. i absolutely *censored*ing HATE this new system. for me personally, its really sucking the fun out of the game for me with how frustrating it is. i'll be definitely looking for the last gen version of 2K16 during Black Friday.

i think one of the main problems is its hard to go into a submission attempt confident that the opponent will tap, even if youve beaten that body part to a pulp and most of the time it just feels like luck, and if it doesnt work, your stamina is completely drained, leaving you at a disadvantage for the rest of the match

I actually love the system. Best advice I can give is don't chase the opponent's meter. Predict which direction he's going and go the opposit direction.

Also don't hold down the stick, tap it in the direction.

I honestly tried to make a video on how to use the submission system better, but I can't figure out how to explain it. It's really hard to explain.

I will say a lot whos saying its IMPOSSIBLE, it's not. I tap people out in most matches that I try.

Same.

When you have to "predict" anything, it's a broken system. Submissions aren't based on predictions in real life, they're based on technical prowess. I'd literally prefer anything to the 2K16 system. Hell...I'd literally rather do the hacking mini game from Bioshock with the tubes that fill with liquid in a time limit. As little sense as that makes for a wrestling game, it still makes more sense than "oh...you have to predict where to go". If we're predicting things, then they might as well make it a slot machine, or a variation of the shell game.

When you have to "predict" anything, it's a broken system. Submissions aren't based on predictions in real life, they're based on technical prowess. I'd literally prefer anything to the 2K16 system. Hell...I'd literally rather do the hacking mini game from Bioshock with the tubes that fill with liquid in a time limit. As little sense as that makes for a wrestling game, it still makes more sense than "oh...you have to predict where to go". If we're predicting things, then they might as well make it a slot machine, or a variation of the shell game.

Predicting may be the wrong word. I just know if the AI goes left, I go right.

It feels like a power struggle and a race without button mashing.

It took me time but I'm finally getting the hang of it and I dig it. Old system was too easy. I never tapped and that was no fun. I like not knowing if I'll get lucky enough to get out or if the other guy won't tap.

All I know is, if I go left, the AI goes the same damn way when performing a submission, and it tracks me everywhere I go, regardless of changing direction...almost like it's programmed to always know what I'm going to do. And when I'm performing a submission, the AI avoids me in the same manner. I'm sure this system works great against an actual player...be that online or local play. But it doesn't work at all against the AI...which is seemingly programmed to ruin your life.

All I know is, if I go left, the AI goes the same damn way when performing a submission, and it tracks me everywhere I go, regardless of changing direction...almost like it's programmed to always know what I'm going to do. And when I'm performing a submission, the AI avoids me in the same manner. I'm sure this system works great against an actual player...be that online or local play. But it doesn't work at all against the AI...which is seemingly programmed to ruin your life.

I honestly can't speak for your game as I'm not seeing it, but I exclusively play against the AI and I'm not struggling half as bad as you are it seems.

I honestly can't speak for your game as I'm not seeing it, but I exclusively play against the AI and I'm not struggling half as bad as you are it seems.

That's what I'm feeling. I know it's odd...but I think some games react differently than others. I just want a patch to make the system work as I think it's meant to. If it worked in the way that common logic dictates it should work, I wouldn't have a problem with it...but it doesn't. And it seems odd to me that so many people are so divided on this subject, which is why I think it's just broken in some copies and not in others.

It doesn't make sense for so many people to skip right over "this is a challenge" to "this is literally impossible". There has to be something else happening here.

so, i went into the options, i set the difficulty to easy, removed the reversal limit, lowered the stamina drain, played a match 1v1 match, i was Bret Hart against Miz. every time i did something, i would let my stamina meter refill (i kept it as the light blue) made Miz's head and torso red, tried doing the non finisher submission achievement. every time the red circle was about to be full, the AI said "nope not today asshole" and avoided me. and Miz would escape. the match went for like 40 mins. i applied 9 sleeper holds, 6 camel clutchs, 7 abdominal stretches all while Miz's damage was red and i still could not make him submit. i said screw it, gave miz a piledriver and pinned him. *Censored* this new system. they should bring back the tug of war meter.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for that, very helpful. I've found the rocking motion you suggested works well. I'm only just about grasping the concept but it is still extremely difficult and slightly annoying when you go to finish the match with a finisher submission to have your opponent kick in little to no time due to my poor ability to control those damn sliders!

I'm surprised that so many people have a hard time with the Submission system. I think it's probably the perfect difficulty and it allows you to escape Camel Clutches and Boston Crabs that would usually prematurely end a match back with the older systems as you actually have a chance to get out just like the current Pin System.

Archived