Step-by-Step Submission System Tutorial

The New Blueguy

Got the achievement for "tap, tap, tap" today...but I needed to set the game on easy, play as Bret Hart, play against a shit opponent (think I used Santino), and I still consider myself mostly lucky for getting it. I think Ernez told me to try moving the meter slowly...I did that, but the system is still ass. It feels like it reverses the direction you're trying to go without your consent. I can't even explain how broken it feels to me. But I'm glad that I got the achievement...so I can stop giving a rat's ass about it (until I submit every time I'm put in a hold, anyway).

That's the problem with this mechanic tho...it literally feels like it reverses your chosen direction without you moving the stick that way. You start to go one way...and then you're just automatically going the opposite way. It makes no sense.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the achievement for "tap, tap, tap" today...but I needed to set the game on easy, play as Bret Hart, play against a shit opponent (think I used Santino), and I still consider myself mostly lucky for getting it. I think Ernez told me to try moving the meter slowly...I did that, but the system is still ass. It feels like it reverses the direction you're trying to go without your consent. I can't even explain how broken it feels to me. But I'm glad that I got the achievement...so I can stop giving a rat's ass about it (until I submit every time I'm put in a hold, anyway).

That's the problem with this mechanic tho...it literally feels like it reverses your chosen direction without you moving the stick that way. You start to go one way...and then you're just automatically going the opposite way. It makes no sense.

i totally get what you're saying. i feel the exact same way.

I think that's why I'm having trouble with the new system. It's weird though because moving the analog stick for chain wrestling is so accurate and moves exactly how it should yet it's a completely different story for submissions.

I think that's why I'm having trouble with the new system. It's weird though because moving the analog stick for chain wrestling is so accurate and moves exactly how it should yet it's a completely different story for submissions.

this system has built in acceleration and deceleration. it takes awhile to get going and takes awhile to stop - like skating on ice. that's why you should make smaller movements and use boost, sparingly, to change direction. it allows you to change directions quicker but does have a longer deceleration time.

Spent the whole match beating the shit out of Enzo with Kalisto. 2 finishers and he still kicks out. Beat him bloody with a chair for about 5 minutes. He gets a reversal, single leg crab and I can't get out. Tap, tap, tap. I dig this game a Hell of a lot; massive improvement. I'm hoping I'll learn to love the new submission system but that match did annoy me.

The submission system needs a patch to be...less severe. I understand learning curves, but this is too much. It needs to be toned down a little bit. I know there are people out there who think this system works great...but they are few and far between. They need to rein it in a bit...for casual play. Ideally, the game should have had options to change the severity of the system to begin with.

The submission system needs a patch to be...less severe. I understand learning curves, but this is too much. It needs to be toned down a little bit. I know there are people out there who think this system works great...but they are few and far between. They need to rein it in a bit...for casual play. Ideally, the game should have had options to change the severity of the system to begin with.

This. There's nothing wrong with learning curves, but something this steep for a CASUAL sports game is just horse ****.

I've been doing nothing all day but practicing submissions and I just can't get it.

I understand totally what I have to do I get that but it's just very unresponsive.

I move the stick to go in one direction and it goes but when I go to move the stick so my bar goes in the other direction to catch the defender it's like it's not moving the way I want to and almost like I have no control over it.

For me the sensitivity needs increasing slightly.

I wouldn't say it's broken but it needs tweeking. It's very sluggish.

And also this is a few people who have no skill or won't learn the new system blah blah blah but a lot of people are having trouble with it.

At the end of the day these games are suppose to be challenging but fun, and a lot of people aren't finding it fun at all (some are but a lot aren't).

It's a shame there isn't a training option in the game like in a few past games, that would be great for this.

Down with this tbh.

I'm sorry but seriously *Censored* this system. I thought I was getting the hang of it but it was a fluke. I hate it!

There's nothing wrong with the concept of it, it's the execution.

It's just too unresponsive and just doesn't give you enough time to fill up the circle.

I'm literally moving the stick in one direction and it's going in a totally different one.

For those who are enjoying it congrats to you but this just ain't fun for me I'm sorry.

I created a CAW with basically no attributes at all to practice on. No submission defense or anything and it's still exactly the same as someone with that stat maxed out!

The bar is still moving in whatever direction it likes and and the opponents bar is still constantly one step ahead of me. I thought lowering his attribute stats might make the bar move slower or make it slightly easier to catch but nope exactly the same as before.

What I truly don't understand is I can escape submissions easily! It's when your the attacker it sucks.

I created a CAW with basically no attributes at all to practice on. No submission defense or anything and it's still exactly the same as someone with that stat maxed out!

The bar is still moving in whatever direction it likes and and the opponents bar is still constantly one step ahead of me. I thought lowering his attribute stats might make the bar move slower or make it slightly easier to catch but nope exactly the same as before.

What I truly don't understand is I can escape submissions easily! It's when your the attacker it sucks.

I'm actually having the exact opposite. I can get a submission win fairly easy now, but when I'm being submitted I can't escape worth a damn. I had to tap out to Ryback out of all people smh.

Interesting note - even the CPU has trouble making the CPU submit. I turned it to legend and pitted Daniel Bryan against Rusev, in a submission match, and they've been going for over 4 hours already; and they're constantly going for the submission. I think that says it right there. The AI of the game can't handle the game mechanics. There's an issue.

Lmao, I hope you're exaggerating about going on 4 hours. If not, then that is a major problem that desperately needs fixing.

I am not exaggerating. Started it at 2:53pm, it is now 7:07pm for me. I can't count how many times they've put submissions on eachother, but there's only been like 2 rope breaks.

Archived