Step-by-Step Submission System Tutorial

The New Blueguy

I think we just need an option for those that want it to be way easier vs. the cpu. I think it's probably tuned perfectly for PVP. For instance I have story lines in my head that I use in my Universe and I have difficulty with the submission system so I tend not to use it that often in my stories, which means I also give characters like Rusev an alternate finisher that isn't a submission. It's ok, but when you have characters like Daniel Bryan and Bret Hart that are submission experts it's weird not having them win that way.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

I've tried to help people as best I can, however i'm also gonna say that just like in Dark Souls, sometimes you just have to "git gud".

I've used your help vids, but some of us don't have every hour of our waking day to "git gud". Thwy can keep this new nonsense if they want bit I'd much prefer button mashing as an option for us casual gamers.

I've tried to help people as best I can, however i'm also gonna say that just like in Dark Souls, sometimes you just have to "git gud".

I've used your help vids, but some of us don't have every hour of our waking day to "git gud". Thwy can keep this new nonsense if they want bit I'd much prefer button mashing as an option for us casual gamers.

Button mashing doesn't even work though.

I had no trouble with it. Looked to be logically based on the damage of the defender and the stamina of the attacker. I thought the new system would be similar but the swings and roundabouts approach doesn't make sense to me. Could just be me getting old though.

Not only didn't it work, it cost me a fortune in replacing controllers, and caused damage to my thumbs! I for one am glad button mashing is history tbh.

I'm not a huge fan of the current submission system either, but don't hate it however, A bit of tinkering here and there, and it should be good I reckon.

I had no trouble with it. Looked to be logically based on the damage of the defender and the stamina of the attacker. I thought the new system would be similar but the swings and roundabouts approach doesn't make sense to me. Could just be me getting old though.

Button mashing was not even a system.

It was impossible to win if the person in the submission wasn't red.

It was impossible to lose it the person in the submission was red.

Had nothing to do with Stamina. Just plain, old, thumb-and-controller-destruction

If they want to to to toggle spinning go back to the 08 submission system. Oh and I got out of a submission today! shame I lost 7 matches by submission in MyCareer tho

Ahh, the old "i dun have all day to get bettar obviously you must do so" shyte. Not going to dignify that.

Not saying you have to respond, nor that you have all day either (shouldn't assume; ASS U ME, etc.). I am saying that I have a wife, two kids, a job and friends. When I get time to play, I prefer to just enjoy it rather than shut down frustrated. Maybe button mashing is not the way to go, but there has to be something that has balance for the casual gamer and the hardcore nut alike.

Ahh, the old "i dun have all day to get bettar obviously you must do so" shyte. Not going to dignify that.

Not saying you have to respond, nor that you have all day either (shouldn't assume; ASS U ME, etc.). I am saying that I have a wife, two kids, a job and friends. When I get time to play, I prefer to just enjoy it rather than shut down frustrated. Maybe button mashing is not the way to go, but there has to be something that has balance for the casual gamer and the hardcore nut alike.

I'd be perfectly fine with 2K adding in a separate difficulty setting for submissions, but I'd prefer they NOT take away the new system as I find it much better than button mashing.

One change I would make, however, is to have it around the border of the screen the way UFC 3 did it (since its practically the same system save for some small differences).

I'm jobbing out hard, *Censored* this system

escaping a submission is definitely a lot harder than making someone tap.

Well...that would be the logical conclusion :P

i guess so, but it's not like Yukes to do something logical lol

Yeah I definitely agree with that. It makes playing with my favorite Bret Hart almost no fun because I can't make anyone tap out with the sharpshooter. I can't overlap the opponents bar for more than a few seconds and once they get away it's impossible to catch them again. I really hope this system only lasts one year and they come up with something way, WAY better next game.

Use the pendulum or full circle technique, and only use stamina to burst quick turns. Do not rush it, half the time I see people fail at submissions, its because they decide to rush it.

The trouble for me seems to be that as the submission starts, I'm on one side of the circle and my opponent is on the other side, so I use my stamina to over lap them, and as soon as I do that they seem to use their own stamina to quickly get away, now I'm out of stamina and back at the same place we started at.

That's exactly what happens with me. I used to be able to tap someone easily using GMP's advice, but now it's pretty much useless. As soon as I overlap their bar once, they just boost so fast it's nearly impossible.

The only way I found to submit the A.I. was to constantly boost right behind them in full circles. But I would need at least 2 full tiers of stamina just to do that, otherwise I'll run out and they escape once again.

The trouble for me seems to be that as the submission starts, I'm on one side of the circle and my opponent is on the other side, so I use my stamina to over lap them, and as soon as I do that they seem to use their own stamina to quickly get away, now I'm out of stamina and back at the same place we started at.

That right there is where you are going wrong. Only use the boast for quick changes in direction. Another piece of advice, don't go for the submission right off the bat. That will NEVER work. If you're playing as a guy like Ric Flair and want to make someone tap to the Figure 4, spend some time working down the legs. You'll be so surprised as to how easy it becomes, as the opponent's blue bar gets bigger the more you wear down that body part.

Archived