Step-by-Step Submission System Tutorial

The New Blueguy

The trouble for me seems to be that as the submission starts, I'm on one side of the circle and my opponent is on the other side, so I use my stamina to over lap them, and as soon as I do that they seem to use their own stamina to quickly get away, now I'm out of stamina and back at the same place we started at.

That right there is where you are going wrong. Only use the boast for quick changes in direction. Another piece of advice, don't go for the submission right off the bat. That will NEVER work. If you're playing as a guy like Ric Flair and want to make someone tap to the Figure 4, spend some time working down the legs. You'll be so surprised as to how easy it becomes, as the opponent's blue bar gets bigger the more you wear down that body part.

Pity they don't really follow that process on the shows any more. Just slap it on and get a tap out. Old school matches had a definate working over the body part before going for the submission.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trouble for me seems to be that as the submission starts, I'm on one side of the circle and my opponent is on the other side, so I use my stamina to over lap them, and as soon as I do that they seem to use their own stamina to quickly get away, now I'm out of stamina and back at the same place we started at.

That right there is where you are going wrong. Only use the boast for quick changes in direction. Another piece of advice, don't go for the submission right off the bat. That will NEVER work. If you're playing as a guy like Ric Flair and want to make someone tap to the Figure 4, spend some time working down the legs. You'll be so surprised as to how easy it becomes, as the opponent's blue bar gets bigger the more you wear down that body part.

Pity they don't really follow that process on the shows any more. Just slap it on and get a tap out. Old school matches had a definate working over the body part before going for the submission.

That's still the case.

Most Submission moves just target the Head and Body, which is why it's less noticeable.

But if you watch a Charlotte or Becky Lynch match or even a Bayley match you will see that it's still there

Okay, so when I say "only use stamina for boosting quick turns and use the pendulum or full circle technique", where am I losing you?

That's not me being a smart-ass by the way, I genuinely want to help.

yeah don't use your stamina straight away, just move round then back at normal speed, trying to overlap them a bit at a time, and only tap the boost once at a time if the opponent is just out of reach.

seriously guys if you master this system then you will realise it is the best submission system we've had to date, and IMO the only one to make submissions fun.

Okay, so when I say "only use stamina for boosting quick turns and use the pendulum or full circle technique", where am I losing you?

That's not me being a smart-ass by the way, I genuinely want to help.

You're not losing me so much as I just suck at this I guess.I first have to get good at overlapping them, and then I can move from there using your advice. Also, to me the best submission system was the one from SVR 07 I believe where there was a bar and it shook and you had to press the button right when the bar reached a little white area on the bar. The white area became smaller and smaller as the match went on but it was challenging and fun and quite fair all at the same time. Wish I could say the same about the current system.

So, what other sub systems have we had in the series since the very first Smackdown! game?

Mostly the tug rope system and the "hit the center of the bar" system. Day Of Reckoning 2 did have a cool idea in that you could choose what to focus on when you start a submission though (like choosing to use it as a wear-down submission instead of one intended to get a tap-out).

And for me is almost to easy to g wet someone tapout. All i do is make sure my line never goes on the bottom half of the cirlcle. Meaning im just tapoling pad left and right in top half of the circle and just touching opponents line. Not chasing it or anything. If they are hurt enough ot will eventually fill the circle and there you go...tapout. works everytime

And for me is almost to easy to g wet someone tapout. All i do is make sure my line never goes on the bottom half of the cirlcle. Meaning im just tapoling pad left and right in top half of the circle and just touching opponents line. Not chasing it or anything. If they are hurt enough ot will eventually fill the circle and there you go...tapout. works everytime

That would be what people refer to as the pendulum technique. Full circle technique is a variation in which one circles around completely, slowing down when hitting the opponents bar but not enough for them to reverse direction.

Archived