WWE 2K15 Creation Suite Blog - More Create modes scrapped

TheDeaconBosco

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So glad I didn't spend 400 bucks and get a next gen system and this game. I don't blame people being upset as I would be livid with this news. And people complained that THQ was bad, at least they didn't sucker you in and then give you half a game with almost no game modes. They really treated us like kings when 2k14 was being released in terms of the amount of content that was included and the amount of info they gave us months in advance. 2k has really lacked and been rather shady and now we know why.

This. People mostly bashed THQ for their wwe 12 (svr 2011?) moveset deleting. I know, they deleted a shit ton of moves but that was one thing. WWE 13 had like 150 moves more, and 2k14 had basically every move you needed (well... almost :D). But people remembered this till the end. THQ wasnt really so bad.

They weren't bad and I prefer 2k14 than 2k15 because of all the customizing options that were made available plus an absolutely incredible roster.

My feeling is that if 2k wasn't ready with the technology to give us a good game for next gen then they should have delayed it a year and gave us a kick ass game next year instead of the crap they have given us this year. Sure you have great graphics and new mo-capped moves but there is no content.

Instead they lead a "keep quiet" and "don't give them much info" campaign that suckered people into pre-ordering and upgrading their systems in hopes that the game would be worthwhile. It was a very crummy move in my opinion and shows that they don't care that much about their fanbase.

Marcus posted this on 2K Forums regarding no Diva CAWs:

"We're rebuilding -- you may not like it (and in a way, I don't blame you), but understand that we're building things the right way. It's been too long since we did this so you all might not remember what a significant transition is like -- especially since we're not porting."

Considering this is 2K's 1st WWE game and with it being on current gen as well, I'm not honestly not all that surprised. Does that mean I'm not pissed? Hell no! This game is severely lacking when it comes to modes, mainly creation ones and that's what I spend the most time doing really, other than Universe mode so hopefully that'll be good. I'm just hoping what we do have is still enough to leave me satisfied with the game.

Despite the awful news, I am still looking forward to getting this game.

"We're rebuilding -- you may not like it (and in a way, I don't blame you), but understand that we're building things the right way. It's been too long since we did this so you all might not remember what a significant transition is like -- especially since we're not porting."

Instead of saying sorry to female gamers we get this non sense ><!!!!

What else then a apology would this be?

I understand the reasons, it's just that they should have have been more honest about it. Telling us in like August or September rather than having to find out through a second hand source would be a lot better.

I find it hard to believe that they couldn't have a rendered female caw asset considering there are female player models in the game. It isn't that much more different to do than a male caw when we're talking about anatomy. A poor excuse, if any. Way to alienate your audience, 2K.

What else then a apology would this be?

What would be so hard to have custom divas They gave us custom males and the ability to edit superstar in the game. Seams like diva where an after thought. First the video of Alicia fox saying she was in the game and now this proves that

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/1111/584812/wwe-2k15-creation-suite-details-and-screenshots/

Let's start with the Bad News, Create a Championship, Create an Arena AND Custom Divas are not gonna be in the game this year.

That's the main gist of the article, but it also goes in detail about how custom logos and Superstar Studio will work.

Good news we can do 512 by 512.

I understand the reasons, it's just that they should have have been more honest about it. Telling us in like August or September rather than having to find out through a second hand source would be a lot better.

Totally agree. The way they marketed the game has been a major screw up.

It's not non-sense. What else could he say as an apology? He gave you an explanation as to why it was removed. It was a glitchy mess anyway. How many times did we see things like hair going through boobs? I'm sure it'll be back in for 2K16. It has to be.

As much as it sucks, I'm ok with a more Vanilla game if the gameplay is better. Ideally I'd be able to create Diva's and Arenas, but have more than 25 caw slots, but Marcus is right and the game has needed a rebuild for years. And if that means sacrificing the extra stuff that I like for a year while they compress the data for a more robust experience next year then I can't really complain as ultimately gameplay > everything else.

I guess most of you guys will be sticking to 2K14 this year...? Or at least going back to it.

This will mark the moment where we will if see Options/Freedom/Creativity trump pretty Graphics.

Me personally I wish they just didn't bother releasing 2K15 this year and just brought out some cool DLC updates for 14 while they have more time to make 2K16 amazing.

So why does he post it on the 2K forums and not here as well.

I find it hard to believe that they couldn't have a rendered female caw asset considering there are female player models in the game. It isn't that much more different to do than a male caw when we're talking about anatomy. A poor excuse, if any. Way to alienate your audience, 2K.

I agree It rather offensive that they couldnt take the time to make default an female model they have 8 female model in the game how hard would been to make an female default one

As much as it sucks, I'm ok with a more Vanilla game if the gameplay is better. Ideally I'd be able to create Diva's and Arenas, but have more than 25 caw slots, but Marcus is right and the game has needed a rebuild for years. And if that means sacrificing the extra stuff that I like for a year while they compress the data for a more robust experience next year then I can't really complain as ultimately gameplay > everything else.

I wish there was a like feature on this forum. I'd have spammed the hell out of it in this post. 2K is doing what should have been done years ago & is going through & gutting out the old crappy code. I genuinely bolieve this is a short-term loss, long-term gain. I'm willing to bet that by 2K18 almost all of these features would have returned.

It seems like a shady act. I don't believe a thing about "working till the last minute to get create a diva in" and couldn't because of some reason

This is truly a bad news. 2k ain't leaving good impressions, at least not on me

Why couldn't they say this in August?

It's not non-sense. What else could he say as an apology? He gave you an explanation as to why it was removed. It was a glitchy mess anyway. How many times did we see things like hair going through boobs? I'm sure it'll be back in for 2K16. It has to be.

It is non sense they made 8 different female models for the game how hard would been to make a default one we could edit Diva custom was glitchy but atleast we had some and it some what worked just quite fine and we had for many years. It seams to me divas not something they never slightly care about :/

This is one of the reasons why I was concerned about their lack of major info until very close to release date. That said, I fully understand why they have stripped the game down a bit to basics. It's a brand new engine. That doesn't make it more pleasant, but it is understandable. However, like most of us, I will expect to see these things restored in next year's game.

Archived