Breaking Bad

Lunchbox

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then again, I thought this evilness consumed him and wasn't the real him if that makes sense. I still thought there was some good in him but as the seasons passed by, it was being overshadowed by the bad he'd done.

RVF: Eh, but that would've made for a bit of a crappy ending, IMO. Who would have taken over? Also, I think him dying was the best way since he was the cause of many people dying, including Brock.

People would have probably been outraged at him not dying like they were with

Dexter

Then again, I thought this evilness consumed him and wasn't the real him if that makes sense. I still thought there was some good in him but as the seasons passed by, it was being overshadowed by the bad he'd done.

RVF: Eh, but that would've made for a bit of a crappy ending, IMO. Who would have taken over? Also, I think him dying was the best way since he was the cause of many people dying, including Brock.

People would have probably been outraged at him not dying like they were with Dexter.

He'd have lost everything and had to watch someone else take credit and make money off his invention, that's what he hated most and he wouldn't have been able to stop it. For me that would have been fitting. Could have been the Aryan's, Mexican's, Czech'z, German's, etc. who carried it on.

TV shows aren't always meant to please you. Everyone will have different emotions with the ending. There is not one perfect ending for any TV show, just differing opinions.

But does this mean it's fine when a TV show has a bad ending? If it isn't intended to please us, surely, they can *censored* up the end and it'll be acceptable.

I get your point but, like, with Dexter for example; the ending received overwhelmingly negative reviews. We are the ones watching at the end of the day, investing our time and effort - finite resources.

I think we deserve to have something that pleases us. Maybe not something that's perfect since that's impossible, but at least something that satisfies a good amount of us.

The entire idea of building and sustaining his empire was what consumed him and took over from his initial motive of providing for his family. Personally I think it was only right that he destroyed and then fell with his empire. It would have been a bit shitty if somebody else just took it on at the end, especially the Nazi's who I felt were probably the only thing that let the series down a bit. I can see that maybe he didn't get enough comeuppance but there would have been better ways to address that. Anyway, I think Pinkman's ending was more of a talking point in terms of maybe being a bit underwhelming, but then again as I said earlier him escaping, inevitably getting caught and probably shouldering a lot of the blame worked well enough for me.

TV shows aren't always meant to please you. Everyone will have different emotions with the ending. There is not one perfect ending for any TV show, just differing opinions.

I accepted this way before the ending when it was clear they were pushing Walt to be an anti-hero by brining in Nazi's as his final enemy. No one is going to cheer Nazi's.

I think the issue was that no villain was gonna be able to top Gus in only one season. Although Walt was the main antagonist of the last season, he still needed someone to go against and Jack, Todd and Lydia just weren't engaging enough imo because we'd only just been introduced to them, unlike Gus who was in the show since Season 2.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Skylar was super bitchy that's why. Her acting was definitely on point though. Another reason why people hated her is because she didn't roll over for Walt easily. People wanted her to let Walt do as he please without Skylar getting in his way. Would have made a boring show.

The "meth" they used in this show is delicious. My friends parents brought us all back some from New Mexico from the same people that made it for the show.

CDC3A2ED-FF6D-4FD5-A10C-A8077434D682_zps

And no those aren't my hands/fingernails, it's my friend's picture.

Archived