WWE 2K18 Coming to Nintendo Switch Starting December 6

AlterNation

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought an 128GB SD card months ago in preparation of this. The download doesnt worry me. What does worry me is how shit the game is looking but I want a wrestling game to play handheld.

Im the same. I want a wrestling game on the handheld alough its a shame we cant add these music to it.

Im in two minds whether to buy or not but need to decide soon as I cant see the cheap pre order price staying once Tuesday is here.

This is the lowest scored wrestling game in recent memory (on Switch) damn

Not really defending the game, but who cares about the score anymore. Its not 2003 lol.

Honestly, Id just watch review videos or check social media to gain reaction.

This is the lowest scored wrestling game in recent memory (on Switch) damn

Not really defending the game, but who cares about the score anymore. Its not 2003 lol.

Honestly, Id just watch review videos or check social media to gain reaction.

To be fair the media always take a dump on Pro Wrestling!

Still game is now pre ordered!

They really should have just skipped Switch this year and put out a quality game next year. But...I'm guessing this has WWE's sticky fingers all over it. Surely, it was them who said "Put out a switch version anyway"...without understanding what the repercussions would be. Now you're bound to have people who decide not to get the next Switch WWE game (even if it's properly good). That's how people are. A sour taste can stay in people's mouths for a long time...

They really should have just skipped Switch this year and put out a quality game next year. But...I'm guessing this has WWE's sticky fingers all over it. Surely, it was them who said "Put out a switch version anyway"...without understanding what the repercussions would be. Now you're bound to have people who decide not to get the next Switch WWE game (even if it's properly good). That's how people are. A sour taste can stay in people's mouths for a long time...

Yeah, even platforms also has to do with Vince or WWE. Its not 2K's fault.

Just saw a video of the Switch version, that has to be one of the most shittiest ports I've ever seen. Switch owners got eff'd real bad...

Personally I don't care if the game is good or crap, I just want a modern WWE game on a handheld device!

I know that isn't the best way to look at it but WWE games have been naff for years but playing WWE games on the go is good even if the graphics arent great.

If Vince McMahon says he wants a Switch version then it's going to happen regardless of Developers agreeing to it or not. Its like when people argue over the ingame roster, all comes down to Vince who he wants in or doesn't want in.

Just saw a video of the Switch version, that has to be one of the most shittiest ports I've ever seen. Switch owners got eff'd real bad...

Personally I don't care if the game is good or crap, I just want a modern WWE game on a handheld device!

I know that isn't the best way to look at it but WWE games have been naff for years but playing WWE games on the go is good even if the graphics arent great.

If Vince McMahon says he wants a Switch version then it's going to happen regardless of Developers agreeing to it or not. Its like when people argue over the ingame roster, all comes down to Vince who he wants in or doesn't want in.

It's not the graphics... Try to play a game with horrible frame rate and then tell me how much fun it is. From what I've seen, one on one matches seem to be ok, but when you have a triple threat or a tag team match or more than 2 people in the ring, then the frame rate takes a massive nose dive into the depths of hell.

LOL, you people are sometimes crazy. Blaming everything on Vince and WWE. So, Vince wanted to play the Switch version thats why he ordered 2K to get the game on Switch and make his version amazing and the version which normal people are getting is crappy frame rated version. Do you people really think Vince will give a damn if the game is on one platform and not on the other?

It is upto 2K to make the game for whichever platform they want as they got the license for the game. Vince will not give a crap about it until he gets his money. Its like during THQ days people use to argue that Vince use to hate PC, thats why WWE games are not on PC, which proved utter false once 2K took over the franchise.

It doesn't look terrible. It looks fine for a portable game. What's not good is how buggy everything is. I've played one match, Edge vs. Rodrick Strong. As I played as Edge, my right arm kept flailing around, Rodrick was just walking into the ropes. Eventually Cactus Jack interfered, to also walk into the ropes as well.

It's not the graphics... Try to play a game with horrible frame rate and then tell me how much fun it is. From what I've seen, one on one matches seem to be ok, but when you have a triple threat or a tag team match or more than 2 people in the ring, then the frame rate takes a massive nose dive into the depths of hell.

Is it any worse than the framerate on the old WWE PSP Games?

Don't know about that, never played any PSP games. But it doesn't look too playable to me. I can forgive frame drops here and there, but not that massive drops as in the Switch version.

Don't know about that, never played any PSP games. But it doesn't look too playable to me. I can forgive frame drops here and there, but not that massive drops as in the Switch version.

Got the game this morning its not too bad.

Played a singles match and a tag team and they ran ok. Only thing was after my singles match Jey Uso ran down to the ring in slow motion.

Not a big problem, matches were ok the slowdown just looked like a PS2 emulator on my old PC that couldnt handle PS2 gaming.

Its the only game Ive played on the Switch that disables screenshots. I really dont know if its on purpose or an oversight. Ive only played one match and it was fine. It was only a one on one match though.

Create a superstar holds up well in most cases. Long beards dont look good but I havent noticed anything else so far.

• 4 weeks later...

LOL, you people are sometimes crazy. Blaming everything on Vince and WWE. So, Vince wanted to play the Switch version thats why he ordered 2K to get the game on Switch and make his version amazing and the version which normal people are getting is crappy frame rated version. Do you people really think Vince will give a damn if the game is on one platform and not on the other?

It is upto 2K to make the game for whichever platform they want as they got the license for the game. Vince will not give a crap about it until he gets his money. Its like during THQ days people use to argue that Vince use to hate PC, thats why WWE games are not on PC, which proved utter false once 2K took over the franchise.

Look...it's common sense, really. If a game developer was struggling to make a proper port of a game, then they would choose not to release that version. They would cancel it. Period. They only released it because WWE had pressure on them to do so. No one is solely placing the blame on the WWE or Vince for the game being designed poorly. But the blame is 100% on WWE for the game actually being released in the pathetic state that it was released in. It should have been canceled entirely. The only reason why it wasn't canceled entirely, is because WWE specifically wanted that version of the game to exist before it was a stable product. The blame falls on both parties equally when it comes to the game being a disaster...but it falls solely on the WWE for actually forcing the release of the game as the disaster that it is.

Look...it's common sense, really. If a game developer was struggling to make a proper port of a game, then they would choose not to release that version. They would cancel it. Period. They only released it because WWE had pressure on them to do so. No one is solely placing the blame on the WWE or Vince for the game being designed poorly. But the blame is 100% on WWE for the game actually being released in the pathetic state that it was released in. It should have been canceled entirely. The only reason why it wasn't canceled entirely, is because WWE specifically wanted that version of the game to exist before it was a stable product. The blame falls on both parties equally when it comes to the game being a disaster...but it falls solely on the WWE for actually forcing the release of the game as the disaster that it is.

So is WWE2K18 utter disaster? I don't think it is, atleast not the PC version. I agree with switch version being utter garbage.

Coming to these games 2K failed to deliver, this year they failed miserably, all hype but no substance, career mode is glitchfest. Atleast game is on average levels for me as I am on PC side of things and I am enjoying porting of characters from old games and mods and universe mode is on ok level to me, I set up my universe mode and enjoying it. Hope they will improve the game next year to good extent with improved universe mode, new match types and less buggy game (oh god, one can dream)but I don't have any hope as its 2K and they failed to meet expectations for 4 years in row.

Finally played this version at my brothers yesterday. And Im going to be very honest and direct when I say this. 2K what the *Censored* were you thinking? This horrible ass, abysmal ass game. It runs slow. The audio chips out. The entrances are off. The gameplay stutters. What the *Censored*? Happy I didnt buy that shit.

Archived