Tell us the BS going on right now in your life

AlterNation

My car.

Just spent £50 on a coolant tank and coolant for it because there's a known issue with Vauxhall (Opel) Astras coolant sensors reading incorrectly low - and then the new one does the same, we think the water pump needs replacing, which is probably going to cost more than the car is worth when you consider labour and part costs.

However it saved it's best trick for yesterday morning, when the battery decided to expire, meaning I'm reliant on lifts until tomorrow afternoon when my father in law can come round to put the new one in. I hate this damn car right now, it's given me more trouble in two years than all four of my previous cars combined.

May 2016 - Coolant fan recall and thermostat replacement

Jan 2017 - Coolant hose leak - had to go to dealer for the part as it's specially made.

March 2015 - Passed MOT - with advisories about brake disks and unspecified leak in engine

March 2016 - Failed MOT needed to buy front tyre - of course best to buy a pair - £120 (plus £40 for test, and £50 for oil / fluid change)

March 2016 - £120 to replace rear tyres

June - £20 for new coolant expansion tank - £25 for coolant

Friday - £57 for new battery

Thing is I'm now going to have to work out how to afford a decent new one - but I'm never buying a Vauxhall again.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there's a known issue with the model, then why do you have to pay for it?

It's known in the Astra owner community, but I don't think it's ever been acknowledged by Vauxhall as a recall issue. The only recall issued was for a wiring loom with the coolant fan, which could short out and cause a fire.

Mind you, come to think of it - I didn't have any coolant issues at all prior to it going to the dealer for that. Bet it was their incompetence that screwed everything up.

This heat is killing me. *censored*ing Christ.

Lol...I had to check the Manchester weather when I saw this. Says it's 82F.

That's a pleasant day. Lmao.

Our bodies can't ever get used to it. :(

Doesn't help being stuck in an office all day with no air conditioning. That bumps it up to about 90F. AND we had no water for our cooler.

I love what I live in, but I hate where I live. Just tired of living in the woods. Don't think my house(Trailer) could even move, thats what my dad said. We have a fish pond but I don't want to have to take care of that in the future. Would love to move closer to town and still be in my house. So many Pros and very little cons to move. Very far from town, away from the stores, hospital, friends, the gym(since I've got free memberships) my church, ect. Alot of stuff I can't do. And I can't just move myself because my dad is basically near blind and I need to take care of him.

Sorry just wanted to vent.

Same. These last few days have been ass

For you

We're in different continents

What we consider normal would have you crying it's too cold

Also keep in mind Europe has no AC

Didn't find anything on my trip to Toys 'R Us. :cry: But hey, at least I got to be in there one last time.

They had these old Spider-Man 2 things in their store it was weird, cool and kinda funny. :happy:

Not familiar with NJ, I guess.

We go from about -10F in the winter to 105 in the summer. And always humid as a mother*censored*er.

But, please...do go on about it being too cold when it rains on a 40 degree day, or too hot when it gets above 80...I shall enjoy the comedy of it.

For you

Can't you just buy a AC?

For you

Can't you just buy a AC?

If I wanna pay thousands to remodel the house and then thousands for AC sure

There's a reason less than 0.1% of houses have AC. European houses aren't built to be able to get AC

For you

Can't you just buy a AC?

There's a reason less than 0.1% of houses have AC. European houses aren't built to be able to get AC

Shit no wonder the pilgrims left to America then.

For you

Can't you just buy a AC?

There are definitely units designed to legit work in any house. Just might have to run an exhaust hose outside. Also what AC are you buying that costs thousands? When we installed my AC we just cut a hole outside, placed 2x4's around the hole we cut and then put the AC in. Couldn't have costed more then 300$.

You live in the US where they're common. AC companies in the UK aint gonna charge cheap prices when they get little work

My landlord was trying to take a load of money from us through the deposit which was £1000. We sad we were rejecting the claim because we left the house in better condition than we got it so she raised the orginal claim from £300+ to £1100+. This means she wants even more money on top of the deposit. Jokes going to be on her the silly bitch because we took a load of videos of the house before we left so the deposit company should be on our side because it's a lot better evidence than what she has got.

Had to reinstall software on my PS4 because power went out few times and wiped out the storage

Do you still have the save files?

Had to reinstall software on my PS4 because power went out few times and wiped out the storage

Do you still have the save files?

I don't think so. I couldn't do anything, and even partial reinstall didn't work. Had to do a complete reinstall.

Archived