Street Fighter 5 PS4/PC Exclusive

NostalgiaGod

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/street-fighter-5-revealed-as-a-ps4-pc-exclusive/1100-6423993/

ofw03l.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A79_DszqteU

"[uPDATE] As it turns out, Capcom isn't quite ready to show off Street Fighter V. Just minutes after we published this story, Capcom set the Street Fighter V video to private. However, YouTube user Carl Whitewas able to capture the video, and you can watch it above.

Expect a full announcement this weekend during PlayStation Experience. In addition, NeoGAF users were able to capture some stills from the original video. You can see those in the gallery below."

Original Story: "One of PlayStation Experience's announcements has arrived a little early, as Capcom today posted a teaser trailer for Street Fighter V, coming exclusively to PlayStation 4 and PC.

The above teaser trailer was posted to Capcom's YouTube channel this morning. We already know that Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono is in Las Vegas for PlayStation Experience, and now it appears we know why.

According to prior comments from Ono, Street Fighter V is still in the early stages of development. He also assures fans that the fighting game will not be "pay-to-win."

The most recent core Street Fighter game was 2009's Street Fighter IV for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, andPC.

Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com"

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

looks gorgeous

i hope ibuki is in this one too

So much this. Chun-Li actually looks pretty good now. I really don't like her look in 4. Also wanna see Juri, R.Mika, Karin, and El Fuerte even though I get the feeling only Juri has any real chance. I'll play, but I won't buy it myself until at least the second version unless I find vanilla dirt cheap somewhere.

Looking forward to another 100 years of capcom repackaging it at full price.

Won't be getting the original, I'm not falling for that again Crapcom. I'll only pay full price for the version with ALL of the characters you intend to throw in this game already in it.

To be fair they only re-release SFIV once to SSFIV (and I don't even think it was full priced), the Arcade & Ultra Editions were only expansion and you only had to pay $15 to upgrade. What Capcom is doing isn't that bad compared to the $100+ dlcs/expansions for games like CoD, Destiny and even WWE are having nowadays.

- Unreal Engine 4

- Stage won't be static. They will load with random time of day and weather. Not entirely random though, not all stages will have all ToD nor weather conditions. Won't affect gameply, just to make stage look more evolutive and less static. Destructible stages.

- New system called V Trigger, not sure yet how much it will cost, if you can super or whatever, but will allow new stance, more offensive, ex attacks. Seems to double the hit on attacks. Really not sure about that though. Also, in trailer, Ryu does V Trigger combo and guard crush Chunli. Not sure if definitive.

- Capcom seems to really not like the dozen of release of the game (AE, Super, Ultra) they want a single strong brand name and update it from here

- They will work on a solo mod. They acknowledge SF4 was totally lacking here.

- Of course cast will be reduced but should have new comers at launch. Don't be surprise to see new characters from north africa, south america or south east asia, as capcom is targeting these new markets

Saw this posted on NeoGAF.

So, looks like capcom are laying copyright claims on people (again) who have a negative reaction to the exclusiveness.

Man, capcom USA are pretty decent, but good god, Capcom Japan are so out of touch you'd swear they're headed by Vince McMahon.

Game looks cool though.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived