Bugs & Glitches Thread

CM_EDGE

Would be cool if 2K patched all the problems that are plaguing this game before moving on to next years version, but that would be asking too much, not to mention it would be the right thing to do as it would address the problems and provide a better platform to build on for the following game. Sucks that they leave these games broken in some areas.

A game like NBA 2K is at the point where they honestly dont have to make anymore games. The gameplay is good enough imo that just big paid updates and patches would do just fine for years to come. WWE isnt there yet with gameplay and 2K knows that which is why they keeping adding whatever they can in the tight schedule their given which sadly leaves not enough time for bug testing, but it lays the groundwork for the future so they can get to the point where ALL the game would need is bug testing.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

This might be an old issue but i never really got the reason or a fix for this. Right now i have some logos in the game which came along with some caws i downloaded before. I have since deleted those caws but the logos stayed in my game for a while. Now as i was cleaning up my logo list, i noticed a logo which was used for an Alexa's attire is somehow being used in a number of other caws. I never did this. And that Alexa attire is long deleted.

Same thing happened in last year's game too. When i delete this logo, if i remember correctly, it will cause an error in the caws which are listed as using this logo.

Is there a fix to this? If not, is there a way to avoid this from happening in the future?

This might be an old issue but i never really got the reason or a fix for this. Right now i have some logos in the game which came along with some caws i downloaded before. I have since deleted those caws but the logos stayed in my game for a while. Now as i was cleaning up my logo list, i noticed a logo which was used for an Alexa's attire is somehow being used in a number of other caws. I never did this. And that Alexa attire is long deleted.

Same thing happened in last year's game too. When i delete this logo, if i remember correctly, it will cause an error in the caws which are listed as using this logo.

Is there a fix to this? If not, is there a way to avoid this from happening in the future?

Just go to edit the caws effected after deleting the logos and then save them afterwords and it should be fine. It was for me, at least, when I had a bunch get hit with this bug.

I was just playing Universe Mode and a weird glitch happened.

i was playing a one on one match Quan Chi (played by me) was facing Jason Voorhees yet as the match was loading an image of The Punisher CAW not Jason was there under Jason's name when the match began I was having to fight both Punisher and Jason with only Jason's stat's showing up along side Quan Chi's.

Anyone else experience that glitch?

I think I figured out the trigger for the no-damage firemans carry move bug. It seems to happen if you go for your finisher from the fireman carry drag system and use the pin combo. This causes the pin combo on fireman carry moves to do no damage anymore until you restart the game.

Umm... is it just me, or am I unable to "replace" rivalry promos with matches by editing the superstars involved in said rivalries? I remember this glitch always working for me during my first few months of playing, but now it doesn't seem to work anymore. If this really did get patched, then I am sad because this was always my go-to method for having more matches on the card.

In universe why can't Undertaker rivalries have a title match at the end? I have to edit it because its like it assumes its a Wrestlemania rivalry instead of a championship rivalry.

This multi-man elimination match i'm in is stuck in an infinite loop because the AI is more obsessed with interrupting moves for no reason than actually pinning the third guy.

• 2 weeks later...

I found a new bug that i haven't ran into yet.Invisible wall when you Irish whip you opponent to the corner. I've experience the bug where you can't climb the turnbuckle but never the Irish whip invisible wall bug which was annoying.

I found a new bug that i haven't ran into yet.Invisible wall when you Irish whip you opponent to the corner. I've experience the bug where you can't climb the turnbuckle but never the Irish whip invisible wall bug which was annoying.

This is a fairly well known and hated bug.

This is a fairly well known and hated bug.

Yeah i tried searching for it in the topic but couldn't find any post about it. You would think they would fix it in 1.07 patch since it's a well known bug.

I play on PS4. 2K18 was the first game I picked up from the series since '14, and I've been having a blast with the CAW creation months later. An annoyance I've always had was being unable too use the Highlight Reel. I had some sick spots but could never put them up anywhere or showcase them. Anytime I'd select footage in game, it'd crash my PS4. Anyone know any work around? It's updated too the latest patch and everything. It just seems not too work with CAWs, custom attires with custom logos, or custom arenas.

I apologize if this issue has been discussed here already, but i recently started using the codebreaker as my CAW's finisher and was trying to perform the catching version of the move but i just can't do it. I have the catching finisher skill/ability on my CAW but i still can't make it work. The button prompt doesn't appear when i lift my opponent or when my opponent jumps from the top rope. I tried again with both Cena and Orton to test it and the game still won't let me perform a catch finisher. Is this a glitch or am i doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

I apologize if this issue has been discussed here already, but i recently started using the codebreaker as my CAW's finisher and was trying to perform the catching version of the move but i just can't do it. I have the catching finisher skill/ability on my CAW but i still can't make it work. The button prompt doesn't appear when i lift my opponent or when my opponent jumps from the top rope. I tried again with both Cena and Orton to test it and the game still won't let me perform a catch finisher. Is this a glitch or am i doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

You have to set your OMG separately, catch finishers arent tied to your set finishers anymore. Should be in the special moves section.

You have to set your OMG separately, catch finishers arent tied to your set finishers anymore. Should be in the special moves section.

Ohh shoot didn't notice that. I forgot they seperated the OMG moves. Will try it next time i play. Thanks so much!

Ohh shoot didn't notice that. I forgot they seperated the OMG moves. Will try it next time i play. Thanks so much!

You are quite welcome.

Well looks like I just lost all my data. All caws and everything wiped out. Good thing I wasn't all that invested in this game this year and mostly just use the in-game roster.

Damn, that sucks! The amount of glitches in 2k18 is insane.

I think my game is seriously broken. It gives me the option to try and sync or to go offline and neither of them work. I tried to disconnect from the internet and use it like that and it let me play the game but all my data was erased, and after turning it off and then coming back to it again a few hours later it asked me if I wanted to use my old data from two months ago or the one from a few hours ago, so I chose the one from a few months ago and it took be back to the same shit to sync or go offline. I paid good money for this game to be a broken unplayable mess. This is why I went back to playing WWE 2K17 on my PC instead, it had almost no glitches at all compared to the console versions of 2K18.

I got the bug/glitch where I download a caw and the logos on their attire don't show up. Lame.

You've probably downloaded a really old caw.

re #2 - you're saying you signed out the guest controller and you still received the error?

and do you have any created content in game already?

i hate to do this but if it's still happening i might suggest rebooting the game w/o a guest controller signed in. that might solve the problem, or it might not.

Yes and nope. Just emailed the report to 2k, got a ticket and whatnot.

re #2 - you're saying you signed out the guest controller and you still received the error?

and do you have any created content in game already?

i hate to do this but if it's still happening i might suggest rebooting the game w/o a guest controller signed in. that might solve the problem, or it might not.

Yes and nope. Just emailed the report to 2k, got a ticket and whatnot.

I'm having the exact same issue. I deleted the game and am reinstalling it. If it works, I'll let you know.

Archived