Mass shooting thread

Mango kid

I don't know, shooting matches at ranges always bring people together. Good bonding time with friends and such. Anyway proper safety and caution (that comes from experience and knowledge) exists and will continue to exist even without heavy regulation. Besides, there is already the required amount of regulation for guns. Nothing further is needed that will actually prevent people from being negligent or blatantly breaking laws. People being people will always be a thing. Enforcing the laws we have now properly will cut down more than adding more regulation.

What regulation would you add that you think will help?

You say this every time, and it's nothing more than an opinion based on nothing; Especially when other countries have stricter regulation and have much lower incident rates. And you always ask what kind of regulation would help...and we always have the same discussion about better background checks and better safeguards for mental health. The first step to lowering the number of incidents is to stop making gun laws more lax than they are...which is something that the republican agenda never stops pushing for. Maybe we can't do much to reduce those numbers...but we can definitely stop making it even easier. When you have people in congress literally pushing for it to be easier for mentally ill people to get firearms, I think that should be alarming to everyone on a bipartisan level.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do some people have 10 or 15 firearms? I like electric guitars but I only have 1, that pretty much is all I need.

You do know that a lot of guitarists have multiples, right? They are collectible just like firearms.

For sure I would have multiple, but I don't have the space or the money. I doubt guns are less expensive than guitars, at least the standard models. I could be wrong, I never bought a gun in my life.

I don't know, shooting matches at ranges always bring people together. Good bonding time with friends and such. Anyway proper safety and caution (that comes from experience and knowledge) exists and will continue to exist even without heavy regulation. Besides, there is already the required amount of regulation for guns. Nothing further is needed that will actually prevent people from being negligent or blatantly breaking laws. People being people will always be a thing. Enforcing the laws we have now properly will cut down more than adding more regulation.

What regulation would you add that you think will help?

You say this every time, and it's nothing more than an opinion based on nothing; Especially when other countries have stricter regulation and have much lower incident rates. And you always ask what kind of regulation would help...and we always have the same discussion about better background checks and better safeguards for mental health. The first step to lowering the number of incidents is to stop making gun laws more lax than they are...which is something that the republican agenda never stops pushing for. Maybe we can't do much to reduce those numbers...but we can definitely stop making it even easier.

Other countries have way less population. Australia doesn't even have a quarter of the population we have. Of course there are more incidents. That's stupid. And you say mine is based on nothing? What you said is plain ignorance.

How much more background can you do on a person? You can't catch people with no records before they do something. You can't catch a sane guy before he snaps. You would need a total invasion of complete privacy to even come close. What safeguards for mental health are you speaking of? Elaborate.

How are gun laws becoming more lax? They are still the same as they've been. You still have to be 21 to buy a handgun and ammunition. 18 for rifles and ammunition. You still have to complete a background check. They're pushing against those that want things stricter. There are some things that are laws in certain States as well as ATF regulations that shouldn't exist too so a lot of it is also trying to tackle those. No one is saying we should abandon background checks altogether or anything like that. Laws won't stop making anything easier. They punish those who break it. There is nothing further that will prevent it without a full invasion of rights or privacy. At this point knowing it won't do much to lower numbers, you basically think it's ok to just make it harder for all people, even good. You know you won't stop criminals but sure let's make it a pain in the ads for everyone. Because your beliefs are more important.

@maskedmaniac depends on what you buy but guitars are generally more expensive for really good ones but the price isn't too far off for each. You can pay over a grand for a really nice 1911 too.

I also don't see mass shootings in China or India, whereas we have the highest rate of mass shootings. That clearly indicates there's a problem here, unless you're okay with mass shooting. It'd be awesome if people were responsible with guns and didn't kill each other, but that's not happening, unfortunately.

Other countries have way less population. Australia doesn't even have a quarter of the population we have. Of course there are more incidents. That's stupid. And you say mine is based on nothing? What you said is plain ignorance.

That's why statistics use percentages of the populations in question rather than just number of incidents.

It's insane how after everyone of these shootings and the mere mention of making it harder for people to get certain guns immediately drives hundreds of people to go out and buy a ton of guns for fear of them being outlawed. It's kinda hard to comprehend sometimes.

Because a portion of gun owners are scared 24/7, and the idea of being without their security blanket (guns) scares them even more...so they buy more guns driven by their fear. #Facts. It's the same fear that causes them to lash out at people and act like imaginary people are coming door to door to take all of their guns away...

It's insane how after everyone of these shootings and the mere mention of making it harder for people to get certain guns immediately drives hundreds of people to go out and buy a ton of guns for fear of them being outlawed. It's kinda hard to comprehend sometimes.

That's how it works

Pro-Gun officials make out Obama/Hillary/*insert democrat here* to be the devils who will ban all the gunz in the country. Thus everyone will go buy guns. Which in turn brings a lot of money to the firearms industry.

Happens every single shooting. Happens every single election cycle.

I guess paranoia is the main reason why a certain group of people have a ton of guns like they are getting ready for a war. It's also pretty laughable how they say they need their guns to protect themselves from the government, as if a few guns will somehow stop a government with an army whose budget is in the range of 600 to 700 BILLION and capable of annihilating an entire foreign army in a matter of hours. These folks are delusional.

That logic is so dumb anyway. What the *Censored* can assault rifles do against tanks, nukes, and better tech? If the gun-obsessed fools even think about fighting the military, they're gonna get their ass run over by all the weapons the military has. I'd actually love to see them take on the military.

At least back then guns were for the most part simple.

Hunting thing isn't even valid, because, you know...bows and shit.

Like I said before...guns are a luxury. They are a hobby and a luxury...nothing more. They make hunting easier, which is exactly what a luxury does. Take em or leave em...they aren't essential for life in any single way.

Goodness gracious me. Why can't they just let people take accountability? I'm sure a lot of us have watched violent movies and played violent video games without even thinking about resorting to violence or even thinking about mass shooting.

Violent entertainment is popular for a reason, because the majority of us don't consider those events normal in real life so it's always a spectacle or something interesting to experience in the form of entertainment. The answer to this issue is clear but again, America's gun culture is so strong and honestly detrimental.

My thoughts go out to the victims of this tragedy, untill we cure what ails the human heart this stuff will continue. If people want to do stuff like this, they will find a way regardless of how many laws are in place. Banning things out of fear, does nothing but hurt the regular people. The Boston marathon bombers used a rice cooker, do you want to ban rice cookers too ? And the Oklahoma bombings used diesel and fertilizer. You can make a napalm like substance with a few household chemicals, all legal. Where there is a will there is a way, and nothing we can do will change that.

Archived