Football Thread

Ernez

Di Maria for Robben, Muller and cash... what the flying *Censored* did I just read?

Wait, what? Why does Bayern Munich want Di Maria? Or is it Real Madrid that wants Robben and Muller for Di Maria?

Real Madrid, wut, Di Maria's been a United player since last season

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Sterling/Ward for trying every possible excuse no matter how stupid it sounds.

Hah, just seen Berahino has cut ties with Ward. Can't say that's surprising given how he treats his clients. Feel a bit sorry for Arsenal fans knowing this *censored* represents Oxlade-Chamberlain, good luck with that if he fills his potential.

That *Censored* Aidy being his agent put me off him but now that he's gone... I'd absolutely take Berahino. Wonder if him dropping Ward means he's looking for a transfer? Hmm...

Why would Everton entertain a Evans and Coleman swap. He's not good enough for them and losing Coleman is a big blow.

If Everton can sign Tom Cleverley and Darron Gibson then they can sign Jonny Evans.

Just saw a pic of Ramos & Perez hugging on instagram. And yesterday during Danilo's revealing, Madrid fans chants De Gea's name. Looks like we lost on both players. *Censored* Madrid bruh, I only support some players but not the whole club itself.

Di Maria for Robben, Muller and cash... what the flying *Censored* did I just read?

Wait, what? Why does Bayern Munich want Di Maria? Or is it Real Madrid that wants Robben and Muller for Di Maria?

My bad. Don't know why Real came in my head when I typed that.

Still, Man United must be really desperate for talent.

My bad. Don't know why Real came in my head when I typed that.

Still, Man United must be really desperate for talent.

That report is the biggest load of bs thus far this window. No way are we getting two of their top players PLUS cash for Di Maria. No reason anyone should believe it even remotely.

Cabaye signing. Austin maybe joining him. Dann getting a new contract. Nobody wake me up.

Palace doing the business. Still surprised that you've actually managed to get Cabaye tbh. Thought a team like Spurs (*censored*ers) would come in and outbid you at the last minute or something.

From what I know, it was Bayern who made the offer

You seem to be believing a lot of bullshit recently & taking it a bit too literal sir. That rumour all started because of one simple tweet. It's not true at all...

With RVP going I'm really interested to see what we're actually going to do in this window.

RVP, Falcao (even though he was never ours) & Nani off the wage bill equates to like 650k a week saving. Not that it means much as I'm sure whoever we bring in will be on huge wages as well.

Was always going to happen with the new TV deal.

Must be in the minority who don't really think Cabaye is a big "coup". Very much on the slide at PSG. Good player in this league, nasty streak in him but don't think he does enough against big teams. Fortunately that won't matter for him at Palace.

All these *Censored*s talking about transfers, meanwhile Arsenal remains without rumors even..

What happened to Schneiderlin mate? Is him to United a done deal? Last I heard Arsenal were favourites... again...

Also seen you guys linked to Higuain in recent times, though idk where that came from :o

Must be in the minority who don't really think Cabaye is a big "coup". Very much on the slide at PSG. Good player in this league, nasty streak in him but don't think he does enough against big teams. Fortunately that won't matter for him at Palace.

Pretty much agree, think he's the level of player clubs like Palace Everton, Stoke should be looking at now with all the money they have though.

Raheem Sterling and the rest of the Liverpool squad go for lunch amid reports of a fresh Man City bid #LFC

Slow news day.

I can agree to an extent. Alot of his PSG failure had to do with injuries and thus falling behind equally great or better midfielders. I'm just excited because of how he was with Newcastle and the way he carried them. He immediately becomes our star. The player who will add that touch of quality that was the difference between losses and draws, or draws and wins. The thought of him sitting in a playmaker role to feed Bolasie, Zaha and one of Remy/Austin is absolutely incredible for me.

The signing is so standout mostly because of how far we've come. Five years ago I'd have said it'd be more likely that we'd be in league two by now then spending millions on players like Cabaye in the midtable of the Prem.

I think all would admit though, if he regains that Newcastle form. He'll be more than worth the money paid and he will be the coup that the papers have branded him as.

All these *Censored*s talking about transfers, meanwhile Arsenal remains without rumors even..

What happened to Schneiderlin mate? Is him to United a done deal? Last I heard Arsenal were favourites... again...

Also seen you guys linked to Higuain in recent times, though idk where that came from :o

No idea if it's done, but I fully expect him to not join Arsenal. No movement on our part, which seems idiotic, yet predictable, seeing the clear need for a DM and a history of not addressing that position because Wenger in general doesn't seem to believe in a DM.

Man. United also seems like the only club that's really in for him and the only reason I'm guessing the deal hasn't been done yet, is because Southampton wants 27m and nobody else is in for him, so United doesn't feel pressured to overpay for him. If City and Arsenal were serious, they would've made that exact bid by now.

The Higuain-link is because of Tancredi Palmieri, some cheesy, greasy Italian football journalist more known for being the subject of many memes than his excellent journalism. The guy is a tool and he claimed Arsenal made a €40m bid on Higuain. So that's bullshit imo.

And I wouldn't exactly get excited by Higuain either, Giroud is better than him and I don't *censored*ing like Giroud either.

---------

I feel Cabaye is a coup for Palace, because I see them more as a club that has the stature of a relegation battle side, instead of a solid midtable side. So you'd expect Cabaye to go to clubs like West Ham, Newcastle, Stoke, Everton over Crystal Palace, which I still put in the same bracket as basically a Watford or Norwich. Or maybe West Brom. A bit unfair, seeing how a Sunderland won't be talked down upon that easily despite finishing 17th for *censored*ing ever, but I think it's also how many other people are thinking, which is the main reason why Cabaye is being described as a major coup for Crystal Palace.

Then again, some have been saying that Cabaye would walk into the line-up of Spurs, Arsenal for ages (although with Ryan Mason starting, it might not even be that far from the truth), so part of it is also people overrating him slightly. But yeah, I do feel it's a coup for Palace and they are quite rightfully very proud of that signing.

Reputation-wise, in the Prem we're always going to be an underdog. People do look upon Palace as temporary, with good reason, but the reality is that we're not far off the likes of Stoke, West Ham and Newcastle. Obviously historically we're well away from them, but in the here and now we have as much chance as any of them. I think the main thing holding us back is our stadium, but even with the old shithole, we seem to be gaining a lot of new fans and attracting some quality. In reality, we're pretty much Swansea, but two years behind. That's the ideal standard to follow anyway.

Our chairman has stated that this one big signing will open the gates. Suddenly players like Austin who weren't considering us may now see Cabaye and follow suit. It's as much of a statement as it is a footballing signing.

Archived