Football Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Delph to City then. Decent player who can bring balance and energy to the team, but a risky move for him considering he's starting for England and the Euro's aren't far away. A lack of playing time you'd think would move him back down the pecking order.

Delph's not good enough to get in City's midfield, especially so if they go out and get Pogba or someone a level below that as well.

Lack of playing time doesn't seem to matter too much based on Hodgson's past selections.

Just seen Berahino has cut ties with Ward. Can't say that's surprising given how he treats his clients.

That *Censored* Aidy being his agent put me off him but now that he's gone... I'd absolutely take Berahino. Wonder if him dropping Ward means he's looking for a transfer? Hmm...

No, it means that he wants someone else to act on his behalf in negotiations for a new contract at the Albion...I hope.

Just seen Berahino has cut ties with Ward. Can't say that's surprising given how he treats his clients.

That *Censored* Aidy being his agent put me off him but now that he's gone... I'd absolutely take Berahino. Wonder if him dropping Ward means he's looking for a transfer? Hmm...

No, it means that he wants someone else to act on his behalf in negotiations for a new contract at the Albion...I hope.

You'll probably end up being right man. Seeing no links, rumours or anything else about Berahino except that he "could" be targeted by Liverpool now that Aidy is out of the picture. What kind of shit is that :XD:

Lol, Mexico beat Cuba 6-0 in part because a few of the Cuban players defected.

i feel like Cuba players are always defecting when they come to the states. Same shit happened in baseball years ago.

I thought Cubans could now fly in and out of the country without hassle. This just seemed like lazy doings on their part, like the Cuban football federation already payed for their plain tickets and they thought might as well just stay in the country then.

Supposedly the president of that Turkish team who've signed Eto'o and Ronaldinho has said they are in talks to sign Valdes from us. Interesting to see what happens there ><.

Rafael going to Galatasaray as well apparently, just selling all our players to Turkey....

Meh, I thought he was okay defensively, but pretty ineffective going forward throughout the season. Hardly ever put an accurate cross in. The City game in April was the only time he impressed me tbh. Well, and when he nutmegged two Liverpool players and provided the assist for Rooney's goal back in December.

Anyway, Rafael has indicated on Instagram that he's staying by posting an image in anticipation of the coming season. One can hope.

Valencia was pretty solid for the most part as a RB last season, he had a few moments of stupidity (Arsenal in the FA Cup), but overall his performances were more than good enough IMO. His stand out moment was in the derby were he caught and muscled Aguero out of play when City had a 2v1 situation and likely would have scored.

Schweinsteiger looking like it will actually happen. Also a few reports are saying that we'll go for Schneiderlin too.

On a side note there is claims that Valdes could be on his way to Turkey to sign for Antalyaspor. Which makes no sense if De Gea is on his way to Madrid as that leaves us with Lindegaard and Johnstone as our two most senior keepers. Although the Spanish paper AS claim we'll go for Oblak if De Gea signs for Real Madrid.

Delph's not good enough to get in City's midfield, especially so if they go out and get Pogba or someone a level below that as well.

Lack of playing time doesn't seem to matter too much based on Hodgson's past selections.

They have Fernandinho and Fernando who are identical when it comes to how they play. Delph offers a bigger engine but I don't think he's an improvement on them two.

Attacking wise he's piss poor and it's basically a signing from Man City to hit there home grown quota.

Archived