Football Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schneiderlin off to United. Followed by hordes of Arsenal-fans claiming in a non-panicky but totally panicky way that Coquelin is better than Matic statistically, so we don't need him. The arrogance is outstanding.

Oh well, maybe we'll win the FA Cup again.

Having this argument with an Arsenal fan at work, was so up for Schneiderlin and now he's come to us 'oh Coq is miles better anyway'.

Ramos named Madrid's captain it seems, now go get Otamendi. De Gea's interesting, really thinking him staying this year & leaving for free is a genuine possibility. Not sure how I feel about it but meh. Be nice if he did a Ronaldo, signed a deal just so we can get good money & not the £20m they supposedly want to pay.

Don't think Madrid are overly fussed with the 'you're not having him without giving us Ramos' thing, they'll just use Navas for a season then take De Gea for free next season whilst having Ramos sign a huge new deal.

Scenes when LvG tries 3-5-2 again this pre-season ahaha.

The guy sounds like a muppet.

Florentino Perez: "De Gea is a great goalkeeper, but he belongs to another club. A club we are friends with so I can't say anymore on that."

Weird, usually come all guns blazing. Something has been sorted I'm sure. God knows, just waiting for a finish to the whole thing.

Yeah, Zaha really didn't have a clue during his first pre-season. Seemed so oblivious & naive. Still a shame but meh.

Valdes & Rafael not on the tour.

Yeah, Zaha really didn't have a clue during his first pre-season. Seemed so oblivious & naive. Still a shame but meh.

I remember being really into United's pre-season after Wilf's transfer. Zaha and Lingard ripped teams apart on the tours. Still think he'd have made it under Fergie, but I'm happy to have him back. Wilf and Yala were meant to be together.

France Football said something about PSG's locker room assuming Di Maria will join them, which is an odd way to describe a rumor, but take that as you will.

French media have been saying it's happening for months now, won't give it up at all. He's said he wants to stay multiple times, we'll see.

Based off of what I saw last season and who you've brought in, I wouldn't even give Di Maria a spot in your starting 11 tbh. 4-3-3 with Depay, Rooney and Young starting up front. Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger and Herrera in midfield. I think that works.

Seeing rumours that Valdes is off. Dafuq?

I'd rather have Depay-Rooney-Di Maria upfront with Mata-Sch Duo right behind them tbh.

Valdes' agent has confirmed that he's not going anywhere as he's about to take a major role for next season (cue De Gea's departure?)

Now its been buzzing around that we're looking for a new striker in Lewandowski & Cavani. I'd personally rather take less big names such as Benteke or Lukaku who wouldn't mind playing second fiddle to Rooney

Part of me is actually thinking LVG will let Di Maria go & maybe continue with Mata. Seems like every United fan putting together potential line-ups for next season is assuming Mata is going to be the guy to lose his place (everyone has Di Maria where Mata was)

If he goes we'll obviously make a loss but I'd like to think PSG would pay about £50million still.

It's fair to assume Valdes might be off, he's not on the tour. No explanation has been given. I know Valencia wanted him, maybe there's something in that at the moment, especially as we're supposedly back in for Otamendi now. One Spanish paper even linked Valdes with Real Madrid, lol.

Oh & regarding Lukaku playing second fiddle... lol. You've seen the comments from his new agent and everything right? & how he comes across as a player? He won't play second fiddle.

Benteke also needs to go somewhere to play most weeks.

Valdes now tweeting about the upcoming season, maybe not off then. (I know it means bugger all)

Interested to know why he's not on the tour though.

Benteke would be a decent purchase, but we should try gunning for Kane more (as long as we won't be paying a shit-ton...but then again, that is unlikely).

Spurs are gonna take you for £50m when it happens man :o They'll waste it though if that helps :XD:

Highly unlikely we'll sign a top striker. Whoever comes would be back-up at best, exactly like Remy was at Chelsea last season because Rooney isn't getting benched and we're gonna play 4-3-3. And after the investment we've put in our midfield, there's no way he'd play there either.

I don't mind just Rooney, honestly. He scored 12 last season and that's after playing so much in midfield and we were far from great in general throughout the season. We've got a comparatively better squad and he'll be getting much more of a supply. Depay and Di Maria (on form) on the wings would only strengthen the attack and should be reliable if he isn't at his best.

A new back-up striker is necessary though. If Chelsea are willing to sell Remy now that they've got Falcao (assuming he'll be back-up to Costa), that'd be great. He was very handy for Chelsea in Costa's absence and it'll be perfect if we can get him. A much more cheaper option than Kane too and I'd take him over Benteke.

I don't think he will be. He'll score around 15 league goals and the rich clubs will be in for him.

It'll be interesting to see if City use Sterling to keep the width like the would have with Navas and Milner, or allow him to play more central.

I'm in the middle when it comes to Kane. Really liked him last season, but just still a bit doubtful.

On a lower level, it'll be interesting to see how Charlie Austin will do if he moves to West Ham or Palace or whatever club he's linked to, mainly to see if he still scores at a club people bother to defend against.

Benteke would be a decent purchase, but we should try gunning for Kane more (as long as we won't be paying a shit-ton...but then again, that is unlikely).

Spurs are gonna take you for £50m when it happens man :o They'll waste it though if that helps :XD:

Those emoticons ain't convincing me, bruh :lol: but nah, Spurs will negotiate such high terms, man. It'll be like tryna break down Fort Knox, we should just find other replacements

I'm in the middle when it comes to Kane. Really liked him last season, but just still a bit doubtful.

I kinda agree. I thought he was a beast last season, but can he be consistent? I don't want us to spend quite a lot if he's gonna be on-and-off / the opposite.

Archived