Football Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Krychowiak? Tbh, not even sure if we'll get A DM in now, Wenger doesn't like them and I already see people reason that an extra DM is not necessary because Arteta is coming back and we dominate possession as in teams who see a lot of the ball have no need for a pure DM and a playmaker with good ball retention skills will suffice.

Those people seem to think Vidal is coming.

I personally believe that it's Verratti.

Looks like RvP is off to Fenerbahce with Nani. Worth the money purely for the 20th title, think a lot of fans have forgotten just how good he was that season under Fergie.

We must have something planned here, Rooney & Wilson will be our only strikers (not sure if Hernandez is staying or what, I'd be surprised). If we push for Kane I will be so disappointed, thankfully all those links seem to have died anyway. Interested to see who's actually going to come in....

Vidal would be a dumb signing. Seems to be on the decline now and he plays in a position where you've got plenty of talent already.

Have you had any links to a striker either?

Very, very small links to Lacazette, but that's it really. And we had Jackson Martinez with his come-and-get-me-pleas.

I missed the games today. Happy to hear England won. They deserve third place.

Argentina though......really? They subbed AGUERO for HIGUAIN? Did they not learn their lesson from the World Cup? And an Argentine supporter at my workplace called me crazy for not liking Higuain. Yeah, cause Higuain sucks. You got Aguero, Messi, Rojo and Pauletto on there that are way better attackers and they went with Higuain. Sure.

Congratulations to Chile.

So is Higuain the last person you want in a big match?

Genuinely don't know why Higuain is considered to be anywhere near a top class striker and there's so much demand from fans of top clubs to sign him

He's a really good goalscorer, like there are very few who have scored more than him over the last 3/4 years, but his misses will probably always haunt him given the stakes. You have to be super tough mentally to overcome what has happened to him and he doesn't seem like the sort of player who can just brush it off.

He's also an awful penalty taker. Seem to remember him missing over half of his penalties for Napoli last year. Kind of glad Chile won anyway, they've been a great team to watch over the last four or so years with a unique team set up that somehow functions with a lot of pretty average players.

The underrating of Higuain in here, just cause of two bad games. Jeez.

Our chairman confirmed talks with Cabaye, and it coincided with alot of club sources saying the deal was about done. Parish isn't the kind of chairman to mention a name without being almost certain he won't let the fans down. I'd say it's finally coming to an end now.

Still, there's always the chance Spurs sell Capoue and Stambouli and then rock up with £10M of their own. Cabaye would walk into that midfield.

Our chairman confirmed talks with Cabaye, and it coincided with alot of club sources saying the deal was about done. Parish isn't the kind of chairman to mention a name without being almost certain he won't let the fans down. I'd say it's finally coming to an end now.

Still, there's always the chance Spurs sell Capoue and Stambouli and then rock up with £10M of their own. Cabaye would walk into that midfield.

Cabaye walks into probably all but 3 teams midfields in the Premier League, I wish Liverpool were in for him to be honest, and I'm a little surprised that nobody else is. He'll be a brilliant signing for Palace though.

Higuain is average and has been average for years though. He's like one of those guys who, if he doesn't score, he's useless and contributes nothing to the team. Like Podolski. *Censored*, I'm so happy we got rid of *censored*ing Podolski. *censored*ing clown that he is.

Archived