General Unpopular Opinions

NostalgiaGod

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PIzza should never have chocolate on it, and *Censored* anyone who thinks otherwise.

Dude...I guarantee you, there is probably some combination of ingredients that could be put on a pizza with chocolate that would be the bombedest shit ever. Some five star chef is out there, right now, lightly shredding the finest chocolate over a pizza with bacon and chili peppers or some shit...and it probably tastes *censored*ing amazing.

Get out of here with your fear of new things. :lol:

Well, that's just completely different.

And pineapple on pizza is great, if there is also meat. Definitely need ham or spicy chicken or something. People who complain about pizza toppings need to get their priorities straight. Pizza can have pretty much anything on it. It will always be awesome.

In what way? Both topics focus on the tastebuds adapting to tastes and flavours. How does adding alcohol to the equation change it?

Not really. It's hard to explain, but the alcohol thing is less about your tastebuds "adapting to flavors", and more about you being able to ignore the actual alcohol content to taste other things. Like...hard alcohol doesn't even burn when I drink it. Someone who doesn't drink a lot would take a sip of hard alcohol and wouldn't be able to taste much of anything...because it burns, and because it tastes like alcohol. I don't have even the slightest burn when I drink hard alcohol, and I don't taste the actual alcohol too much either...I just taste what the liquid itself tastes like. So, yeah...it's not just "I used to hate broccoli, but now I like it"...it's more like "I've destroyed parts of my body that used to be sensitive to drinking poison...and now I can actually taste the poison." Lol.

Gender norms need to stay in tact on alcohol because if the act of "icing" your bros dies then culture itself will be dead as well.

Smirnoff Ice is delicious tho. I ain't even mad.

I love Smirnoff Ice, probably my fave.

Not really. It's hard to explain, but the alcohol thing is less about your tastebuds "adapting to flavors", and more about you being able to ignore the actual alcohol content to taste other things. Like...hard alcohol doesn't even burn when I drink it. Someone who doesn't drink a lot would take a sip of hard alcohol and wouldn't be able to taste much of anything...because it burns, and because it tastes like alcohol. I don't have even the slightest burn when I drink hard alcohol, and I don't taste the actual alcohol too much either...I just taste what the liquid itself tastes like. So, yeah...it's not just "I used to hate broccoli, but now I like it"...it's more like "I've destroyed parts of my body that used to be sensitive to drinking poison...and now I can actually taste the poison." Lol.

But I'm not even saying that I don't like certain alcoholic drinks because they burn and I can't handle them, I just genuinely don't like how they taste. Take sambuca for example; that doesn't give a burning sensation at all (unless you get chilli sambuca), but I hate it because, to me, it tastes like liquorice and I hate that shit. Same can be said for cheaper beers, some plain ciders etc.

The major factor to me preferring sweeter drinks like flavoured cider is because I'm a fat piece of shit with a massive sweet tooth lol

Well...what you're saying is just getting convoluted as shit now.

If you don't like licorice, then don't drink Sambuca...that has nothing to do with alcohol itself not tasting good. When people drink sweet alcoholic beverages, it is done to mask the flavor of the alcohol. I don't know what else to say...that's why you like that kind of drink, because it doesn't taste like alcohol. :lol: I don't know if you're thinking about that when you drink it...but that is the exact reason why you like that kind of drink...because it masks the alcohol itself. Lmao.

Well...what you're saying is just getting convoluted as shit now.

If you don't like licorice, then don't drink Sambuca...that has nothing to do with alcohol itself not tasting good. When people drink sweet alcoholic beverages, it is done to mask the flavor of the alcohol. I don't know what else to say...that's why you like that kind of drink, because it doesn't taste like alcohol. :lol: I don't know if you're thinking about that when you drink it...but that is the exact reason why you like that kind of drink...because it masks the alcohol itself. Lmao.

Okay, so take not so sweet drinks like lager. I like Budweiser, but I'm not a big fan of Carling. Same can be said for Carlsberg and Becks, respectively. Does the same thing still apply?

Literally, wut. Now you're just talking about types of beer and your personal taste for them. I never said anything about what kinds of the same type of drink people were allowed to enjoy. I just said that alcohol is only "nasty" to people because they can't look past the flavor of the alcohol itself. I think you're mixing my joke about Blue Moon being a girls beer with my statement about alcohol being nasty to certain people. Two completely different discussions...

But that was literally all I was getting at to begin with; my personal taste for different drinks and how it's silly to be like "urgh you're drinking a girly drink" (not saying you said that, just that I've known plenty of people who do think that way) when I'm literally just drinking it because it tastes good. It wasn't even a direct response to what you said, just that what you said brought me onto that unpopular opinion.

I hate hot weather. :shift:

Agree and disagree. If I had to choose between being too hot, or too cold...I would choose being too cold. Any day of the week. I hate my body temperature being higher than normal. That said, I love hot temperatures in the summer time as long as there is a nice breeze and low humidity. It can be 90 or 100 out, and I'll be cool with it as long as there is low humidity. But...NJ gets a lot of high humidity days in the summer...which sucks.

Try oklahoma. We had snow, floods,an earthquake, and tornadoes all in one day.

I said "weather", not natural disasters. :lol:

Jersey has perfect weather IMO...just gets too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.

Otherwise, a good mix.

Try oklahoma. We had snow, floods,an earthquake, and tornadoes all in one day.

damn that's horrible. I'm from Atlanta so i never really experienced any of that. maybe a tornado on the outskirts of ATL, and light snow (meaning barely a foot) all the floods seemed to happen in Albany GA. there was only one earthquake i experienced and it was an aftershock (the one that hit somewhere in Alabama)

I don't really like the cold, mostly because I blame it for the fact that I'm prone at getting colds (ik that's been debunked or something but yea lol)

And I live in Cali :lol:

Archived