Official WrestleMania 33 Discussion Thread

Jmerc

Well the dude never got a serious push, it was always start stop for him and 50-50 booking, that makes it kinda hard to keep a steady momentum.

Perfect example (IMO) of fans knowing less than WWE themselves.

I know it seems like they fail people a lot of the time, but maybe...just maybe...they actually could see that Cesaro is not a great singles performer. And after seeing how well he does in tag teams, I'm inclined to agree. Cesaro has had some embarrassingly bad fumbles as a singles performer. I don't think those should be ignored just because we like him. If you need to hold a crowd and you completely fail on the mic to do that...it's actually a huge issue.

Point being, what looks like "start and stop booking" to us, could very easily be WWE saying "we want to push this guy, but he isn't 100% where he needs to be". They give him a little push...he says or does something embarrassingly awkward, they pull the reigns back a bit. Hard concept for a fan of a guy to understand...but I really don't think they've been as rough on Cesaro as they could have been. They've bounced back and forth only because they know he's an amazing wrestler. If they didn't have that kind of respect for him, there would be no back and forth, he simply wouldn't be used.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reigns has failed way harder as a singles performer. He's fumbled way more times than Cesario did.

...but yeah, I never saw Cesaro has a multi-time champion. I've always thought he'd be good in a Chris Benoit type role. Won the title once but only had a short reign. He's the same kind of performer imo

Well the dude never got a serious push, it was always start stop for him and 50-50 booking, that makes it kinda hard to keep a steady momentum.

Perfect example (IMO) of fans knowing less than WWE themselves.

I know it seems like they fail people a lot of the time, but maybe...just maybe...they actually could see that Cesaro is not a great singles performer. And after seeing how well he does in tag teams, I'm inclined to agree. Cesaro has had some embarrassingly bad fumbles as a singles performer. I don't think those should be ignored just because we like him. If you need to hold a crowd and you completely fail on the mic to do that...it's actually a huge issue.

Point being, what looks like "start and stop booking" to us, could very easily be WWE saying "we want to push this guy, but he isn't 100% where he needs to be". They give him a little push...he says or does something embarrassingly awkward, they pull the reigns back a bit. Hard concept for a fan of a guy to understand...but I really don't think they've been as rough on Cesaro as they could have been. They've bounced back and forth only because they know he's an amazing wrestler. If they didn't have that kind of respect for him, there would be no back and forth, he simply wouldn't be used.

Cesaro not being a great singles performer is laughable. And tell me how great WWE's pushes and booking have been for them, they're flooded with huge stars, aren't they?

Cesaro not being a great singles performer is laughable. And tell me how great WWE's pushes and booking have been for them, they're flooded with huge stars, aren't they?

Not in-ring. I even said right in that post that he is an amazing wrestler.

He's not a great singles performer in the sense that his solo personality is not strong enough. He works in teams because he's dry and boring, and he usually gets paired with a guy who has a more colorful personality, and it just works. It becomes comical because they're polar opposites. He needs that comedy element...because he's not much without it.

I've been excited for Mania for months now. Pretty much because it'll be the first event me and my pal host in our new place. Big TV, surround sound, more weed then we can handle and great company. It definitely helps when you have good company to watch the show with. It made last years shit show bearable.

Yeah if WWE can push Reigns who is notoriously poop on the mic, Cesaro shouldn't be a problem. Cesaro does the short and sweet statements well enough.

On top of that he's actually likable as a face and he's over as hell. They simply don't want to push him.

Cesaro couldn't show any intensity if he tried. The promo that Roman cut on Raw this week- imagine Cesaro trying a promo like that. Roman can simply look at a crowd and they'll go nuts- Cesaro isn't that kind of performer. Roman can get away with crappy promos because people get a kick out of them- Cesaro's "4 ropes" promo was just not good to watch...at all.

You can make the exact same comparison between The Usos and American Alpha.

Well I didn't say Roman has never had insufferable promos- he has. But he's also had some good ones. And he's also had "so bad that it was enjoyable" promos. Cesaro hasn't had any of those. And it's hard to imagine him ever having any of those- unless he decides to just rip someone on the mic in his first language (as far as I know English is not his first language) where he sounds more natural and less robotic. But as it is, he's not as good as Roman.

Well I didn't say Roman has never had insufferable promos- he has. But he's also had some good ones. And he's also had "so bad that it was enjoyable" promos. Cesaro hasn't had any of those. And it's hard to imagine him ever having any of those- unless he decides to just rip someone on the mic in his first language (as far as I know English is not his first language) where he sounds more natural and less robotic. But as it is, he's not as good as Roman.

4 ropes

4 ropes

Hmm, did people enjoy that one? I found it very awkward and painful to watch at the time, though I can definitely see why people get a kick of that one.

Archived