Football Thread

Ernez

Marco Silva sacked by Watford.

Apparently the successor is all in place, but he won't be named today. Sky are saying it's someone new to English football however.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patriots (probably) and Eagles (I hope).

Lost 2-1 to Bury! They're bottom of the league and hadn't scored in 8 games! Manager is clueless

Losing to Bury is like the worst thing that could ever happen, cuz they're so shit and in our shadow for 150 years
I'm not sure Bury were in Bolton's shadow when they won the FA Cup twice at the start of the 20th century...

They can enjoy those two seasons of being better than us

Why are they a rival of yours? Is it just that you're close to each other geographically? Genuinely didn't think you'd care about them

They're the closest team to us. We're just their bigger brother. Except more successful. We've had Bury fans giving us jealous shit for years so it was fun beating and doing better than them last year. We didn't play them for a very long time in the league so it was them who cared about us. They were our only rival last year though and this year we have none lol.

So yeah it's just the older better teaching the little kid a lesson. Plus their boasting followed by losses and now relegation probably is hilarious. Karma for their one week of banter from being above us once

That's more on them. But the system itself works. There are stats on that, but I'm on mobile, so no.

Also, Alexis Sanchez official. Manchester United doesn't pay a dime. Giving us Mkhitaryan in the process.

Such an unbelievable shit deal.

Arsenal can suck my dick. Shit club.

I wouldn't say that lad <3 The contract situation has been handled terribly (almost embarrassing in fact) but at least you're getting something in return for a player you were gonna lose for nothing in 6 months time anyway.

So, you're playing Spurs you've just gone one up and you concede a corner. Who is the ONE player that you don't leave unmarked?

Kane equalizes.

That's more on them. But the system itself works. There are stats on that, but I'm on mobile, so no.

Also, Alexis Sanchez official. Manchester United doesn't pay a dime. Giving us Mkhitaryan in the process.

Such an unbelievable shit deal.

Arsenal can suck my dick. Shit club.

I wouldn't say that lad <3 The contract situation has been handled terribly (almost embarrassing in fact) but at least you're getting something in return for a player you were gonna lose for nothing in 6 months time anyway.

We're getting the fattest Armenian on the planet and Khloe Kardashian is pregnant. He's 29, out-of-shape, can't handle English football, has Raiola as an agent, mentally weak and he'll be on a multiple year-contract on the highest wages he'll likely get in the remainder of his career. So he's likely to suck and then he's probably impossible to off-load for a good 2, 3 years.

Plus Alexis Sanchez is worth more than him, so we basically paid United to take Sanchez off us.

I'd rather lose him on a free and just go for a young player or sell him now and try and find a young player ourselves.

Or in hindsight, would've sold him to City last summer.

Muur, now that you've explained the rivalry with Bury, explain the rivalry with Tranmere again...

Tranmere hate us cuz uh, who knows? we beat them in the play offs once and that started it and they treated stopping us getting to 100 points by drawing with us as though they just won the Champions League

Tranmere just hate us for no reason

My optimistic take on this is that Mkhitaryan could be more suited to the style of football Arsenal play, or at least attempt to play on a consistent basis. He was incredible in his last season at Dortmund. I think with Mislintat, we can expect a shift towards young talent in the summer. Unfortunately, his appointment basically guarantees that Tuchel won't be managing us.

Incidentally, I was watching some matches from the 2007/08 season recently. That team deserved more.

Two stoppage time goals to win the game, and move up to 6th place.

Good shit. Now we have a game in hand over Barnsley and we're only one point off them with a game in hand. I mean we'll probably job out anyway in this extra game but still, it's a boost.

Whoever we were supposed to play today is still in the cup so we didn't play. I didn't realise till 30 mins before kick off we weren't playing lol

Liverpool beat top of the table unbeaten City then lose to bottom of the table Swansea. Classic Liverpool that

That's why I was more than happy to have them win against City. But now we have to beat Spurs at Wembley, and that's dependent on if Jose allows us to play, and utilize the pace of Sanchez and Martial and Lukaku etc, or if we're setting up to nick one.

Think there's a nice little understanding developing between Sanchez and Lukaku already.

So we sold our best striker for 6 million and Chungy turned us down lol

edit: and instead we end up with Clough back on loan. Not bad. Came from no where, so they probably got him in the last hour after losing CYL. Although it now seems Palace cancelled that at the last min due to an injury

Wahey beat Bristol City. Up three places to 19th and now we're two points above Birmingham and Barnsley, with a game in hand. ...well, it'll be a game in hand tomorrow. Need those 5 bellends below us to lose

Archived