TNA Returning To Orlando?

After The Rain

Credit: Prowrestling.net

Yet another cost cutting measure by TNA could result in Impact tapings returning to a single location.

TNA officials are considering take the television tapings off the road, in fact, one source indicates it is “foregone conclusion” the change will occur by early next year at the latest.

According to multiple sources close to the situation, both Las Vegas and Orlando are under consideration for such a locale.

I dont know if they still do this since I dont follow TNA all that closely but wasnt it when they were in Orlando full time was when they would pre tape like a months worth of Impact at a time? I kind of hope they dont do that again just because by time that last taped episode came up the crowds couldnt have looked more bored to be there.

I dont know if they still do this since I dont follow TNA all that closely but wasnt it when they were in Orlando full time was when they would pre tape like a months worth of Impact at a time? I kind of hope they dont do that again just because by time that last taped episode came up the crowds couldnt have looked more bored to be there.

Yeah they did. They did the same thing with all of their "One Night Only" PPVs. Those ones were pre-recorded months in advance.

I'm glad they took the risk, but they're now in a situation where they need to be more conservative in their finances and business plan. Hope Las Vegas gets the location since I still think being on the road is a step-up, and Las Vegas will bring new exposure, as opposed to just going back to their Orlando studio,

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I think it's in their best interest to stay as far away from Vegas as possible when it comes to a permanent location. For one, they already have a decent foot-hold in the Orlando area, so why not stick with it? Vegas is a huge gamble (word play not intended). Yes, mma is thriving there, and boxing is surviving there, but that's mainly because the two have mass profitability in the gambling business, something pro wrestling, by nature, can't really be capitalized on (Will people still place bets on things like PPV results, etc.? Sure, but not the kind of money we see with traditional sporting events.). It may not sound like a big deal at first, but you have to realize that that is the entire basis of their sporting culture. How many pro sports teams have tried to start up in Las Vegas, only to move or fold within a few years? UNLV football just barely fills their stadium past half capacity, as is the case with the 51's (AAA baseball), and they are successes. The NBA, NFL, NHL, and MLB won't touch it with a ten foot pole, save for a few one-off events. Yea, I know the target markets are slightly different, but I think setting up shop in LV really makes that "Will TNA fold anytime soon?" argument a bit more lop-sided to the negative.

Good, the vibe was so much better when they were in the Impact Zone. They should still do tours outside of the US but they need to build a strong base with good talent that they can afford to keep if they're ever gunna grow. That's what they did before Hogan and it helped them grow to what they were/are.

^ WCW went to the MGM Grand lots of times. Granted, WCW was enormous at the time...

Very true, as well as WMIX, but WCW and WWF/E didn't live there, like this report seems to state is a possibility for TNA. Vegas seems like a fantastic place to have a PPV or a one-off show/taping, but I don't think the interest would hold long term.

I hate the crowds in Orlando and I hate the arena setup. The crowds are completely apathetic and bored there and the stageup looks smalltime. I'd be open to them taping almost anywhere else.

And it's the same people in the crowd every week. I can remember a few of them. The blonde and redhead chick were always sitting together, and then there's the longhaired guy...

I hate the crowds in Orlando and I hate the arena setup. The crowds are completely apathetic and bored there and the stageup looks smalltime. I'd be open to them taping almost anywhere else.

And it's the same people in the crowd every week. I can remember a few of them. The blonde and redhead chick were always sitting together, and then there's the longhaired guy...

well to be fair they use to tape more then one impact at once

It's also the fact that a lot of the Orlando audience aren't wrestling fans, they probably got in for free.

they have to there not alloed to charge

Archived