Long Songs

.Sy™

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Atom Heart Mother but I can't put it on the same level as Animals or the Wall or Final Cut. I really like Ricks song, Summer of '68, or whatever it was. For me I'd put AHM alongside with Obscured By Clouds which I think is a great album but not as cohesive as some of the others.

And Echoes from Pompeii

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is seven minutes really that long? Four to seven minutes is about average for me. Anyway, a good majority of BtBaM's songs are well over 10 minutes long. Swim to the Moon being the longest at 17:52, or if you'd like to get technical, the Colors album is meant to be one entire song. That's about an hour and four minutes. Some other songs off the top of my head:

- Antistar by Massive Attack (19:20)

- Octavarum by Dream Theater (24:00)

- Black Lake Niðstång by Agalloch (17:34)

- 10,000 Days by Tool (11:13)

- Racecar by Periphery (15:21)

- The Moor by Opeth (11:25)

- Diabolos by Dir en Grey (9:52)

- Cygnus....Vismund Cygnus by The Mars Volta (13:02)

- The Last Baron by Mastodon (13:00)

- Eclipsical by ORBS (14:05)

Is seven minutes really that long? Four to seven minutes is about average for me. Anyway, a good majority of BtBaM's songs are well over 10 minutes long. Swim to the Moon being the longest at 17:52, or if you'd like to get technical, the Colors album is meant to be one entire song. That's about an hour and four minutes. Some other songs off the top of my head:

- Antistar by Massive Attack (19:20)

- Octavarum by Dream Theater (24:00)

- Black Lake Niðstång by Agalloch (17:34)

- 10,000 Days by Tool (11:13)

- Racecar by Periphery (15:21)

- The Moor by Opeth (11:25)

- Diabolos by Dir en Grey (9:52)

- Cygnus....Vismund Cygnus by The Mars Volta (13:02)

- The Last Baron by Mastodon (13:00)

- Eclipsical by ORBS (14:05)

Well, to me 3-5 minutes are average and a song becomes long around the 7-8 minute mark IMO. Those that last 20-40 minutes can be considered long-ass songs :P

• 6 months later...

Archived